Doorway to Murder

A Blackwell & Watson Time-Travel Mystery

Pub Date 24 Sep 2019 | Archive Date 04 Nov 2021
Level Best Books, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #DoorwaytoMurder #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

In a small New York town, secrets lurk and betrayal is just around the corner. The morning after the worst blizzard of 1934, Detective Steven Blackwell takes on a highly charged murder case. The investigation starts badly: one clue, lots of lies and alibis. To make things worse, Steven is seeing visions of a woman in his house. One night, she speaks. Her name is Olivia Watson and she lives in 2014. She believes time has folded over in the house they share. As their relationship deepens, Steven’s investigation intensifies. Soon he can no longer trust anyone in his own time. Can Olivia help crack the case—and catch a killer?

 The past collides with the present in DOORWAY TO MURDER, an exciting new mystery by debut author Carol Pouliot.

A Note From the Publisher

Book illustrator: Sean Eike

978-1-947915-14-5 (Print)

978-1-947915-60-2 (ebook)

Book illustrator: Sean Eike

978-1-947915-14-5 (Print)

978-1-947915-60-2 (ebook)

Advance Praise

“With its fresh premise covering two eras that crackle off the page, Carol Pouliot introduces compelling characters to lead her series forward. Add a sharply written mystery with clever plot twists, and you have all the elements that make DOORWAY TO MURDER an accomplished debut.”
—Marni Graff, award-winning author of The Nora Tierney English Mysteries and The Trudy Genova Manhattan Mysteries

“Mystery. Romance. Time-travel adventure. DOORWAY TO MURDER is the total package. Carol Pouliot interweaves the past and present as easily as I turned the pages. I highly recommend this fun read.”
—Betsy Bitner, award-winning humor columnist, Times Union (Albany, NY)

“There's nothing I like more than a time-travel tale, but how much better to get a crisp, fair-play police procedural, too. The atmosphere grabbed me. The ending surprised me. I'm already looking forward to Steven and Olivia's next adventure. ”
—Catriona McPherson, multi-award-winning author of the Dandy Gilver detective stories

“Steven and Olivia make a great couple of crime busters in this era-jumping romance and hard-boiled police procedural. Join them. You’ll be glad you did!”
—Steve Axelrod, author of the Henry Kennis Nantucket mysteries.

“I really like this unique time traveling twist. I . . . couldn't guess who did it and what would come next. I want to read more.”
Secret Pearls Reviews