Love Grows Everywhere

Pub Date 04 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 27 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #LoveGrowsEverywhere #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Meet a green-fingered family whose diverse community is bursting with love in this lushly illustrated and lyrical picture book.

This beautiful and warmly-told story teaches us that love really does grow everywhere, in all shapes, forms, and sizes.

Through gentle, rhyming text and vibrant illustrations, feel the love in a close-knit family who grow plants and sell them in their local market, and discover the types of love that exist in the many homes of their diverse community.

There are kisses from Dad, songs with Grandma, charity from neighbours and playtime with friends. There’s old love, new love and everything in between!

But there’s a new kid who is not quite so sure... Can the gardeners’ daughter be brave and extend the love to him?

Beautiful and characterful illustrations from the exceptionally talented Tisha Lee help bring this book to life, and the gentle rhyming text from Barry Timms helps underscore the message of kindness, charity, and love.

This warm and charming tale, perfect for Valentine’s Day and beyond, celebrates the many different ways love grows to make a brighter world.

This beautiful and warmly-told story teaches us that love really does...

Love Grows Everywhere is a wonderfully illustrated and diverse book that focuses on the emotion of love and how it grows within families, neighborhoods and more. The text rhymes creating an easy flowing narrative that help tell the story, A must read!

This book is a gentle nod to all kinds of love just in time for Valentine's Day. The characters are diverse, and some present as gender non-conforming. The style of art is very modern with neutral shades. The kinds of love and empathy shown include caring for one another, caring for plants, and caring for pets.

This book would be perfect all year round, but works nicely for anyone wanting to celebrate love without the trappings of the holiday.

I recommend this for anyone who enjoys a beautifully illustrated picture book.

A festive celebration of love, in all its forms, written in verse and illustrated in beautiful, painstaking detail. This book is an inspirational dedication to kindness and love big and small. A great read aloud to share with little ones. The pictures are fun to explore and connect the whole work together nicely.

I thought that this was a charming book!

The illustrations were delightful and they really worked well with the book. It was a lovely book to read and I liked that it rhymed too.

My daughter is four and she really enjoyed this book and I am sure that she won’t be the only one. The book had the perfect focus and I love the focus on love and its forms.

It is 5 stars from me for this one – very highly recommended!

Love Grows Everywhere is the anthem I didn't know I needed but I am so glad that I now have. It is a beautifully written book, and can we give a round of applause to the illustrations! I enjoy it when the illustrations alone can tell me the same story I am reading, and Love Grows Everywhere does exactly that. Love is just bursting out of this book, a true winner because it would make a very treasured gift to any child.

This is a beautiful look at love and how it blooms and grows differently just like different plants. It sometimes takes time but it can be worth it.
Lovely book for the whole family to read together!

Thanks NetGalley for this ARC!

Heck yes, we need more of such books! And it's not just for the kids but for the adults reading along. Such books are a great reminder that we are human beings who thrive best in good interactive communities.

Love the basic illustrations and art sequences.

Thank you, Frances Lincoln Children's Books for the advance reading copy.

This was amazing.
I loved that this was love and plant focused and showed the parallels with love taking time and kindness but it blooms so brightly.
The artwork in this is simple yet fantastic. The colours are bright and wonderful.
I can imagine many young children getting a lot of joy out of this one.
It was superb!

Love Grows Everywhere is a beautifully illustrated picture book with diverse characters showing the ways in which you can show and find love in your community and that all people need some love and kindness in their lives. There is also a message of seeking and finding the love in your community if you are feeling down and in need of love and kindness. A sweet, simple book about loving others in your neighborhood.

Vibrant, fun illustrations!

This children’s book highlights that love can be simple, comes in many forms and is felt by all.

The overall message is that we can make the world brighter by showing our love.

This is such a sweet celebration of love, in all its wonderful forms! Using a broad metaphor of plants, the story illustrates the power of love in families and communities and between friends and couples. Readers are reminded that love is resilient and that there's always enough to go around.

