One of Us Is Dead

Pub Date 26 Apr 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #OneofUsIsDead #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The highly anticipated new thriller from the bestselling author of The Perfect Marriage.

Opulence. Sex. Betrayal … Sometimes friendship can be deadly.

Meet the women of Buckhead—a place of expensive cars, huge houses, and competitive friendships.

Shannon was once the queen bee of Buckhead. But she’s been unceremoniously dumped by Bryce, her politician husband. When Bryce replaces her with a much younger woman, Shannon sets out to take revenge …

Crystal has stepped into Shannon’s old shoes. A young, innocent Texan girl, she simply has no idea what she’s up against …

Olivia has waited years to take Shannon’s crown as the unofficial queen of Buckhead. Finally, her moment has come. But to take her rightful place, she will need to use every backstabbing, manipulative, underhand trick in the book …

Jenny owns Glow, the most exclusive salon in town. Jenny knows all her clients’ secrets and darkest desires. But will she ever tell?

Who amongst these women will be clever enough to survive Buckhead—and who will wind up dead? They say that friendships can be complex, but no one said it could ever be this deadly.

Opulence. Sex. Betrayal … Sometimes friendship can be deadly.

Meet the women of Buckhead—a place of expensive...

A Note From the Publisher

Jeneva Rose is the bestselling author of The Perfect Marriage, which has been published in nearly a dozen languages and optioned for film. Originally from Wisconsin, she currently lives in Chicago with her husband and stubborn English bulldog. One of Us Is Dead is her third novel.

Advance Praise

“With a swift pace and all the elements of a perfect thriller—scandal, drama, and of course, mimosas—One of Us Is Dead is a ‘one more chapter’ read that will keep you up all night. Don’t get too comfortable in your whodunnit, because just like everything Jeneva Rose touches, this will upend you in a shocking way you never saw coming. My jaw is still on the floor.”

—Jaime Lynn Hendricks, internationally bestselling author of Finding Tessa

"The story of a close knit group of wealthy Buckhead women whose lives are connected in a web of secrets and lies, One of Us is Dead is a compulsive, stay-up-all-night read. Where everyone is both suspect and victim and the twists keep coming, this is one of those books that is impossible to put down until the final page is turned. Author of The Perfect Marriage, Jeneva Rose has written another gripping thriller you won’t want to miss.”

—Danielle Girard, USA Today and Amazon #1 Bestselling author of Far Gone

Big Little Lies meets Real Housewives in this juicy thriller from Jeneva Rose. With its vicious drama, characters you’ll love to hate, and witty commentary on wealth and power, One of Us Is Dead is a wickedly fun read from beginning to end.”

—Megan Collins, author of The Family Plot

Big Little Lies meets Real Housewives in this scandalous mystery by Janeva Rose. One of Us Is Dead takes an insightful look at wealth and power when a group of socialites gather at an exclusive salon, and one of them winds up dead. A wicked, clever and highly entertaining read!”—Wendy Walker, bestselling author of All Is Not Forgotten

“A twisty, gossipy romp of a thriller about the ugly side of the beautiful people, with an ending that will drop your jaw. Prepare to be wildly entertained.”

—Michele Campbell, internationally bestselling author of It’s Always the Husband

"Rose’s writing is pitch perfect when it comes to both keeping readers gripped and making them want to tear Olivia’s (beautifully done) hair out. If you enjoyed Clueless and other mean girls movies and books, this is for you."

—First Clue

“I couldn’t put it down; I had to see what happened. Twists galore.”

—J. T. Ellison, New York Times bestselling author, on The Perfect Marriage

“Jeneva Rose is one to watch.”

—Samantha Downing, Sunday Times bestselling author

Marketing Plan

Bestselling author of The Perfect Marriage

National reviews and author interviews

Thriller-fiction buzz mailing

Digital and print advertising campaign

Social media campaign

Lead title showcase at library, bookseller, and consumer trade shows and conferences

Official author website: JenevaRose.com

Official author Instagram: @jenevaroseauthor | Official author Twitter: @jenevarosebooks | Official author TikTok: @jenevaroseauthor

Bestselling author of The Perfect Marriage

National reviews and author interviews

Thriller-fiction buzz mailing

Digital and print advertising campaign

Social media campaign

Lead title showcase at...

