The Visionary Brand

The Success Formula Behind the World's most Visionary Brands

Pub Date 01 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 31 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheVisionaryBrand #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

WHAT MAKES A BRAND TRULY A VISIONARY?

Product, Innovation, Culture, Marketing...

What magical formula has built Iconic brands such as; Apple, Nike, adidas, and allowed them to sustain their Vision and maintain their brand vision for generations.

In The Visionary Brand, we explore what is at the core of these generational brands, what it takes to become a Visionary, and the foundational pillars needed to achieve Visionary status—defining the origins around creating this Masterpiece and why having all these attributes is so elusive.

The Visionary Brand outlines the strategic elements to implementing this formula:

• Defining your Vision, and following your path.

• Foundational Pillars of Success.

• Creating a continual flow of Innovative Ideas & Products.

• Developing a Breakaway Design Strategy.

• Maintaining Premium Positioning.

• Building a Passionate Culture.

• Market Driving vs Market-Driven strategy.

• Becoming a Leader vs a Follower.

• Having the Courage to be Great.

In addition, building a continual flow of innovations, executing a breakaway product strategy, maintaining premium positioning, and creating a culture embraced by both brand and community

WHAT MAKES A BRAND TRULY A VISIONARY?

Product, Innovation, Culture, Marketing...

Advance Praise

MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW

The Visionary Brand: The Success Formula Behind the Worlds Most Visionary Brands belongs in any business collection focused on branding success, and makes a case for fostering a visionary, market-driving force that achieves through innovation and inspiration.

From product visions and engagement choices to creating a disruptive, different brand that stands out from the crowd, Bryan Smeltzer provides a series of admonitions that cover the processes of a successful formula for transformation and change.

Common business book approaches such as discussions of positioning and market-driven processes thus receive a unique approach that turns tradition on end to look at new results and how to achieve, foster, and promote different forms of vision and success.

Smeltzer adopts a problem-solving approach in his discussions that draws on many real-world examples from the start. One example is his survey of how Oakley, a successful eyewear brand, was missing the boat on expanding their vision to related products.

That there are no easy answers to pursing this vision is supported in the Oakley example that introduces The Visionary Brand, where "Oakley’s little problem became a much bigger problem—one that would alienate some of their core community and drive the entire brand culture in a different direction. Both category authenticity and channel distribution would quickly become problems whereas they hadn’t been before. Oakley began to lose its cultural direction, as well as those loyal brand ambassadors who stuck with the brand through its evolution over the decades. They had loved and embraced the brand for what it was, not what it was becoming."

What went wrong? As their success story becomes one that threatens to crash and burn, Smeltzer follows the process whereby the company changed in a different direction before all was lost.

This and other examples explore visions gone awry as well as those which reached for the sky and found the stars, providing compelling insights that business readers and innovators alike will find both thought-provoking and inspirational.

What makes for "a truly visionary brand as opposed to one that loses its way" lies at the heart of these discussions, which encourage visionary thinkers to not just identify visionary qualities and pursuits, but understand what leads to success and what threatens failure.

Smeltzer's three decades in business lend a practical, real-world side to his theories and visions. These help fellow business visionaries understand the foundations of identifying what elements are involved in a successful visionary brand.

From pricing and promoting revolutionary products to integrating a product strategy that embraces short- and long-term visions, Smeltzer's approach offers business thinkers new ways of branding and envisioning their goals.

Business collections will find his book specific and filled with opportunities that visionary thinkers will find enlightening and inspirational, grounded in the nuts and bolts of real-world experience.

D. Donovan, Senior Reviewer, Midwest Book Review

READERS FAVORITE; 5 STARS; Reviewed By Renee Guill, Professional Business Reviews (10/14/21)

The Visionary Brand: The Success Formula Behind the World's Most Visionary Brands by Bryan Smeltzer is a non-fiction business book. He talks about how to use branding and innovative products to help your business grow. He also explains how marketing, culture, and lifestyle helps. Bryan Smeltzer uses companies like Apple and Nike to explain how they stayed ahead of the game. He also uses quotes and graphics to explain his points and discusses how to have a life outside of the business and how that will help you stay on top.

I thought that The Visionary Brand by Bryan Smeltzer was very informative. I loved how he used an orchestra for an analogy to explain. I liked how he talked about branding first, then products, and even about your life outside of business. Most people do not talk about the latter. I thought that was refreshing. I really liked how Bryan uses well-known companies like Apple and Nike to show how they stayed on top of their game. I thought the graphics were a nice touch, and I really loved the quotes, especially from Vincent Van Gogh. That one was surprising. I liked how Bryan gave definitions to certain words and mentioned other books to read if you need more information. My favorite part was how he motivates you at the end with each summary. I think this book would be great for any entrepreneur as well as large companies. If you need some insight and motivation to start a company or to help your company, then I highly recommend reading The Visionary Brand.

5 STARS

“This book is both: inspiring and practical. It covers visionary brand concepts and how to achieve success in building one. In the other side, I got a feeling that a strong and visionary brand is closely connected to the company you are built, it's culture, attractiveness to customers and how customers associate themselves with company's solutions, become ambassadors and promoters of the brand they love and loyal to.”

Darya Yegorina, C-Level Executive, Blogger/Influencer

5 STARS

“Mr. Smeltzer's book on The Visionary Brand is a welcome, real-world overview of how a brand manager is an '...orchestra leader...' and I can't wait to share this title with my students in my branding classes.

Robert Hughes, Professor/Educator, University of Florida

“The Visionary Brand outlines what it takes to build a true, authentic Visionary brand. It provides actionable insight and entertaining case studies that can support you in taking your brand to the next level and beyond!”

Chris Lupo, Director of Sports Marketing

Rudy Project

“The Visionary Brand provides fantastic insight on what separates commonplace brands from the Visionary ones, all taken from an ‘inside perspective,’ truly inspiring.”

Jeff Yearous, CEO/President

DZYNIT & Z Customization

MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW

Marketing Plan

The Visionary Brand book will be backed by several layers of marketing investments, and a proactive plan from the author Bryan Smeltzer.

In addition to the book, the author also has an ongoing PODCAST (The Visionary Chronicles), now with over 59 episodes that provide advice for Entrepreneurs, Business Owners, and those who have any IDEA and do not know where to go for advice on a personal and professional.

Mr. Smeltzer also is has been published in some of the most recognizable magazines relating to business and Entrepreneurship (Authority, Thrive, Entrepreneur, etc.).

The author will be actively engaged with his Publicist over a 7 month period leading up to the publication date of 2/2/22.

In addition to the book, the author also has an ongoing PODCAST...

Send To Kindle (PDF)

This book is both: inspiring and practical. It covers visionary brand concepts and how to achieve success in building one. In the other side, I got a feeling that a strong and visionary brand is closely connected to the company you are buili, it's culture, attractiveness to customers and how customers associate themselves with company's solutions, become ambassadors and promoters of the brand they love and loyal to.

This is a nice read to know what is behind the visionary brand. Every brand has a base product that made them successful when they forget that they lose their focus and face failures even may close their company. Having a Vision and focus and good marketing and making your customers happy is important. If you want to make your customer happy, first take care of your employees, motivate and reward them, acknowledge their work so they will take care of the rest. The book describes how a brand came to be successful and a forerunner and changing based on the changes in technology and people. The book is written is a simple way without any technical jargon. I liked it.