Told in gentle rhymes, the text will engage young listeners. The illustrations are gorgeous! They're all lively and detailed, but there's some especially nice two-page spreads that kids can really pore over to spot all of small stories hiding in the pictures. This would be a lovely circle time read and a fantastic addition to pre-K and elementary school and community libraries!

Many thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review!

A super vivid picture book that has a fun theme of love and plants running throughout. So beautiful and the rhyme scheme makes it a great read aloud

This was so beautifully illustrated and written. What a cute book. I loved the message just as much as I loved the bright, cute illustrations.

This is a sweet read, perfect for Valentine’s Day. Beautiful, vibrant illustrations accompany a poem about love. This is a great book for families to cherish as the children grow older.

Love Grows Everywhere tells a very sweet story of a little girl who lives in the city and is surrounded by family, friends, and plants. Plants help bring the community together. A new family moves in and the boy feels out of place until the little girl brings him a plant and shares her love of plants. He shares his interests, and a new friendship is born. The illustrations fit the tale wonderfully. This is a perfect book for any child's library.

Thank you, NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group – Frances Lincoln Children's Books for the opportunity to read an advance reading copy.

Well I've just found the book I will use in February with my library lessons! Love Grows Everywhere by Barry Timms is just what we need to read to start 2022!

"Love grows any place. It doesn't need a fancy space. No matter if the walls are bare, love only needs our thought and care."

The illustrations are beautiful and I'm certain my students will love this one!

Thank you to NetGalley for this eARC in exchange for my honest review and opinion. All opinions are my own.

The meter wasn't always completely pleasing to read, but overall I liked the rhyming. I also very much loved the art -- the style and the way it was used -- and the theme was good as well.

Diversity: a lot of race diversity, male/male couple,

Love grows everywhere, so long as you put it out into the world!
This book was beautifully illustrated and the message behind it is simple and lovely.
I’ll be adding this to the baby shower library list for all my new mommas going forward.
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

What a cute story about love that really does grow everywhere. I especially loved the rhyming, give me a story with a good rhyme and I'll love and cherish it. The illustrations fit the story well, and I enjoyed this little book a lot. I recommend it!

This is a beautiful and a charming book . We need so many of these books for children , to completely overcome the princess stories prevalent. The illustrations need special mention, they are not just amazing but are one of the highlights of the book, the rhyme and the lesson brought a smile to our face. We are going to read this so many more times.

This is a sweat and heartwarming story about love and kindness for children. I liked the way it flowed and taught us to be kind and helpful to our neighbors, friends and family who need us. I enjoyed the illustrations and the message of the story,

Thanks to NetGalley andQuarto Publishing for access to this ARC.

"...love will make a brighter world"
In this LOVEly simple book, growing plant and love resemble each other in good times and bad, new acquaintances and old. Barry Timms has found just the right tempo and Tisha Lee has made the interesting and colorful illustrations to make this book for all ages and for ESL, too. Loved it! Perfect for gifting, home, and local library.
I requested and received a free temporary ebook copy from Quarto Publishing Group – Frances Lincoln Children's Books via NetGalley. Thank you!

Aw, so lovely! You guessed right, my heart is melting a little bit <3

The illustrations were so beautiful, the verses in rhyme so original and sweet and it would absolutely both charm a child and lift the spirits of an adult on a cloudy day.
And what I loved the most about it is its diversity in all the possible meanings of the word: different shades and kinds of love, different ages, different ethnicities, interracial couples, perhaps even some lgbt couples...

It was lovely and beautiful, each page was, and I would recommend it to anyone!

Thanks to NetGalley, for giving me access to the eARC.
Let it be known that this review and my thoughts are my own and were in no way biased.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a beautiful book. I loved the message of the book and the pictures are wonderful.

This is a lovely lyrical picture book with rich detailed illustrations that invite the reader right into the story. The book links the nurturing heart of a plant lover with the love that sustains our relationships.

Love is found to blossom everywhere all around the world: in rural areas, crowded cities, remote desert villages and homes located high in the mountains. It is a powerful, positive force that binds people together and transcends race, language and locations.

