The Guilty Couple

Pub Date 23 Jun 2022 | Archive Date 26 Jun 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheGuiltyCouple #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The Sunday Times and million copy bestseller returns with her most pulse-pounding, page-turning book yet.

Pre-order C.L Taylor’s next hit thriller now – the only book that will keep you glued to your sunlounger in Summer 2022!

And bring down her husband – the man who framed her.

Pre-order C.L Taylor’s next hit thriller now – the...

EDITION Ebook
PRICE £5.99 (GBP)

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

A new book from CL Taylor is always a ‘drop everything must read ASAP’.

The Guilty Couple is the story of Olivia, middle class wife and mum, sentenced for conspiracy to murder her husband, Dom. On her release from prison she is determined to prove her innocence and rebuild a life with her daughter.

Told from the perspectives of Olivia, Dom and Dani (a cop involved with Olivia's prosecution) this is a unique and highly unpredictable character driven thriller.

The balance of plot and finely developed characters is perfect, as Olivia comes to terms with her new life as an ex-con and realises the uphill struggle ahead.

Plot and character build together throughout the book, there are lots of moments of nerve shredding, stomach clenching tension.

Definitely compelling and compulsive reading with mini-twists, reveals and cliffhangers throughout.

A hugely entertaining, tense and twisting read throughout.

Definitely recommended for CL Taylor fans and anyone looking for a fast, involving, intricately plotted thriller.

Thanks to Netgalley and Avon Books UK

This book was sent to me by Netgalley for review electronically. Mystery and intrigue...love and marriage...affairs...children...family...murder...these themes run throughout this novel by a gifted and talented author. From the beginning, the book caught my interest...I wanted to see what would happen next. Was she guilty? Was he? Who did it? Who conspired? Who was innocent? Would she get out of prison? Would she get to know her daughter again? Questions that are readily answered as this is a quick read. I look forward to read other books by this talented author. Curl up under a warm blanket with a steaming cup of coffee...enjoy this book...despite the red herrings, the ending is almost a foregone conclusion...

#TheGuiltyCouple #NetGalley
Pulse Pounding.
Five years ago, Olivia Sutherland was convicted of plotting to murder her husband. Now she's finally free, Olivia has three goals. Repair her relationship with her teenage daughter. Clear her name. And bring down her husband – the man who framed her. Just how far is she willing to go to get what she wants? And how far will her husband go to stop her? Because his lies run deeper than Olivia could ever have imagined – and this time it’s not her freedom that’s in jeopardy, but her life…
I loved it.
Thanks to NetGalley and Avon for giving me an advance copy.

I could not put this book down and I devoured it in a couple of hours. It was well written with an engaging and compelling storyline and well developed characters,
This book had me on the edge fo my seat, it was gripping and unpreductable with twists that had me questioning everything and guessing nothing. I loved it.

This is the most well-written and engaging book I've read in awhile.
The Guilty Couple kept me captive from the first page until the end.
I love how the suspense slowly builds and I would never have guessed the ending.
Lots of suspense, great characters that you can get invested in and a really psychologically twisted ending.
C.L. Taylor's writes with tension and revealing shocking facts which keep you desperately fixed to the page. This book is the perfect thriller.
So intriguing and super fast paced straight from the beginning. C.L. knows how to weave a great story and she's done it again in what is hands down her best work yet!
Highly recommend for fans of psychological thrillers.

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

Avon Books UK,
Thank You for your generosity and gifting me a copy of this amazing eARC!
I will post my review to my platforms, blog, B&N and Waterstone closer to pub date.

I was given this book by NetGalley for an honest review - - - What a book! A pageturner!!!
Olivia's husband framed her for murder. Five years in Jail for a crime she didn't commit - Five years she lost being with her daughter!
Now she's out and is looking to clear her name. How tough will this be? Will it cost her life? What secrets is he hiding?

Wow!

The Guilty Couple is a very tense and gripping read! Highly recommended to anyone who loves a book they will not be able to put down

Olivia has just been released from prison after serving 5 years for plotting to murder her husband. She’s been protesting that she was framed but no-one believes her. All she wants now is to be re-united with her young daughter and try to prove her innocence. But there are darker forces at work than she is aware of and she is left wondering just who she can trust.