EDITION Hardcover
ISBN 9798200706846
PRICE

This book was like a guilty pleasure!! Rich people can be so bad, but yet, so fun to read about! This book had it all, wealth, glamour, cattiness, cheating and or course MURDER! The book goes between present day and a few weeks pervious and it is one of the main characters explaining to a detective basically how someone got murdered, except we don't for sure know who got murdered, why the got murdered or who did it. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone looking for a quick domestic thriller! I absolutely loved it! Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for this ARC in exchange for a honest review.

Grab your wine, popcorn, chocolate and watch the deadly group of women unravel. This was such an addicting read. The lead up and suspense was soo good, but after a little tease that kind of deflated me, that when I got to the end it didn’t really satisfying my needs to match the great lead up. I love the author’s writing and her style. Her lead ups are always on point. The books I’ve read by this author I have loved, so, I’m still super excited to read more of her future work! I highly recommend this book for those that love great drama of bored wealthy housewives. Thank you Netgalley and BlackStone Publishing for this ARC

Jeneva Rose became an auto-buy author for me after I discovered her debut book The Perfect Marriage on the Kindle store under the "recommended for you" section. This was pre-bookstagram account and I had not heard of her or the book so I went in blind and LOVED it. To say I was beyond stoked when I got this ARC is an understatement. I ended up reading this with two of my best bookstagram gal pals and we devoured this! I think it took us roughly 24 hours to finish and this book did not disappoint. I absolutely love reading about spoiled, wealthy, bratty women and Jeneva delivered the best of the worst of these ladies. I loved that everything revolved around a beauty bar and loved that each chapter was told from someone else's perspective. At the beginning I struggled with the chapters - they are told from a different person's perspective and little clues are given as to who's head we are inside, but you have to pay attention to know who it is. I'll be honest, I hated this at first, but it grew on me and I ended up loving solving the tiny mystery at the beginning of each chapter. This book burned hot and bright all the way through, but I do think it let me wanting more with the ending. I liked how it ended and who was "off'd", but what I loved about The Perfect Marriage was the GASP at the end with the twist. You sort of saw what was coming here and I just wish there was more of a surprise. Other than that - this book was incredible. It was "un-put-downable" and another Jeneva Rose masterpiece! Thank you so much to NetGalley & BlackStone publishing for the opportunity to read this early. Do yourselves a favor and pre-order this now! This was GOOD!

I was so excited to receive an early e-arc for One of Us is Dead by Jeneva Rose. I literally screamed!! The Perfect Marriage was my favorite thriller of 2020 and that book has been really hard to top! I buddy read this with Ashley & Megan and we literally flew through this book in a day! I finished last (as usual 😅) but only within an hour or two of them! Our DM’s were blowing up 😆! I also learned some new words, thanks to this book, like “kinsult” = kind insult and “clexy” = classy sexy 😃 When I started the book, I was a bit lost with who was who, so I created a cast of characters in my mind and that helped a lot! Then Meg, Ash & I created a cast of bookstagrammers, and that was even more fun 😆! This book gave me Housewives vibes. Your typical cast of dysfunctional, deceitful group of ladies, cheating spouses, and a party of the year for the “big event” along with a murder to top it off! Any book that I can finish within 24 hours gets all the stars from me!

Jeneva Rose has written another entertaining, dramatic, and twisty story that kept me turning the pages with a smirk on my face the whole time! The women of Buckhead enjoy nothing more than being married to rich and successful men but when one of their own is replaced by someone much younger the true feelings and loyalties of this group of women is called into question. Would someone really go as far as murder to keep from losing their status in society? Loved all the backstabbing and cattiness!

Obsessed with this book! Was so good and read it in a day! Really enjoyed the twists and storyline. Would definitely recommend to any thriller lover. Thank you NetGalley for this advanced copy!