The rhyming text and wonderful detailed illustrations allow the reader to experience the love of a family who grows and sells all types of plants in their local market. As the family journeys along they discover and explore various types of love found in their diverse community.

One little child who is new to the community is apprehensive and the gardener's daughter extends to him a gift that will cheer him up and confirm that he is indeed welcome and loved. Themes of kindness, acceptance, charity and love are highlighted in "Love Grows Everywhere".

This is a perfect heartwarming book to share around Valentine's Day. It is a delightful celebration of love and an awakening to the fact that love truly does grow and flourish everywhere!

I absolutely adored this book! The message is so heartwarming, the illustrations are beautiful and full of diversity, and I loved the parallel between love and plants. Our love is diverse…it grows, needs tender care, and it can transform into something beyond wonderful. ❤️
Thank you @netgalley for the ARC e-reader edition! I can’t wait to add this to my classroom library!

Simple illustrations, a rhythmic, lyrical text, and a concept that is simple, but complicated. The author and illustrator work together to create an understanding of love that goes beyond romantic or friendship. The text and pictures show the reader that love comes in so many different ways and is expressed in even more. The illustrations are very diverse and allows any reader to see themselves in the pages.

A must have for library collections, I imagine this will become a much beloved read aloud.

Beautifully simplistic illustrations accompany this heartwarming picture book about love, friendship, caring, and giving. An important reminder to children and adults alike. Perfect for read alouds.

This is a beautifully illustrated book about love in all forms. It gives kids examples of the different ways it can be shown and nurtured. It's perfect for Valentine's Day.

What a great book, with really nice illustrations, giving you lots and lots to look at, however, it's the message that truly appeals to me. It teaches children about love and kindness, and that there are so many simple and easy ways to show someone how much you care. A gentle hug, a helping hand, a kind word, or maybe just a funny joke to name a few. The author also uses the artwork of the plants and flowers to demonstrate the different approaches you can take in showing that there's more than one kind of love to give. I'm giving the Love That Grows Everywhere a 4-star review.

Thank you to Netgalley and Quarto Publishing Group – Frances Lincoln Children's Book for this Arc.
The review and opinions are solely my own.

This colorful illustrated book has a fantastic message for both children and adults: love is everywhere and love can be cultivated even when it seems lost. I would recommend this to all parents and K-4 teachers. I thoroughly enjoyed the rhyme sequence and the tranquil colors and illustrations that went along with it. It's a timeless piece that every family can enjoy.

Love Grows Everywhere
by Barry Timms and Tisha Lee

I received an e-arc of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was a very moving book. I read this picture book with my five year old. The intricate pictures drew us in to each page to notice every little detail. The rhyming and rhythm of the words both enthrall children and promote developmental early reading and language skills. The message that no matter how different we all are and how different our homes and experiences; we all need and thrive on love. There are many kinds of love and love can be shown in many ways. I very much appreciated that in a child appropriate way the book acknowledges that sometimes things are not always the way we would like but with love we can make it through. I plan to order this one to share with the children I volunteer with in foster care. This is the perfect message for them and for many. 5/5

Love Grows Everywhere is a gorgeous picture book telling the power of love. It shows an array of environments, people, and situations in which love can thrive. It would be a worthy addition to any contemporary picture book collection.

A sweet book about growing and nurturing love just as you would plants. This book is diverse and inclusive.

A beautiful book about love in all of its iterations. Teaches children that love is always accessible around us and within us. It grows like a plant in those who are willing to be patient. The prose in this book is wonderfully lyrical and the illustrations are heartwarming. I may have teared up while reading.

Love Grows Everywhere is a sweet children's book with a beautiful message and illustrations. My daughter loved the story and the pictures. It would make a special gift for a little one. The publisher made a copy of this book available for review via Netgalley. This is my honest opinion.

This book meets SO many key points that I assess kid lit with - a stunning cover, diverse representation, beautiful illustrations, fun and imaginative writing, and of course a little magic, Perfect gift for the little Valentine in your life. This would be a great addition to an elementary classroom or library.