How to Eat More Plants

Transform Your Health with 30 Plant-Based Foods per Week (and Why It’s Easier Than You Think)

Pub Date 16 Aug 2022 | Archive Date 30 Aug 2022

Talking about this book? Use #HowtoEatMorePlants #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

This file is NOT currently available for Kindle. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have difficulties with downloading, please email us (at publicity@theexperimentpublishing.com) for assistance or leave a note in lieu of a review rating.

A fact-based guide to plant-based eating, explaining why a diverse diet is the key to better health—with 80 plant-packed recipes from the award-winning gut health doctor and author of Love Your Gut

The secret to a healthy gut (and a healthier body and mind) is all in the microbes: the trillions of microorganisms that live in our digestive tract. These microbes thrive on fiber—as many different types as they can get.

That’s why Dr. Megan Rossi developed the Diversity Diet, a simple yet revolutionary way of eating that anyone can adopt to enjoy huge health benefits—increased energy, improved mood, and reduced risk of illness, to name a few. It’s all about eating a wider variety of plant foods—at least 30 different plants per week.

Each plant counts as one point, and How to Eat More Plants shows readers exactly how to get their “Plant Points” with delicious fruits, veggies, grains, nuts, herbs, and more. A 28-day challenge, tailored meal plans, and over 80 mouthwatering recipes set readers on the path toward better health!

ISBN 9781615198788

This is a must-have resource to help one improve their health and live a more full and happy life. It is full of great strategies, advice, and easy to implement ideas. This is one I'll return to again and again. Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy of the book.

This book is an outstanding resource for those seeking to eat more plant-based foods. I'm amazed by the creative yet realistic strategies outlined in the book. Beyond meal plans and recipes, which include prep time/cook time -- essential information, in my opinion -- Rossi suggests snacks, pantry staples, and recipe adaptations/additions that help anyone achieve the simple goal of eating more plants, in whatever capacity is available to them. The first chapters are a bit longer than necessary, but Rossi invites readers to skip them no convincing of the benefits of plant-based diets is needed. I'll be buying a personal copy of this book, as well as copies to give as gifts.

This is the exact type of book I've been looking for. Not necessarily for the info, but for the nutritionally rich recipes that make it easier to add plants to every day life. And ones that aren't bombarded with tofu and other types of ingredients. I love the meal plan and prep ideas, the book layout, and the photos. This is definitely a book I'll want on my keeper shelf to help me add more plant-based snacks and meals to my meal plans.

LOVED this book. My only complaint is that I didn't have the physical copy yet, so I could bookmark and flag all of my favorite anecdotes, tips, etc. This was a very straightforward and well-rounded approach to implementing a more plant based lifestyle into your diet. Very helpful and informative.

This book convincingly lives up to its title as a how-to book. It explains with clarity how to evaluate a "plant-based diet" (as there are many and they are not all created equal.) The eating "challenges" encourage readers to see making an eating shift as a doable "game" they can win rather than a distasteful necessity. The anecdotes of people who tried this author's method of plant-based eating add to the "invitational" quality of the text; readers are encouraged at every turn to pick one of the many recipes, just give it a try, and see where it can take you.

There is so much valuable, user friendly information in this book. The author has made it easy to improve my diet with manageable steps. I will have to buy this book to use a resource in my day to day culinary adventure.

This book is absolutely wonderful. Full disclosure, I've been vegan for about three years now, but even then, I learned quite a few things from this book. The first half of the book is all about vegan concepts and setting the reader up for success in eating more plants, and then the second half of the book is tons of tasty recipes. I love the idea of expanding the kinds of plants you're eating rather than focusing on the types of food being removed from your diet. I will absolutely return to this book for reference as well as recipe ideas as I continue to find what works for me best on my plant based diet.

Author Megan Rossi offers a delightful book on eating a diverse diet that is evidence-based and offers many health benefits. The book has colorful graphics and wonderful pictures of recipes provided. "How to Eat More Plants" may be a bit gimmicky with the 28-day plant point challenge but this may just be the motivation factor to get some people to incorporate more whole grained, vegetables, legumes, fruits, nut and seeds, and herbs and spices into their daily diet. Rossi includes a Diversity Diet toolkit, wheel of diversity, a plant-based shopping list, mindful eating exercise, nutritious recipes with attached plant points and so much more. This book would assist the novice as well the experienced person on increasing diversity in the diet.

How to Eat More Plants is a comprehensive explanation for why and how to add more plant based foods into your diet. The prevalence of factory manufactured food is becoming almost too much, and the ease of processed foods has moved people away from plant based sources of nutrition. This is causing an increase in preventable diseases and leading more people to seek out better ways to fuel their bodies. Eating plants is essential for good health and overall wellness. This book clearly lays out easy to adapt ways to include more plants and make a switch to a more whole food plant based diet.

I really enjoyed the background on eating more plants, and the focus is on diversity. The plans for different types of people (families, busy, and food sensitive) were really helpful and the system described by Rossi is definitely something I have started implementing in my own life!

I received an arc of this title from NetGalley for an honest review. This is a must-read book if you are looking for easy recipes that will help you eat more plants. Excellent, easy-to-make recipes.

I LOVE THIS BOOK!! I am going to need a print version so I can write in the margins, tag favorite pages and good ideas, etc. I love the thinking behind the book and it is done is such a visually appealing way! Nice work, Megan Rossi! You have a best seller on your hands!!!

Nicely laid out book with tons of good information and nice illustrations. I already knew a good bit, but also learned more from this book. Looks like I'll be buying a copy of this one when it is published.