Is God Still Awake?

A Small Girl with a Big Question About God

Pub Date 02 Nov 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #IsGodStillAwake #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

In this delightful full-color picture book that teaches children about prayer, bestselling author Sheila Walsh helps you show your kids how, when, and why to talk with God as they learn more of who God is and how much He loves them!

Inspired by the ways God has used her book Praying Women, Sheila Walsh wanted to share her passion for prayer with kids--a passion that began when she was a little girl who wondered if God could hear her any time of the day or night.

Is God Still Awake? introduces curious young readers to Poppy: a little girl who has big questions about God! Poppy wants to know how to talk with God and whether God listens to her. As she goes through her day with her cat by her side, Poppy discovers that God is always there--even when the world is asleep!

With humorous, rhyming text, Is God Still Awake? assures children that God loves them and is always with them. Whether it's day or night, God is awake, He's listening, and He loves to hear His children speak!

This whimsical jacketed picture book is a perfect gift for:

children ages 4 to 8Christmas, baptisms, birthdayschildren beginning their faith journeygrandparents to share their faith across the milestraveling, snuggling, or bedtime reading

Excellent poetry and fun illustrations about a girl asking a lot of questions about God. At the end she gives us the real answers. Great for your little ones.

Is God Still Awake is a cute, reassuring book for littles who wonder about God and if He's always watching over them. I read this with my 9 and 5 year old daughters who lived the story and illustrations. The length was perfect for a reassuring bedtime read. Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book for my honest opinion.

I look up to the hills. But where dos my help come from? My help comes from the Lord. He made heaven and earth. He will not let you be defeated. He who guards you never sleeps. With so much going on in the world today. Christian parents can help their child learn about the goodness of God thru his word. A little girls journey learning that God never sleeps and He is always near. These are important truths to learn so that when doubt comes, we can direct our children to the truth and the promises of God. It is a journey for all of us. GOD NEVER SLEEPS. Illustrations that complement these simple truths bring comfort and confidence. Highly recommend. A special thank you to Thomas Nelson and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.

I really enjoyed reading this to my daughter - she loved the illustrations and could understand the different emotions Poppy was feeling. It was a little long but that could be interpreted differently in print format vs digital! Would recommend!

Thanks to Netgalley and Thomas Nelson Children's for a free digital copy. A tender rhyming book about God's presence that also happens to be whimsical and vibrant. It really walks through a little girl's thought process of what God sees and hears and knows. And she asks the question if God is always with her. And of course the answer is yes!

This is a great book for little readers wondering if God is always there. Beautiful illustrations and perfectly written for a young child

I love the style of illustrations in this book—so fun! The author also does a great. job thinking through all the questions kids have related to God's presence and listening ear. I really liked when the child questions if God is still awake when things go wrong—it's important to validate that question from an early age! Finally, Noodle is a sweet added touch to the plot. I did think the story was a bit long but am still giving 5/5 stars because the content and imagery are wonderful, and by the time you've reached the end of the story, you can sense what the main character is feeling: God really is with her and loves her, so she doesn't need to fear. Such an important message for all children to hear!

The is a delightful story about a young girl wondering if God ever sleeps. Her thoughts are excellent and the rhyming format is very engaging as are the colorful illustrations. This would be a great book for a preschool, lower elementary, or church nursery library.

First, I wanted to read this book when I saw the title. It immediately caught my attention. How was the author going to answer the question for children? The second reason I was drawn to this book was the cover. If I judged a book by its cover (which I have been known to do) then this book would win hands down as one of my favorites. The last reason I wanted to read this book was the author. I have read non-fiction books by Shelia Walsh and enjoyed each one so I guessed her children's fiction would be fantastic. I wasn't wrong. Is God Still Awake? begins with that question and addresses others as well. With colorful, eye-catching illustrations this book has great appeal for children. Because it's written in rhyme, it will also appeal to anyone who reads out loud to children. With a terrific balance of whimsy, wonder, and warmth, Sheila Walsh takes complicated questions and answer them with simple truths from God's Word. To accomplish that is amazing. When it's accomplished by using beautiful rhyming words and delightful illustrations by Aleksandra Szmidt, it becomes a book you must add to your collection. Thank you, Thomas Nelson , for the free ebook via NetGalley. I was not required to give a positive review.

I love how this story is written! It begins with so many questions that even adults ask. This book will help teach children how to seek God in their own lives and make their beliefs theirs not passed down for parents. 1. Children are exposed to questions God wants to hear and loves to answer. 2. The main character is seen working with a friend to seek answers. God sent He disciples out in 2s. 3. The main character finds the answers from the Bible. God answers her through is Word. The illustrations are beautiful. Christianity is seeing a decline in gorgeous artwork. This book closes that gap a little more but with illustrations and diction/syntax.