This is one of the best thrillers I’ve read this year. @jenevaroseauthor can do no wrong. That is all. (Thank you @blackstonepublishing and @netgalley for the gifted ARC!) Rich people behaving badly is my favorite thing, and this one did nothing but deliver. It had the money, the drama, the secrets, and the betrayal. Everyone loves and hates each other, and no one is as good as they seem. Told from a multiple POV and multiple timeline, we bounce back and forth between present day and the events leading up to it. You don’t even find out until the end who died or who did it, but the wait is 100% worth it. I spent the entire first 90% of the book trying to guess who was murdered and who did it and why and it was so much fun. This book is full of twists and turns and bad life choices and I can’t recommend it highly enough. Out in April 2022, check it out ASAP!

First off, any rating under 5 stars would be a “kinsult” to this lovely new gem from Jeneva Rose! ONE OF US IS DEAD follows a group of rich, snooty women who save their calories for their wine, and their manners for their…oh, wait, they have no manners! 😉 I usually don’t do well with plots centered around catty, rich wives, but this one worked in a sexy Desperate Housewives kinda way. Sprinkled with subtle comedy, multiple POVs, and just enough crazy to keep you guessing, this long-awaited follow up to A PERFECT MARRIAGE is a must-read for fans of women’s fiction and domestic thrillers. Notable Quotes: “The bully forgets they’re a bully. The victim never does.” “Fear makes people crazy. Insecurity makes them crazier.” “We all leave some imprint of ourselves behind, even plastic ponytail holders.”

This book was deliciously provocative and fun to read. I enjoyed all of the characters and couldn’t wait to find out what happened. This book is an absolute winner.

Read this if you: *liked Big Little Lies *love reading about rich people (& their problems) *like multiple POV *LIVE FOR DRAMA I was hooked on Jeneva Rose after reading The Perfect Marriage. This one did not disappoint. One husband trades in one wife for a younger, hotter one. One husband is a plastic surgeon. One is in “supply chain” (and I had to lol @ this because I work in ACTUAL supply chain. Her description has me cackling). Affairs. Lies. Secrets. Hidden pasts. You will not want to miss this one. It took a minute to get used to each chapter being by someone else and not knowing who it was until you read the first sentence or two, but honestly it worked in this book. All the characters are dispensable. Thank you NetGalley & Blackstone for eARC in exchange for an honest review. Pub date: Apr 26

Thank you NetGalley & Blackstone Publishing for an eARC of Jeneva Rose's upcoming novel, One of us is Dead! This one comes out in April of 2022, and it certainly did not disappoint. I read this one in less than 24 hours and am giving it no doubt ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ huge stars. For me, this one is less thriller and more drama, cheating, betrayal and backstabbing - and I loved every minute of it. Beware, this one is a bit spicy, too. 🌶 Who will be clever enough to survive Buckhead - and who will end up dead? You must read to find out! Things I loved... -Multiple POVs with short chapters -Drama, drama, drama -If you love town gossip, this one's for you -Big Little Lies & Housewives vibes Unique and deliciously bingeable, I won't be forgetting this book any time soon!

Thank you Blackstone Publishing For this new Jeneva Rose novel! One of Us Is Dead was the perfect October read! I binged this in two sittings and loved every second of it. Right from the beginning this book is filled with intrigue and wit. You can't get of these characters. You won’t want to put this book down. It’s intriguing and draws emotions of suspense and curiosity. I loved this read and encourage everyone to grab it as your next book. The end of this book absolutely shocked me to the core and is the type of ending you will never forget for as long as you live. Couldn't have loved this book more if I wanted to.

Thank you to Netgalley and Blackstone Publishing for the ARC. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5/5 stars One of Us is Dead is another hugely entertaining, insane thriller by the author of The Perfect Marriage. It centers around a group of rich women in the affluent neighborhood of Buckhead and the woman who owns the most popular salon in town. Obviously, by the end, one of them is dead and one is a murderer. I LOVED this book. I read it right after I finished season 3 of You and it was the perfect follow-up. It is full of twists and turns and cattiness and insanity. I love reading rich women acting horribly and maybe murdering each other and this one delivers. Definitely one of my top reads of the year and a go-to rec when it releases in April 2022. If you love a suburban thriller, this is a must read. ARC was provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Full review to be posted closer to release date.