A good tension filled story which keeps your attention until the end.

Another wonderful book by C.L Taylor, definitely one of my favourite authors and again I have not been let down. As soon as I see a book from her I automatically purchase it.

Olivia has spent the last five years in goal convicted of plotting to murder her husband Dominique, this also means she has spent five years away from her beautiful daughter Grace who she loves so much. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down. This story has it all, a great plot with twists that keep you engaged throughout. A brilliant set of characters that intensified the drama and kept me on the edge of my seat. This is another book that I read late into the night until finished it, a perfect story of revenged exceptionally well executed.

If you have not read any of this authors books you really should pick up one, I can guarantee you will not be disappointed. Reading is all about escapism to me, and this wonderful book took me away from the real world for a few hours which I think we can all do with due to our very busy lives. Thank you to Netgally and the publisher for providing me with a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. Five stars!

Fantastic read by this fab author. I'm a fan of all Taylor's books, although didn't love her last one as much as the others. This one has bought her game right back up. Tense, pacey, twisty. Was really rooting for Liv, and desperate to find out the truth. I read it in less than 24 hours.

Thank you for my copy of this book to review.

I was hooked from the first chapter. It was well written, fast paced and always left me wanting to read just a bit more…hence I finished it in 2 days!

A highly recommended domestic thriller.

Olivia has been in prison for 6 years for plotting with her lover to have her husband killed, something which she has always denied. When she leaves prison she wants to build a relationship with her now 12 year old daughter and find out why she was framed for something she did not do. Olivia believes her husband Dom set her up along with there then friend Dani who is a police officer. Olivia and her friends embark on the difficult task of trying out maneuver both Olivia's husband and Dani to find out the truth.
This is a great gritty thriller, it is fast-paced i absolutely raced through it. A good twist at the end as well. Loved it

This is the best book I have read in a long time. I love all this authors books and this one definitely did not disappoint. I read it all in one sitting, I could not put it down. Highly recommended. Five stars.

Many thanks to netgalley and C.L. Taylor for the advanced copy of this book. I agreed to give my unbiased opinion voluntarily.

I enjoyed this - a very quick , gripping read. I think it will do well over the summer as it's the perfect beach read.

I thought the characters were very strong and even the unlikeable ones were interesting to read. I particularly enjoyed the addition of the Smithy storyline. While we're on Olivia's side, I thought the author did a great job of the different POV's. I also thought it worked well that that the reader knows more than the characters - until the twist! Overall, a solid, engrossing thriller.

Olivia Sutherland is convicted of plotting to murder her husband after being framed by him. She spends five years in jail, and on her release is determined to repair her relationship with her daughter, as well as clear her name. Can she bring down her husband, or could she be in danger?

I loved this book - the plot was thrilling and exciting, the twists and turns shocking, and the ending brilliant. I liked the different characters and how chapters went between them. Very much recommended!

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an advance copy of the book in return for my honest feedback.

I am a huge fan of C L Taylor's books but this is my new favorite. Wow, what a rollercoaster of a read! I was gripped from the very first page and I couldn't put it down. My heart was in my throat throughout the entire book. A definite must read!

Wow, I loved this! Such an unusual, original psychological thriller. The intricate plot is amazing, slowly unravelling with non stop drama, which had me captivated. Just who are the guilty couple? Will definitely be reading more from this author. Highly recommended.

“The choice we make can be small and insignificant - a prawn mayo sandwich for lunch or a tray of sushi rolls? - or they can be so big, so monumental they can change the course of our lives forever.”

This was sooooo good! It’s one of those stories you can’t put down and when you have to, you can’t stop thinking about it.

I was hooked from page 1 and loved every single second of this read.

I am a huge fan of Cally’s work!

If you enjoy reading thrillers, she is the author to check out

Many thanks to NetGalley, Avon Books UK and C. L. Taylor for my ARC of The Guilty Couple in return for an honest review.

I always look out for books by this author as I have found they never disappoint and neither did this one. Cleverly written with realistic characters I was soon enthralled.

Olivia is being released from prison after serving five years for plotting to murder her husband. She has always protested her innocence and the only person who believed her was the woman she shared a prison cell with.

