Rest, Girl

A Journey from Exhausted and Stressed to Entirely Blessed

Pub Date 01 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 01 Feb 2022

Talking about this book? Use #RestGirl #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

If you’re overwhelmed and exhausted. . .
If you’ve ever thought that all you need to do is try harder. . .
If you’ve ever felt unappreciated or overlooked. . .
If you’ve found Jesus or you’re still searching. . .

Your Heavenly Father Invites You to Rest, Girl.

***
Female readers of all ages will find a sassy, funny, authentic, and encouraging friend in master word weaver Jami Amerine, as she comes alongside you to share God’s overwhelming grace and peace in an inside-out journey to true, life-sustaining rest. In a climate that is steeped in stress and worries, this book offers a priceless opportunity to walk in faith to experience the overwhelming blessing of a mind, spirit, and body at rest. Jami will lead you on a humorous, engaging and life-altering journey from restrictions and unrealistic expectations to the unconditional love of the Father.
If you’re overwhelmed and exhausted. . .
If you’ve ever thought that all you need to do is try harder. . .
If you’ve ever felt unappreciated or overlooked. . .
If you’ve found Jesus or you’re still...

Send to Kindle (PDF)

As a Christian woman, I really enjoyed this book. It is well written with hard truths, relatable stories and scriptures to back up her thoughts. Some may say it kind of comes across as preachy, but I think it’s more teachy than that. I and not heard of the author before despite her having several books already, but I will be looking for them as well because I did get a lot from this one.
Women are meant to have it all, do it all and be it all in our society, and that is just plain exhausting. This book gives you ways and means to seek peace and rest from within by leaning on the truths and Word of God to strengthen your heart and soul. It was refreshing to read some of her stories because not only were they real but they were funny. I enjoyed her sense of humor and the way she used it to make her points was spot on. My fav thing I took from it was the SHIFT method, which I am planning on incorporating into my life and my beliefs. This is a fairly quick read and I got a lot out of it.
Thanks to Barbour Books and Netgalley for this Arc in exchange for my review.