Things That Matter

Overcoming Distraction to Pursue a More Meaningful Life

Pub Date 19 Apr 2022 | Archive Date 31 Aug 2022

Talking about this book? Use #ThingsThatMatter #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Discover practical steps you can take today to live a life focused on things that matter, from the bestselling author of The More of Less and The Minimalist Home.

Things That Matter points the way to free ourselves from the distractions of everyday life so that we can build the lives we seek to create.”—Gretchen Rubin, author of The Happiness Project

Do you want to live a meaningful life—with very few regrets—and make a positive difference in the world? But is culture distracting you from doing so? Perhaps moments, days, and years go by without you stopping to ask yourself, Am I living out my true purpose? Even if that question whispers to you, are you brushing it aside because you don’t know what to change in life’s busyness?

In Things That Matter, Joshua Becker helps you identify the obstacles—such as fear, technology, money, possessions, and the opinions of others—that keep you from living with intention, and then he provides practical ideas for letting go of those distractions today so you can focus on what matters most. He uses practical exercises and questions, insights from a nationwide survey, and success stories to give you the motivation you need to

identify the pursuits that matter most to you
  align your dreams with your daily priorities
  recognize how money and possessions keep you from happiness
  become aware of how others’ opinions of you influence your choices
  embrace what you’re truly passionate about instead of planning that next escape
  figure out what to do with all those emails, notifications, and pings
  let go of past mistakes and debilitating habits

Things That Matter is a book about living well. It’s about overcoming the chatter of a world focused on all the wrong things. It’s about rethinking the common assumptions of today to find satisfaction and fulfillment tomorrow.

How do we get to the end of our lives with minimal regrets? We set aside lesser pursuits to seek lasting meaning. And we discover the joy of doing it every day.

Things That Matter points the way to...

ISBN 9780593193976