The Soul Support Book, 2nd Edition

Get Unstuck, Expand Your Awareness, Lift Your Spirits, and Be Here Now

Pub Date 08 Nov 2022 | Archive Date 07 Nov 2022
Storey Publishing, Storey Publishing, LLC

Talking about this book? Use #TheSoulSupportBook2ndEdition #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

With playful, witty cartoon art, The Soul Support Book offers wise and reassuring observations on getting unstuck, gaining new perspectives, and opening to love, creativity, and joyfulness in everyday life. Author and artist Deb Koffman first created these colorful cartoons as reminders to herself, with clever visual interpretations of common sayings like: Explore Options; Make Room for What you Need; Consider Another Point of View; Notice What is Happening Now; and Anything is Possible Here. Her delightfully uplifting mini-meditations have found a broad audience, appealing to anyone seeking a little bit of encouragement for approaching life’s challenges with insight, open-heartedness, and a healthy dose of laughter.

Send to Kindle (PDF)

In The Soul Support Book (2nd edition):Get Unstuck, Expand Your Awareness, Lift Your Spirits, and Be Here Now by Deb Koffman we are reminded to practice unconditional self-care and reflection as a means for survival. Deb, someone who struggled with depression herself, had a gift of creating art as a message of hope. 👑

The Soul Support Book provides powerful visual storytelling via colorful illustrations that provide nonverbal commentary on how to practice radical self-acceptance, consider new perspectives, cope with difficulty and obstacle, and hold tightly to joy.

I love that the book is all photos and no words - allowing the reader to interpret what they need. A beautiful resource and way to remember the impactful work of Deb Koffman!

I was surprised to learn that this lovely book is a reprint from twenty years ago! Although not aimed at children as it's main audience, I think this would be such a wonderful book for schools to have a copy of so that children can just pick it up and flick through the delightfully colourful, clever, witty and poignant pictures. If one illustration stands out to them and impresses upon them, it will be worth it for the rest of their life. As someone who has worked in mental health since 2012 and now works privately as a psychotherapist (working hard before that to overcome my own mental health issues), this book is truly wonderful. Mental health can become very serious very fast which can loose some people, especially if they are intimidated or not so open to the idea of mental health. This book is engaging for all levels of reader and there is something for everyone here, I really believe that.
What a delight this was to read - thank you.
I will be drafting a social post to review this book too.

I have been a big fan of this author for many years and have used her books and decks in my SoulCollage workshops. I wasn’t aware of her death until very recently, and was sad to hear of it.

As usual, I enjoyed her uplifting, comforting, bright images and snippets of wisdom that are sprinkled throughout this lovely book.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and publisher for an advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

The Soul Support Book, 2nd edition - By Deb Koffman

If the title and the book cover did not grab you then perhaps the description would, like it did me.

The soul support book uses cartoon illustrations, playful colors and witty one liners to portray some new perspectives on life's everyday situations and finding joy in anything.

As someone who struggles with anxiety (especially the overthinking part) for years, I am often drawn to any tool that may help 'tweak' the way I look at life or simply, my day.

My first thought not even 20% in was what a wonderful gift this book would actually make for someone, anyone, of any age. Whether they are struggling with mental health or not.

It's a short read that packs a punch, Deb Koffman's colorful illustrations, simple yet relevant points makes you keep turning the page and smiling. It literally made me smile, it's just that wholesome.

The author highlights the differences between suffering and well being and how people can look at the exact same thing and perceive it differently. How no point of view is right but how it may be best for your soul sometimes to slightly adjust yours ❤️

A few of my fav takeaways from the book:
* Colour your world with all that nourishes your soul
* Changing context, changes experience
* Acknowledge your gifts

I give this slice of life
⭐⭐⭐⭐

Publish Date is 08 November 2022

Thank you Netgalley for a copy of this ARC in exchange for a honest review

#thesoulsupportbook2ndedition #netgalley