Good Morning, I Love You

A Guided Journal for Calm, Clarity, and Joy

Pub Date 12 Apr 2022 | Archive Date 12 Apr 2022

Talking about this book? Use #GoodMorningILoveYou #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Discover the power of mindfulness and self-compassion for cultivating greater peace, connection, creativity, and health in your life.

Why is it so hard to change? Is it simply a lack of desire or willpower? According to the science, the answer is no. And the missing ingredient may surprise you: it’s the practice of self-compassion.

Too often, we try to change our lives by pushing on, and then we beat ourselves up when we don’t succeed. But research shows that shame actually shuts down the brain’s learning centers—every time we judge ourselves, we rob ourselves of the very resources we need to change. The surprising alternative is self-compassion. When we treat ourselves with kindness, we turn on the learning centers of the brain and give ourselves the courage and motivation to change.

With Good Morning, I Love You: A Guided Journal for Calm, Clarity, and Joy, Dr. Shauna Shapiro presents an invaluable resource for transforming your life with mindfulness and self-compassion. Here she invites you to a three-month journey that includes:

• Morning and evening practices to cultivate self-compassion, mindfulness, and gratitude
• Weekly “deep dives” to boost your health and well-being
• Key scientific insights to help you understand how to achieve optimal health and live your best life
• Learning how to integrate the three pillars of mindfulness—Intention, Attention, and Attitude—into your daily life
• Growing the good in yourself and the world

“It is never too late to rewire your brain and transform your life,” writes Dr. Shapiro. And doing so doesn’t have to be “yet another chore” on your to-do list. This journal gives you an inspiring and clear road map to real change—and a welcome sanctuary for daily renewal and growth.

Why is it so hard to change? Is it simply a lack of desire or...

EDITION Paperback