So We Lie

Pub Date 31 Oct 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #SOWELIE #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

What do we do when the truth hurts too much?

Fresh out of the national academy - mother of two - FBI profiler Eva Rae Thomas is in over her head on her first assignment in multi-million-copy bestselling author Willow Rose’s breath-taking mystery.

When the mother of two, Arlene Wood, crashes her car against a tree at four in the morning, the case seems pretty straightforward.

But evidence found in the remains of the car soon raises the question of whether this was really an accident.

Shortly after, her husband is taken in and later convicted of having murdered his wife.

But many questions remain unanswered.

Why was Arlene driving in the middle of the night?

Why did she leave the house, her husband, and her sleeping children, get into her car, and drive away?

Was she meeting someone?

A friend?

A lover?

A killer?

Six years later, Special Agent Eva Rae Thomas is new on the job when she stumbles upon something that suddenly blows this case wide open.

But can she persuade anyone to reopen the case even when the husband has admitted that he is guilty?

And will she be able to do it in time before this killer strikes again?

This mystery novel is the prequel to the #1 bestselling Eva Rae Thomas Mystery Series.

The Eva Rae Thomas Mystery series has more than 15,000 five-star reviews on Goodreads!

What do we do when the truth hurts too much?

Advance Praise

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This book kept me guessing, and I couldn’t put it down. It held me glued to the pages until the surprising end! - Goodreads reviewer

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9781954938229

Good book! Its kind of short but still was good! This book had the usual, it had suspense, intrigue, action and a great storyline! It also has a great who done it! I definitely recommend reading this book! Its well worth reading! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!

it was a great book to read if you wanted to know how she got started .And its a great thriller. I would like to thank netgalley.com and the publisher for allowing me to review the book

Super eerie and spooky and great fun for the October season. I really enjoyed the plot itself and the direction that the author took this book in. My jaw was on the floor in some instances!

So We Lie, by Willow Rose, is one of those books that you won't want to put down. It's a prequel to the Eva Rae series. I ended up reading it straight through in one night. The writing was great, the story kept me guessing and there was a nice little twist at the end. Unfortunately, the ending wasn't very satisfying and didn't make a whole lot of sense. It felt as if it was all jammed together just to have some sort of "conclusion". Overall, I did enjoy the story and found the characters interesting. Eva Rae Thomas, a brand new FBI profiler, fresh out of the academy, is in way over her head with a self appointed assignment. Six years ago Arlene Wood, crashed her car into a tree. While at first the case seemed pretty self explanatory, there was evidence that this was no accident. Although her husband, Frank, is convicted of murdering her there are still many unanswered questions.. Why was Arlene driving in the middle of the night? Fast forward to 6 years later and Special Agent Eva Rae Thomas stumbles upon evidence that calls for re-opening the case. She just has to persuade her superiors to reopen a case where the husband has admitted his guilt. She just has to do it ibefore the killer strikes again.

Willow Rose has done it again. The Eva Rae Thomas series just keeps getting better and better. I am such a big fan of all her series! Willow Rose never disappoints with her books. Pick up one today!!

Another great Willow Rose book! This is another fast paced action packed story full of twist and turns. I highly enjoyed this book I couldn’t wait to find out what happened and I absolutely was excited by the ending.

When I think of thrilling reads, I think of books just like this one, that gives all the feels, thrills and can satisfies just about every reader's heart. This is a perfect books to snuggle up with on any day.

Willow Rose writes fast paced stories with characters I love. This book is a prequel to her Eva Rae series. I loved getting to learn a new part of Eva Rae. I highly recommend you check out this book. A great twisty mystery that me questioning who to believe and trust until the end.