She wants to get her revenge on her husband, build her relationship with her daughter and prove her innocence.

Numerous twists and turns throughout with a clever ending.

Highly recommended.

I highly rate British author CL Taylor after discovering her work in an earlier psychological thriller Sleep. And happily, The Guilty Couple did not disappoint. It’s an engaging page-turner with characters to empathise with and to enjoy liking and hating, written with stylish confidence. It’s told in multiple points of view but centres around Olivia Sutherland who was wrongfully convicted of plotting her husband Dom’s murder five years ago. Now free, she is focused on reconnecting with her daughter, clearing her name and bringing down her husband for framing her. Of course, Dom wants none of that with a high-stakes endgame of his own. Just how far will Olivia go to achieve her aims, and what will she discover along the way? And what is Dom prepared to do to stop her and get what he wants? There isn’t much time left and Olivia recruits old friends to help, leading to an adrenaline-pumping finish. The twist right at the end could’ve been omitted, but overall, The Guilty Couple served up just what I wanted. 4.5 stars for this one.

I am a big fan of CL Taylor’s books and this one did not disappoint! Olivia spent 5 years in prison for a crime she didn’t commit, 5 years away from a daughter she loves. Determined to prove that her ex husband and his lover framed her she sets out to find the proof. I never would have guessed the truth to this story and it kept me on my toes I could not put it down until I finished it. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an ARC in exchange for an honest review

A very gripping read, full of suspense. Was a very quick read for me and I couldn't put it down. C l Taylor is a great author
Would recommend this to anyone who wants a read full of suspense
5*****

This book was fantastic! I was hooked from the first page which is always a good sign!

The Guilty Couple by C.L. Taylor is about a woman who was sent to jail after being set up by her husband. When she gets out, she is determined to prove her innocence.

Twists and turns and unreliable characters...excellent suspense!

This one comes out in June BUT this author has several other books that are all super suspenseful that you can read now.

What are you reading right now?

The Guilty Couple
C.L Taylor
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This book kept me interested from the beginning wanting to know how a person gets framed for murder. The things this woman has to go through to prove her innocence is crazy. If you’re looking for a good quick read… I would suggest this book! Finished in one sitting.

A huge shout out to Netgalley and the publisher in thanks for granting me an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

This book was so exciting and full of unpredictable twists and turns. It was full of suspense and had me on the edge of my seat in anticipation of what would happen next. Olivia was an amazing character and I was with her every step of the way as she sought to find out why her husband, Dominic, had set her up. The writing was superb and the plot fully developed. The ending was spellbinding.
Holy cow! The book would make an incredible movie or television series
Highly recommended

Fun and quick read!
Olivia Sutherland was convicted of planning to murder her husband. Now she is fresh out of jail and hoping to pin down who was behind her incarceration. She believes it was her husband, and as she unravels the lies she learns his dishonesty runs much much deeper. The lies are so deep they might get her killed!
This is a fast moving story with some great twists and turns. I fully enjoyed it although some parts required you to suspend your belief. If you like interesting characters, believe in vengeance, or just want a fast moving twisty plot, #TheGuiltyCouple is for you! #netgalley #AvonBooks

One thing you can always count on with this author is an exciting read full of twists and turns and plenty of thrills along the way. Yet again author Cally Taylor comes up with a winner, sure to please her readers.

Olivia Sutherland is free, release from prison after being wrongly convicted of planning to murder. Now five years later she is out and desperate to repair her relationship with her daughter, clear her name, and bring down her husband, the man who framed her.

These goals are not going to be easy to achieve, just how far will Olivia or husband go to determine whether she is successful or not.

Fast paced thrills make this an exciting read from start to finish.

I would like to thank both Netgalley and Avon Books for supplying a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

Framed for trying to murder her husband, Olivia is released from prison desperate to prove her innocence and reclaim her life and relationship with her daughter.

Book finished in less than 12 hours, bags under my eyes, and knackered the next day but so worth it. A fast paced story which will keep you guessing.

I really like this author and have read lots of her books before and this new one did not disappoint! Gifted by netgalley but all views my own.

