Rhythms of Rest

40 Devotions for Women on the Move

Pub Date 07 Sep 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #RhythmsofRest #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Rest and retreat are essential parts of the spiritual life, but many Christian women find both elusive in the middle of lives busy serving families, churches, businesses, and communities. Rhythms of Rest provides a respite for you to simply be still and spend time with the Lord. These 40 meaningful devotions from leaders in Black and multicultural communities and churches invite you to pause and reflect on Scripture as you ponder topics like soul-care, sisterhood, seasons of life, and Spirit-led living. You'll find daily sustenance and strength from the personal stories, reflections, questions, quotes, and Scripture passages shared by your sisters in Christ.

A Note From the Publisher

No Kindle edition available at this time.

No Kindle edition available at this time.

Rhythms of Rest 40 Devotions for Women on the Move by Suzan Johnson Cook Pub Date 07 Sep 2021 Our Daily Bread Publishing Christian | Multicultural Interest | Religion & Spirituality I am reviewing Rhythms of Rest 40 Devotions for Women on the Move through Our Daily Bread Publishing and Netgalley: In Rhythms of Rest we are reminded that essential parts of the spiritual life, but many Christian women find both elusive in the middle of lives busy serving families, churches, businesses, and communities. The word Selah appears in the book of Psalms 71 times, and it often is repeated in a single Psalm. It also appears in Habakkuk three times. Delay means to pause. In Rhythms of Rest you are provided a respite for you to be still and spend time with the Lord. These 40 meaningful devotions from leaders in Black and multicultural communities and churches invite you to pause and reflect on Scripture as you ponder topics like soul-care, sisterhood, seasons of life, and Spirit led living. In Rhythms of Rest you will find daily sustenance and strength from the personal stories, reflections, questions, quotes, and Scripture passages shared by your sisters in Christ. I give Rhythms of Rest five out of five stars! Happy Reading! Happy Reading!

You know those tweets that go around,the ones telling you to take a deep breathe and relax your shoulders and unclench your jaw? This book feels like a Godly version of those tweets. As I read each day, sometimes twice a day to start and end, I felt my whole body unclench. Like God were saying "okay breath now, relax for a moment. Rest" I very much appreciated the different voices this book used. Reading different women's perspectives on what it meant for them to pause and rest was very helpful to me. One problem I had with this book is that it sometimes reads like a travel brochure for the Author's Selah By The Sea retreat. The concept of finding rest, needing rest, making time for rest is all very important. However while some chapters seem very general about "rest" some of the other chapters seem much more focused on the value of a very specific (and I imagine expensive) Rest.

5 stars Rhythms of Rest by Suzan Johnson Cook “These 40 meaningful devotions from leaders in Black and multicultural communities and churches invite you to pause and reflect on Scripture as you ponder topics like soul-care, sisterhood, seasons of life, and Spirit-led living.” I absolutely loved this 40-day journey devotional book. It is uplifting and soul-satisfying. It was preciously what my soul needed. This will be one book that I will read multiple times. This would be perfect as a gift. I highly recommend this book! I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and Netgalley.