The Conversation Guide

How To Skillfully Communicate, Set Boundaries, and Be Understood

Pub Date 16 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 18 Feb 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheConversationGuide #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Most of us have everyday conversations with ease, yet we can get tripped up when the topic turns serious or emotional. We may fumble or freeze. We may fear saying the wrong words, making things worse, or getting stuck in an endless argument cycle.

Fortunately, there are steps we can take to improve how we speak to others. In The Conversation Guide: How To Skillfully Communicate, Set Boundaries, and Be Understood, registered clinical counsellor and teacher J.L.Prevost teaches 10 skills for making all types of conversations less stressful, easier, and more effective.

Grounded in gold-standard techniques from communication and psychology models, the 10 skills will give you the confidence and know-how to prepare for, start, and structure conversations. Through relatable anecdotes, common dialogue examples, and valuable tips, this guide offers practical solutions you can implement right away, without having to wade through pages of communication theory.

The Conversation Guide will teach you skills to:

-Stop avoiding confrontation

-Set and enforce personal boundaries

-Structure difficult conversations

-Establish common goals

-Support yourself post-talk

Whether you are facing a difficult conversation with a boss, client, friend, romantic partner, or parent, this book can help you say what you need to say— and avoid misunderstandings— without compromising your boundaries or your relationships. Learn more at: https://www.theconversationguide.com/

Bio

J. L. Prevost holds a master’s degree in counseling psychology and is a registered clinical counselor (British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors), a licensed teacher (British Columbia Teachers’ Federation), and a passionate communication-skills coach.

She has worked in high school, group, and one-on-one settings. In private practice, Prevost works with individuals and couples experiencing communication challenges, anxiety, trauma, and chronic illness.

In her spare time, she writes music, makes cold-process soap, plays pool, and enjoys hanging out with her partner, her cat, and her dog in her native British Columbia, Canada.

A Note From the Publisher

Author is available for interviews, blog tours, autographed tours, autographed book giveaways, contests, and book club discussions.

EDITION Paperback