4 stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

C L Taylor is one of my favourite authors, and I'm always keen to pick up her next book. This one was great - a really page turner full of twists and turns. Great mix of characters, some much more likeable than others, and some untrustworthy...5 * from me and another great one to recommend for my customers

An outstanding read - CL Taylor is on top form.

What a masterpiece of a psychological thriller. CL Taylor should be very proud of herself, delivering a storyline that is as punchy as it is twisty. This book literally kept me guessing right up to the end, and even then it was a complete shock!

Written from the point of view of Olivia, Dominic and Dani. We have these three immensely complicated characters that all have their own motives, plans and goals. I can imagine CL Taylor must’ve had one of those crime scene walls in her office just to keep track of how they are all connected and the many branches that each twist creates. I’ve tried to give a short synopsis to people enquiring about the plot and it’s impossible as it’s so complex!

I’ve read all of CL Taylor’s back catalogue and this is definitely one of my favourites. This style of writing suits her mind and creativity. Unlike SLEEP or STRANGERS the concept of this book follows a similar pathway to THE LIE and THE FEAR whereby a crime may or may not have been committed and their are liars and people wanting justice, THAT is where CL Taylor’s mind really starts to shine. She has this incredible ability to design characters that are rich in personality and make them interact with the other ‘players’ in ways that are realistic and thrilling to read.

The element of risk runs strong through this book - everybody has something to loose. It’s just a question of how far are they willing to take it to get what they want?

Superb narrative and a swift, clean ending. I wouldn’t be suprised if this book becomes this Summer’s must-read.

Thank you to NetGalley for my advance copy in exchange for my honest review.

#TheGuiltyCouple #NetGalley When I see a new Cally Taylor book to read I know I'm in for a treat and wow was this one a cracker! The best to date by this author for sure. Drama and intrigue from the very first page with lots of tense action and twists and turns right until the very last chapter. This was a book that I could not put down and I carried on late into the night to finish it in one day!! It's hard to imagine how this book can be topped but I look forward to the next book from this author with much excitement! If I could give 6 stars here, I definitely would!!

Firstly, I am thankful for the opportunity to have received a free advanced copy of this Ebook through Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.

Your husband has framed you for his attempted murder, you are now spending 5 years in prison, on release your intentions are to clear your name and reconnect with your daughter. Can Olivia achieve that or will she be in great danger, who can she trust?

This was my first book by this author and I really enjoyed it. The plot was exciting with many twists and turns and my interest was kept throughout.

I rate this Ebook 5 Stars and would recommend to those who enjoy their suspenseful thrillers.

#TheGuiltyCouple #NetGalley

A solid 5 stars. A brilliant read with a ending that will leave u breathless. I loved it . I no will highly recommend this to my fellow reading friends .

This is a great suspense/action /mystery book. Could not put it down once I started reading.
Olivia and her husband, Dom, have been having a rough patch in their marriage and both having affairs. But, when she asks for a divorce, things go from bad to horrible. Her husband has set her and her lover up as having plotted to kill him, and she is sentenced to ten years in jail, while her boyfriend flees the country. When she is released after serving five years, Liv is determined to prove her innocence and rebuild a relationship with her daughter. However, the more she uncovers, the more questions she has. Things are far more complicated that she first believed, and trusting the wrong people may cause her to lose her daughter forever.
The story starts with a plot similar to the movie, Double Jeopardy, but quickly spins off in its own direction. There are some great twists and turns, some good action, and lots of lies. Uncovering the truth may be deadly.
Highly recommend.
I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I wouldn’t recommend drinking too much coffee before reading this novel because from page one, it’s anxiety-inducing and fraught with tension. The pacing is relentless—in a good way.

Five years ago, Olivia Sutherland was put in prison for a crime she didn’t commit. Now that she’s out, she wants to repair her relationship with her now-12-year-old daughter and find out who framed her. She has her suspicions that it’s her ex-husband, so she calls on her old friends and her newer friends she found while incarcerated to get to the truth and put her life together again.

This is a lot of fun and a super-fast read. Thanks to NetGalley for the opportunity to read this novel, which RELEASES JUNE 29, 2022.