What I Liked: I LOVED the characters. They had so much depth. I mean, I hated them, but I loved hating them. The twist at the end was incredible! I loved how the book was told from various points of view - it let us get a little snippet of everyone's mind and helped move the plot along. I loved the LGBT+ inclusion!

Jeneva Rose does it again with One of Us Is Dead! A murder happens in a small town, where everyone has a secret, and someone dies to keep secrets from being revealed. Cheating spouses, hidden pasts and love triangles galore, this book just kept me guessing until the very end!

I loved this! There was so much drama and I enjoyed it very much. I would totally recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about rich people problems (I certainly do).

This ARC is was amazing 🍾 One of Us is Dead follows the drama of several rich housewives who all run in the same social circles and belong to the exclusive salon, GLOW. There are several perspectives but easy to separate them and keep the story straight. This felt so much like desperate housewives and I loved it! I was just expecting the usual drama but there is a big secret at the end! It was a page turner since you spend the majority of the book wondering who would be killed. Fun read with a satisfying ending! 🤩

I had the pleasure of reading this book early for blurbing purposes. Here's my official quote: Big Little Lies meets Real Housewives in this juicy thriller. With its vicious drama, characters you’ll love to hate, and witty commentary on wealth and power, One of Us Is Dead is a wickedly fun read from beginning to end.

Buckhead wasn’t a place you lived. It was a place you survived.” Thank you @netgally & @jenevarose for this early release, releasing April 26, 2022. This book was a crossover between desperate housewives and real housewives. Super rich husbands, women with way too much drama- and money. Lies, scandals, cheating and of course-drama. I really enjoyed most of the characters and their baggage, except Olivia.. iykyk🙄 I really enjoyed the multiple POV’s, but this wasn’t as thrilling as I hoped it would be. The ending was great! I will forever recommend Jeneva! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

A huge thank you to the author and publisher for providing an e-ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review! This book reminds me of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (or any Real Housewives show). A handful of rich women with their rich husbands and all their drama and problems… but the thriller version. Honestly, I thought I’d get confused with each chapter changing POVs. But I was able to follow along well, and I enjoyed getting insight on all the women’s devious thoughts. It helped that usually, each chapter and new POV picked up right where the last one left off, so the story blended together seamlessly. The plot twist too? WOWZA. I couldn’t put this book down! This was my first book from Jeneva Rose, but it definitely won’t be my last. Can’t wait to pick up her other ones!

You guys!! She did it again! Another 5 star un put downable read! This was like RHOA meets your favorite thriller. This is a phenomenal read. Thank you NetGalley for the e-arc! I can’t wait to buy the print copy when it is released!

Let me start this off by saying that I. WAS. HERE. FOR. THE. DRAMA! This book had a bunch of vibes that reminded me of The Hunting Wives! All the drama that was getting stirred up in this book had me sucked in! Olivia's character, I absolutely despised! She is your typical mean, entitled, rich girl and I wanted to fight her so many times! There are multiple POV's, like a crazy amount! There's a POV for pretty much every woman that's in this friend group, so it is a bit confusing in the beginning, but you learn to differentiate between them as the story goes on. The ending definitely took me for a ride! So much happened and I had so many theories on who did it! If you're looking for something dramatic with a bit of Suspense thrown in, definitely keep this on your radar! Thank you to the author, Netgalley, and blackstone publishing for providing me with an ARC in exchange for my honest review!

SO GOOD! I loved this thriller - it was so good and I did not see the ending coming. This book captures the inside look at the social elite of Buckhead, Atlanta - and what people will do for status and money. Set in the context of their local - albeit exclusive - beauty salon - the women fight there way through life. Olivia is the token mean girl, Shannon is the scorned divorcee, Crystal is the new wife, Karen is the unhappy housewife, Jenny is the salon owner and Keisha is her second in command. Their husbands are even worse. This book is great because you know someone is dead at the end, but you don't know who until the very final chapters. Great writing - loved this book so much and cannot wait to read more by Janeva Rose. Thanks so much for the early copy of the book!