Christmas Changes Everything

How the Birth of Jesus Brings Hope to the World

Pub Date 04 Oct 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #ChristmasChangesEverything #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Beloved author and God Hears Her podcast cohost Elisa Morgan takes a closer look at the characters of the Christmas story—from Zechariah and Mary to the Magi and King Herod—to reveal how the birth of Jesus changed them, and how it can change us too. Discover how their stories point to the transformation we can experience as we learn to say yes to God with confident hope and true joy. Christmas changes everything—including you!

A Note From the Publisher

No Kindle file available at this time.

No Kindle file available at this time.

Advance Praise

Elisa Morgan is so refreshingly real that you immediately feel like you’ve found a friend who “gets'' you. This is more than just a nice Christmas book. It moves past icing and sugarplums to get to the realities of why we need a Savior, and why His love is the best thing that could ever happen to us. Christmas Changes Everything  puts forward the true heart of Christmas (and the personalities behind it) in a beautiful, biblical way. I will be reading it for Christmases to come, and giving it again and again. —James Banks, author of Prayers for Prodigals

Elisa Morgan wraps her unique bundle of insights into this gift to us. She offers her rich blend of sharp biblical insights, vivid personal stories, and transformational questions I've come to expect since working with her on Discover the Word. All make Christmas Changes Everything unlike any other reflection on the arrival of Jesus Christ. Whether read to children, discussed in groups, or poured over alone, it is a gift that keeps on giving us meaning to celebrate—from the first Noel to this one!  Rasool Berry, host of Where Ya From? podcast

How can we, like the characters in the original nativity story, be changed by Christmas? With heart-warming and sometimes challenging stories, Elisa Morgan invites us to enter into the wonder of Christmas. We too can accept, yield, believe, wait, and rejoice—and be forever changed by our loving God. —Amy Boucher Pye, author, Celebrating Christmas

I love this book. The portraits of each of the biblical characters in the Christmas narrative are compelling all on their own, but the real heart-stopper for me is the "Change point" at the end of each story. Elisa Morgan ushers us gently yet firmly toward cracking our hearts open to the God who desires to be born there anew. I believe these stories can change everything!—Leslie Leyland Fields, author of Forgiving Our Fathers and Mothers

EDITION Paperback

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

I received an ARC of, Christmas Changes Everything, by Elisa Morgan. I really enjoyed this book. How Christmas changed the author, the people, in the bible, and how it can change the reader.

This is a beautiful Christmas book told through the perspective of nine different characters of the nativity story. Each chapter teaches about a beautiful aspect of Christmas and the story of Christ's birth. It shows how Christmas can change and bless our lives. This is certainly one I will enjoy returning to each holiday season. Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy of the book.

This is a sweet little book on Christmas. Although I didn’t relate to the authors personal stories, it was still nice to see how she related them to Christmas and Scripture. I really enjoyed learning more about Anna from the Bible! All in all, it would make a good gift this Christmas and I would recommend it.

A simple, precise and inspiring narrative, that goes quickly as a journey of reading, with one of the best contents I love to read: CHRISTMAS and it's meaning. I loved how the author made a correlation with main characters of the biblical story and How We can use their examples to allow God's purpose in our everyday lifes', all this keeping the heart of christmas alive all year! Well Done !

Throughout the course of this book, Elisa Morgan expertly tells the story of the impact of the first Christmas by focusing on the stories of various individuals in the Bible. From Mary to Anna to King Herod and more, the lessons we learn from each of these stories will help change our perspectives on the meaning of Christmas. This is a perfect book to read during the holiday season to refresh your memory on why we celebrate Christmas in the first place.

Is it ever too early to think about Christmas? I think not. :D LOL!

This release from Elisa Morgan absolutely gets me in the Christmas spirit--in the best way. I love how it focuses on each of the main characters in and around the traditional story...but also takes it to the next level, examining who they are, their characteristics, and even some of the original Greek language or history of the day/era.

I'll be curious with the final release whether there's any inner artwork included; the eARC was, to put it plainly (no pun intended) ... sparse. :D Simple presentation that surprised me a bit, with just the text included. But, sometimes that's just as well, allowing me to focus on the text without distraction--something I can always use in/around the Christmas season.

I received an eARC of the book from the publisher via NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

"Christmas Changes Everything" by Elisa Morgan is about "How the Birth of Jesus Brings Hope to the World." In the Introduction, "When Christmas Becomes Christmas" gives us a real Christmas feeling. It captures the warmth and light of Christmas. As we read on, the deeper meaning of Christmas grows in our hearts and souls. We discover Someone greater, the glorious reality of Christ being born in our hearts to save us eternally. Oh, what a joyous hope! A growing wonder fills us to overflowing. Who is this baby Jesus? Why is He so special? There is no one like Him on earth. He is unique. He stands alone. Christmas becomes Christmas when Easter becomes Easter. When we face the ultimate sacrifice of Christ on the Cross, dying for our sins, we grasp the meaning of Christmas. Christ's death and His resurrection gives us a new understanding of Christ's birth in a manger. Christ is God's gift to us. Christ in us, the hope of glory. Christ was born at Christmas, lived on earth, died and was raised from the dead to save you and me for eternity. I respond with a heartfelt, resounding "Yes" to Jesus being born in my heart. A "Yes" that compels me to offer myself to serve others out of my love for Christ. What is the real meaning of Christmas to you? When Christmas truly becomes Christmas, it changes everything for you. Your perspective changes. Jesus is your reason for living! Christmas fills our hearts with joy and wonder. Read this awesome book to discover the true gift of Christmas - Jesus Christ. Your life will be rejuvenated for ever.

I want to thank Netgalley and the author for gifting me the ebook. I am really bummed out. I really wanted to finish this book and maybe I will but it was not available in ebook format for my Kindle. I had to download the file to my phone and my phone does. It save my place. It is really annoying that I have to write down my place and then go to it everytime I try and read it.
:(. It is making me not wanting to finish it.

In Christmas Changes Everything, author Elisa Morgan looks at all of the individual key players in the first Christmas, showing the tremendous upheaval and impact of the event on their lives. She also discusses others during the course of Jesus' life whose faith allowed them to immediately recognize him as the savior and redeemer they had been awaiting. The characteristics of these people and their faith are worthy of emulation to experience the power of Christmas; what it meant when it happened, and what it still means for us today.

My thanks to Our Daily Bread Publishing for permitting me to read an ARC of the book via NetGalley. Publication is scheduled for 10/4/22. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and are given freely.