4.5/5

Oliva was sent to prison for a crime her husband framed her for. Finally she's getting out, having missed 5 years of not just her own life, but her daughter's. Will she be satisfied with trudging through life being treated like an ex-con and trying to rebuild a relationship with her sullen teenage child? Or will she risk everything to prove her innocence... and get revenge on the ones who ruined her life?

I really enjoyed Her Last Holiday by this author, so despite having a spate of disappointing "thrillers" lately, I requested this as soon as I recognised the author's name, hoping to finally be reminded of what can be great about this genre.

Happily, C L Taylor really came through for me here and did just that. This is a story that moves at a solid and engaging pace with lots of agendas, twists and turns to keep you on your toes. It has multiple perspectives and lots of morally grey characters. The writing is straightforward and easy reading, with short snappy chapters.

This is a stellar example of what I love about thrillers. It doesn't try to be flowery. The characters, while well defined, exist to drive the plot rather than the other way around, and every sentence is there to move plot forward. This is exactly the edge of the seat escapism I pick up a thriller for.

I'm not sure I totally loved the very very end, but having said that, it definitely did fit the book much better than a smaltzy HEA would have.

If you enjoy an easy, cracking suspense read with a steaming side of revenge, you can't go far wrong with this one. I'll be looking up this author's back catalogue!

Spectacular story. I was so shocked and happily entertained by this book. This is such a talented author. Thank you NetGalley, publisher and author - for allowing me to enjoy this book in exchange for my review.

Olivia has served time for plotting to kill her husband Dom, claim the insurance money and then run away with her lover, Jack. Despite her conviction, Liv has always maintained her innocence, claiming to have been set up by Dom. She has spent her time in prison plotting and planning her revenge, with Smithy, her cell mate, more than willing to help Liv accomplish Dom’s downfall.

From the off this was a cracker of a read, totally absorbing. Full of tension, suspense and intrigue, the revelations kept coming. Along with a few red herrings which made the story a joy to read.

A fantastic candidate for a tv series, it is so good.

Would highly recommend.

Thank you NetGalley.

Another great read from CL Taylor that I raced through. Olivia’s husband framed her and she is out of prison after five years. Keen to clear her name which is a tough call is the theme of the book. There are plenty of twists and turns. It is a great thriller. Thanks to NetGalley for ARC.

Thank you so much for the chance to review this book which I thoroughly enjoyed. I found the character of Olivia very sympathetic and was rooting for her from the start. It’s quite rare for a thriller to both maintain the pace and atmosphere that keeps the reader unable to put the book down and still create characters that feel real and that evoke a strong emotional response.
CL Taylor has done it again and I really recommend this book to lovers of this genre.

2019 Oliva Sutherland leaves prison after five years after wrongly convicted of plotting to kill her husband. All she wants to do now is clear her name and reconnect with her daughter who was seven went she went down and now a 12-year-old girl. She hasn.t seen her daughter for years as her grandparents have kept her away.
When she was convicted her lover disappeared to be never seen again. She also wants to take down her ex-husband and find the evidence that he framed her. So, they can put him away. That is not going to be an easy task as there is a restraining order against and she is not allowed near her old family home.
Have far will she go to clear her name? So far it may cost her life?
Cally Taylor has done it again with The Guilty couple. I reckon this is her best book yet. This is an intense twisty, thriller, lots of action that I couldn’t put down. This time she has written a slightly different writing style but I liked it even more. 5 stars from me

This author never disappoints I loved this thriller of a mother trying to get her life and her daughter back after being in prison for a crime she did not commit. As she faces a race against time to get her daughter back and find out who framed her before she looses everything this book has more twists and turns that a motorway. Loved it!! Please make this into a Netflix series.

5 years ago, Olivia Sutherland was framed for plotting to kill her husband. Now she is out of prison, Olivia is determined to take revenge. The more she looks into her husband, Dominic and the joint friend, Dani, the bigger the web of deception.
I found I couldn’t put this book down. As the story develops, it’s became harder to put down. Really enjoyed the plot, with great twists. Another masterpiece by CL Taylor.

Well that was tense. Action packed with plenty of twists will keep you turning the pages. A fast entertains read full of betrayal and one woman’s quest to uncover the truth.