The Titanic Tunnel

Pub Date 12 May 2022 | Archive Date 14 Jun 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheTitanicTunnel #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

‘It’s Titanic – aren’t you curious? No one alive today has seen it like that.’ Emmie & Jack are on a school trip with a difference.

Visiting Belfast to see where Titanic was built, they step back to 1912 and discover the great ship itself. All too soon, they find out that the way home is blocked, and Jack gets dragged off to work by one of the crew. Who is the mysterious stranger lurking in the shadows, and can they solve his time riddle to escape from the doomed ship before it is too late…?

Visiting Belfast to see where Titanic was built, they step back to...

Links

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Glen's books are an absolute delight to read, I thoroughly enjoyed The Blitz Bus and this little gem didn't disappoint either.

The books are primarily aimed at the younger generation and to introduce them to their history, but I think they can be enjoyed by any age.

Very well researched and written in a way to bring history to life, for younger eyes to be educated and others to be reminded.

The characters of Emmie and Jack were great and I loved following them on their startup back to 1912. I can't wait to see where we're taken next.

I have an infinity for Titanic, because I used to work in a casino which used to be the train station where everybody boarded for their fatal journey. Over the road in Oxford Street you have The Grapes public house, this is where they filmed the scenes with Di Caprio (Jack) as he played cards to win his passage onto the ship. And now I live in Southampton, where we have a Titanic museum and so much history with the ship.

Many thanks to Netgalley for my ARC.

Rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was a book meant for younger readers, but I still enjoyed it, even though I am an adult. The tale featured Jack and Emmie, with Mary,
who needed saving, as the stranger mysteriously said. An enjoyable read about time travel to the doomed Titanic, where many survived, but many did not., thank you so much to netgalley and the publishers for giving me a copy of the book.

Review
The Blitz Bus was one of the best educational adventure books for children that made its way onto the bookshelves last year, in my opinion. Full of interesting factual information and excitement throughout.
The Titanic Tunnel lacks the same atmosphere and horror surrounding London during the Blitz, but it was still riveting enough.
The author has researched the material well and given the reader insight into what life was like on board the Titanic on its ill-fated voyage. As well as an exciting adventure book, The Titanic Tunnel, this has the potential to work as an educational tool. Very similar to the Blitz Bus in this regard.
The main protagonists, Emmie & Jack, are very likeable and very relatable. Not to up themselves or too naive either. Venturing into the unknown, especially with time travel, is not always what it is cracked up to be: just ask Dr Who. But when it draws you into a life and death situation, you can safely assume it definitely is no laughing matter.
I love the writing style of the author. Simplicity without being patronising. He paints vivid and vibrant pictures with his writing with deft attention to detail.
The Titanic Tunnel is a well-crafted and well-researched rousing adventure, full of thrills and spills. There is just the right amount of suspense and tension to keep the children enthralled without losing their attention.
Glen Blackwell just seems to know how to hit the right spot when writing fiction for young children. Blending interesting facts and subjects with storytelling is not an easy thing to do just ask any parent, but the author has that gift. It is going to be interesting to see what particular gem Mr Blackwell has next up his sleeve.
The Titanic Tunnel is an excellent novel that I recommend without reservation. Young children and adults will love it, I am sure.
Thank You, NetGalley and BooksGoSocial, for the ARC.

This was a well written book with an engaging storyline and well developed characters. The book was so well researched and was full of vivid descriptions and rich imagery that I felt like I could jump into the pages and ezperience it alongside the characters. I loved it,

A book geared to younger readers, but full of little gems of historical interest and fact concerning the fateful sailing of the Titanic, and we are there for the hours leading up to April 15, 1912.
The author has two children Emmie & Jack on a field trip to Belfast Ireland to see where the Titanic as constructed. Our curious pair soon split from their group and open a door to the past.
Now we are set for an adventure, and and adventure these two sure have! After a while, with the clock ticking, you will be wondering if these two will be added to the casualty list!
This book is geared to 9 - 12 year olds, but as an adult I loved reading this quick read of just 264 pages, filled with facts about this ship!
I also had to know what happened to these characters, and then Mary!
I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher BooksGoSocial, and was not required to give a positive review.

I wish this book exist when I was a kid. An interesting way to introducing Titanic history to young readers. I think the author doing her research and insert the information smartly in the storyline gradually without overwhelmed narration. Both main characters memorable and easy to love.

Thank you Netgalley.

Although these books are aimed at the younger generation, I still found them interesting, read the first about the blitz and this book was just as good, kept me reading and hoping that they managed to get back to their time in the world before the portal closed

The Titanic Tunnel
by Glen Blackwell
BooksGoSocial
Pub Date: May 12

The author writes compelling fiction that makes history sizzle for middle graders. His debut, The Blitz Bus, showed young readers how it was when Nazis bombed Britain during WWII. His latest brings the same contemporary MCs, Emmie and Jack, on a time-slip trip on the Titanic.

Blackwell's well-researched passages grip as he spins the story of their class visit to Belfast, Ireland, to see where the ship was built. Somehow, the two get separated from the group and find a time portal to April, 1912 ... and themselves aboard the Titanic already at sea.

I'm an adult and tore through this gem in one sitting. I HAD to know if they survived the ill-fated trip and made it back home through time. Middle graders will be entranced too and wonder with me, "Where will Glen take us next?"

Thanks to the author, BooksGoSocial, and NetGalley for the ARC. Opinions are mine.

#TheTimeTunnel #GlenBlackwell #BooksGoSocial #NetGalley "TimeSlipFiction
"MiddleGradeTitanicNovel #MGhistoricalfiction" "TitanicFiction "bookstagramcommunity"

This book kept my readers intrigued, children have a continual fixation with the Titanic and this book did not fail to deliver!