In Where the Drowned Girls Go, the next addition to Seanan McGuire's beloved Wayward Children series, students at an anti-magical school rebel against the oppressive faculty
"Welcome to the Whitethorn Institute. The first step is always admitting you need help, and you’ve already taken that step by requesting a transfer into our company."
There is another school for children who fall through doors and fall back out again.
It isn't as friendly as Eleanor West's Home for Wayward Children.
And it isn't as safe.
When Eleanor West decided to open her school, her sanctuary, her "Home for Wayward Children," she knew from the beginning that there would be children she couldn’t save; when Cora decides she needs a different direction, a different fate, a different prophecy, Miss West reluctantly agrees to transfer her to the other school, where things are run very differently by Whitethorn, the Headmaster.
She will soon discover that not all doors are welcoming...
- National print and online publicity campaign
- Regional author events and convention appearances
- Early-reader review programs via Edelweiss, NetGalley, and Goodreads
- Major ARC distribution to booksellers, librarians, and social media influencers
- Ongoing promotion for the Wayward Children series, including excerpts, series reads, dedicated social media, and targeted advertising
- Consumer outreach featuring sweepstakes and social media
- Extensive coverage on Tor.com, which averages 1 million unique visitors and 3 million pageviews per month, with 480K newsletter subscribers and over 213.5K social media followers