The Animal Adventurer's Guide

How to Prowl for an Owl, Make Snail Slime, and Catch a Frog Bare-Handed50 Activi ties to Get Wild with Animals

Pub Date 13 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 13 Sep 2022

Talking about this book? Use #AnimalAdventurersGuide #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Calling all animal lovers! 50 hands-on activities and adventures that bring you closer to wild animals than you’ve ever been.

Have you ever followed animal tracks in the mud or chased after the glowing trail of a firefly in the night sky? Want to know how to hold a snake, feed a bird from your hat, and help salamanders cross the road? If so, you’re not just an animal lover—you’re an animal adventurer, and this is the book for you. It’s packed full of hands-on activities and projects that bring you closer to wild animals than ever before—from feathery birds and furry mammals to slippery herps, crawly arthropods, and other intriguing invertebrates. You’ll get insider tips about tools and techniques of the trade, become a citizen scientist, and then record handy field notes about all your amazing animal discoveries.

Look inside to learn how to:
  • Track wild animals any time of year
  • Use a flashlight for night vision to spy on nocturnal animals
  • Start your very own animal scat collection and impress your friends
  • Build a wildlife blind and become invisible to animals around you
  • Collect things like snakeskins, fossils, and feathers
  • Keep a wild guide to your own backyard
  • And so much more!

Have you ever followed animal tracks in the mud or chased after the...

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Loved the idea behind & the content of this book - can't wait to build my toilet-roll binoculars and take the kids out on the hunt. Excellent!

Such clever drawings and fun activities for kiddos! The layout is lovely - chapters dedicated to different types of animals and full of adventures for the little explorers to go on. I particularly liked the scavenger hunt options at the end of each chapter, but all of the activities provided are detailed and contain in depth instructions plus lists of the supplies needed. A great way to encourage kids to get outside and look at the wild world all around them.

The contents are birds, mammals, herps, arthropods, and other invertebrates. You get tips to how to explore the wild life that is all around you, e.g the birds or the little snail on the ground. You also get to learn how to spy on animals, be creative with journals, and other stuff like camouflaging.

I’ve always been quite fond of birds, and always when we go to places where birds are I have to take a look. They are such fascinating creatures. A few days ago we went to the city, me and my mom, and we found where the birds use to sleep. The birds were all sleeping peacefully; they were so many! It was like my inner child screamed out “Look!!” and it made me so happy.

I really liked the message that you should tune out the world and look at the wildlife that is all around us, wether we live out on the country side or in the city, we share our space with wild animals. It’s amazing!

The artwork was both fun and pretty, which made the text better to read. A lot of interesting stuff packed in this book. A book to look forward to read! I recommend it!

Happy reading♥️