I included the link of my online review below, where you can see why I recommended it to my followers. Additional info: - The chapters were short because it changed points of view a lot, but it didn't feel weird reading the short chapters on my phone. It may need to be a "short/small" book to print correctly and not be one-page chapters. - As I mentioned in my online review, I loved the point of view and time-period changes - it required me to stay focused but also gave me a comprehensive view of the story that simultaneously kept me guessing. I felt like I got to play detective on my own as I read. - I wasn't a huge fan of the ending, it felt like it just kind of cut off, but now that I know it's a prequel to a series, I fully understand and I'm so excited to read the next one. - This book is raw - it keeps you guessing and requires you to think about what your reading. Total page-turner because you want to know what happens next, what the next clue is. - As a main character, I loved Eva Rae. She was strong, didn't take crap from anyone, and showed her daughters that they, too, could be strong, respected, and accomplished.

What a delight to have the chance to read this introduction to the Eva Rae Thomas series, since I have read all of them! Eva Rae is probably the only person convinced of a prisoner's innocence for the murder of his wife. He has confessed and been imprisoned for several years, while his sister-in-law is rearing his children. Eva Rae visits him, and he is still insistent that he is the killer. Even though she doesn't understand why, she persists in investigating. Thank you, Net Galley; I do love Willow Rose and felt very lucky to be picked for a free copy! https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4336484367

So yet again I come to the party late. But in this instance I may have scored because it's the prequel. So maybe I'm on time for a change. This was an awesome book despite not reading the previous nine. Here you learn all about Eva a newly appointed FBI profiler and how she started her career. Her first case is one that she thinks the wrong person was convicted. As she delves deeper more bodies turn up. Rose tells an awesome story with several storylines at the same time. Both past and present. Rose has a true gift in story telling. She takes you down so many paths. More twists and turns. She certainly has me guessing. Just when you thought you had it it changed. I was guessing right up til the end. It's a journey worth taking. Enjoy!

Another superb novel from Willow Rose, this time it is a prequel to the Eva Rae series on her first case loved it. I received this book from the publishers via Netgalley for a review

I was lucky to receive an advance copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review and opinion. I have not read any prior books in this series so this was my first one and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to understand however I was and thoroughly enjoyed it. This story had me gripped from the first page and the story is extremely well written and flowed effortlessly. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat, I promise this book won't disappoint and I look forward to reading more books from this author.

In the prologue we are introduced to Mindy and Tuck, the drunk couple who were involved in the collision that killed Arlene Woods and in the back of my mind, I couldn’t work out how this was ever treated as a murder as Arlene had been killed when she collided with a tree but it’s certainly clear that there is more to this than meets the eye. There are a lot of characters introduced from the outset and I found it difficult to place the timeline and how it all fitted together but once I got into the flow, I was hooked and the suspense is pretty tremendous throughout. Six years have passed and Eva Rae Thomas has decided that in her new role as an FBI profiler, she wants to take on the case of the murder of Arlene Woods having studied it when she was in training. It’s fair to say that the case has stuck in her thoughts since that time and she can’t shake it off as she is utterly convinced that Arlene’s killer, the man who was convicted of her murder, is innocent as he does not fit the profile. It is a truly exceptionally well written thriller. Eva Rae Thomas is a gloriously rich character. She has been working hard to get the job of a profiler in a field that she feels a little overwhelmed in, but she has a stamina and conviction second to none and is determined to take on this case even if it puts pressure on her marriage and the fact that she’s not around very much for her two daughters. Let’s face it, as mothers in the 21st century, we all have an element of the guilt of wanting a career as well as to be a good mother to our children. The way the Author releases the information about how this came to be a murder case is executed brilliantly, with Eva Rae pitching to the most frightening woman in her office, something that is made clear to her she shouldn’t have done makes it all the more authentic and believable. Mindy ad Tuck are a couple of colourful characters. Now separated, Mindy very much wants to go to the police and tell them what happened that night. The novel has got a sense of Dan Brown about it, not by the content of the story but purely because the Author lays a hook at the end of each chapter that leaves you in suspense and it became one of those books that I stayed up late into the night to read ‘just one more chapter.’ The reality was that I couldn’t put this book down. The authentic writing style is fast paced and totally page turning stuff. The ending felt as though I was full of suspense, most definitely keeping me on my toes. Highly recommended.