Tom Collins

A 'Slightly Crooked' Novel

Pub Date 02 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 23 Dec 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TomCollins #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

What if that person from the bar—you know, the one you just slept with—turns out to be your boss's spouse?

When soul-searching Christian meets Liv, stars align and her green eyes burn a hole straight through him. Their playful attraction quickly escalates into something much more. But Liv has a little more to her story—one that will turn his life upside down and entangle him in a predicament for the ages. She’s married to his new boss.

With a dash of dark humor, the story ensues and things begin to heat up. A ball-busting buddy tries to save Christian from himself, but a work event places everyone together on a weekend trip to Golden Beach, FL. As tension builds, his work nemesis, knack for late-night partying, and (most importantly) Liv don't make things any easier. Christian begins to question everything he thought he knew. It’s not until he stumbles upon a mysterious aging rock star that he starts to see things a bit differently. And sometimes, the way you look at something can change everything.

Tom Collins is more than an edgy, sexy story of lust, attraction, and infidelity. It’s about how our lives come to be and what shapes us along the way.

This was suspenseful, funny, entertaining and well written! You won’t be able to put it down! It had me turning the pages just to see what would happen next in the adventures of Christian and Liv’s life! Who knew a story about everyday events could be so entertaining! I’ve never read anything by this author before but I look forward to changing that! This was a nice read to switch over from having read thrillers and horror books for the past month or so!

His name is Christian Ballantine. A Tom Collins is his favourite type of drink: a cocktail. Christian likes to party. He has a good job and a nice home. He is good-looking and does well with women. He is still young; about thirty. Bur he is just getting to the point in life where his bachelor boy antics are increasingly starting to seem out of place as more and more of his friends are settling. Then, he meets Liv, a slightly older woman, in a bar and the two begin a passionate affair. Without wishing to give too much away, Liv's arrival soon complicates things for Christian. Soon things get very awkward indeed. Although Christian and Liv are hardly innocents, both are also the victim of circumstance. I was thoroughly absorbed by Douglas Vigolotti's novel throughout. Frankly, the only problem with it really was that it ended a bit too soon for me. More, please!

🄱🄾🄾🄺 🅃🄾🅄🅁 🅁🄴🅅🄸🄴🅆 𝗧𝗢𝗠 𝗖𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗦 Douglas Vigliotti ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 𝗠𝘆 𝗥𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄 This is a perfect example of not judging a book by it's cover. I started reading with an open mind, and found an engaging story with some relatable and credible characters. When Christian meets the enigmatic Liv, he believes he may have found the one thing he thought was missing from his otherwise successful life. After spending the night together, he wakes to an empty bed and a note saying that he can see her again the following week. When he discovers Liv is the wife of his boss, Christian finds himself caught in a potentially dangerous situation. I liked Christian. He was confident, had a measure of success, both personally and financially, and was a nice guy. But I think I would have run a mile. I hadn't read anything by this author before, but if his other books are even half as good as this, I’ll be a happy reader. This book captured my attention and held on all the way to the end. I like the author's writing style, and the character development, especially the dialogue, made this compelling story much more enjoyable. Overall, this was a well written, 'unputdownable’ book which I am happy to recommend. I gave Tom Collins, by Douglas Vigliotti five stars.

Tom Collins is Christian’s favourite drink. Christian falls for Liv, who just happens to be his boss’s wife, but he doesn’t know that until he’s fallen in love with her. This has an exciting plot following Christian’s journey to discover what he wants from life and what’s important. I liked all the characters in this book. The revelation of Olivia’s past felt a little unnecessary; it explains some of the plot. Still, I think it could have been just as good and relevant without it. Tim felt a little weak when he confronted Christian. I thought that it could have had far more emotion and fireworks. I particularly liked Jack though, his easy going and fun nature makes him the perfect best friend to Christian. The end wasn’t what I expected, and it felt a little too soon. I would love to know what Christian does next and what happens with Liv. I loved the excellent writing style of Douglas Vigliotti and his dark humour. This captured my attention and held my interest to the end. In addition, I enjoyed reading a ‘romantic’ book written by a male and featuring a male protagonist; it was refreshing. I also enjoyed the quick pace and short chapters, which helped make this a quick and entertaining read, This is a great debut novel, and I am looking forward to the mentioned podcast.