Deliciously Healthy Menopause

Food And Recipes For Optimal Health Throughout Perimenopause And Menopause

Pub Date 05 Apr 2022 | Archive Date 19 Apr 2022

Talking about this book? Use #DeliciouslyHealthyMenopause #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Minimize symptoms of perimenopause and menopause!

Optimize your physical, emotional and hormonal health through targeted nutrition and recipes. This healthy cookbook empowers you to take control of your menopause so you can maximize the possibilities of this new phase of life.

Inside this menopause diet book, you’ll find food and lifestyle guidance to support a successful transition through “the change.” It also:

• Takes you through the entire menopausal journey — before, during and after
   • Balances the clinical and emotional sides of negotiating menopause
   • Gives expert insight into the key nutrients, vitamins and minerals at the heart of hormonal health
   • Includes over 80 everyday foods and recipes that can be enjoyed solo, with a partner or by the whole family
   • Suggests how to customize recipes to suit your situation: either to target a particular condition or symptom, or to cater to your dietary needs and choices

Deliciously Healthy: Menopause is a recipe and nutritional book of two halves. The first section introduces the “food as medicine” approach with a nutrient-rich meal and lifestyle plan to balance hormones, maintain bone and tissue strength, and boost mood. It demonstrates how stress, physical activity, sleep and social connection affect this period of change, and gives you strategies to find balance in all aspects of life.

The second part of this natural menopause book “puts the plan into practice” with over 80 flavor-packed recipes that embrace everything good for metabolic and hormonal health. You can customize each recipe to target a specific symptom and suit your preferences. With gluten-free recipes, vegetarian and vegan meal ideas, it’s easy to include balanced nutrition into your life. You’ll instantly feel the benefits!
Minimize symptoms of perimenopause and menopause!

Deliciously Healthy Menopause is an informative book about aging, nutrition, and health. It offers a good overview of what happens to bodies during this stage of life, and the options people have for having the most pleasant and healthiest experience. The delicious looking recipes will inspire many to reconnect with their kitchens.

Severine Menem is fairly well known and is a registered Nutritional Therapist and Health Coach for women over 40 struggling with menopause symptoms. One of her initiatives is to break the taboo around menopause and thus the title of the book :) She expends a lot of energy articulating current menopause culture and I believe that sets that the tone of the book and will put many women at ease. She says, "Menopause can make you feel less in control of your body and mind—cooking delicious and nutritious food to prioritize your well-being is a powerful way to reclaim some of that lost sense of self. " The book itself includes nutrition plans to supplement or supplant medication that you may be taking to mediate menopausal symptoms. The second half of the book are 80+ recipes incorporating the nutritional components. There is a broad variety of simple and complex recipes which include vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options. As a vegetarian, there were some recipes that I could not test. But I hope someone does try the "Black Olive and Tuna Cake' as that looks delicious! The recipes are not listed in the contents, rather divided by breakfast, entrees and so on. I did love Beet chips, Magical Kale Salad and Mushroom and Thyme Oatmeal (although not for breakfast). This is a helpful book including all that you will need to know about menopause and nutrition. It would be a great gift for a friend and the recipes themselves are quite beautiful. I would recommend this great book to anyone over 40 :) #NetGalley #DKPublishing

A guide to a not so fun part of life but it sorts it out for you. First part pretty much breaks down menopause and the symptoms then it gives you some Mediterranean type recipes to navigate eating well. I’ll be honest… very few Mediterranean recipes look appealing even though I know it’s the best for you. We have a McDonald’s on every corner not Mediterranean restaurant… tempeh, tofu, or chickpea. I’ve never ate it so I have no idea what it’s supposed to taste like… let alone make it at home. Still there’s some good information in here and the basics you can still try. I love a good matcha tea, and eating more protein vegetables and fruit is doable. Four stars for the book!

This book has a lot of good information. It was helpful to understand what is happening with my body. Supplements were recommended to balance hormones and reduce menopause symptoms naturally and well as an overview of hormone therapy options. I was expecting more recipes and better recipes. I found a few useful but most had ingredients I wouldn't use. I received this galley from NetGalley.

Severine Menem is known as a Menopause Specialist, a nutritionist who empowers women with information and tools to navigate menopause and its symptoms as naturally as possible. Deliciously Healthy Menopause breaks down how to make lifestyle changes and describes the important role food plays in how you feel while transitioning through menopause. This is a good balance of science mixed with delicious, healthy, and flavor-filled recipes. Would love to add this book to my home collection. Thank you to DK Publishing and NetGalley for this ARC.