Delicious Gatherings

Recipes to Celebrate Together

Pub Date 06 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 20 Sep 2022

Talking about this book? Use #DeliciousGatherings #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

“I am so passionate about the power of food and cooking, and how it can bring people together, allow us to explore our creativity, and nourish our bodies and souls.”—Tara Bench (aka Tara Teaspoon)
Here is your invitation to step into the kitchen and create a meal worth remembering! Tara Teaspoon helps you impress guests and gather friends around your table with recipes for elevated everyday meals and special holidays, plus helpful tips and how-tos. This cookbook aims to bring joy, flair, and amazing taste to all your get-togethers.
From Sunday suppers and weeknight family meals to elaborate buffets for bigger crowds and holiday celebrations, Tara’s recipes include delicious showstoppers and unique takes on comforting classics. You can gather together around savory recipes, including Spicy Maple Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Pepitas or the Ultimate Chili con Queso. Then bring on dessert with Chocolate Peanut Butter Puddle Cookies or Maple Hazelnut Pie.
Tara brings her comforting-but-elevated approach to recipes that cover “Main Events,” “Serious Sides,” “Breakfast and Brunch,” and “Baking and Sweets.” The book opens with “Gather-Around Dinners,” which takes the stress out of meal planning with full-course menus for memorable gatherings.

...

EDITION Hardcover

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Delicious Gatherings by Tara Bench

If you are ready to add some flair in the kitchen and impress guests with new and unique recipes, Tara’s got your back. Back with a new cookbook, Delicious Gatherings is filled with show-stopper recipes just waiting to blow you and your guests away.

I’ve recently developed a cookbook obsession. But not just any cookbooks. They need to have recipes I’ll actually use, bring me excitement in the kitchen, and of course, they need to be beautiful. Delicious Gatherings checks all the boxes. Tara is able to transfer her passion for cooking straight into your home with this beautiful book. The recipes are made to be easily double or cut in half to ensure you have the right amount of food for your gathering.

Included are tips, success secrets, and my personal favorite, menus! You don’t have to try and put meals together, because Tara has done it for you. You can thank her brother for that idea 😉

The only problem I ran into was that a very few of the ingredients couldn’t be found at my local grocery store.

This meals in this book looks absolutely delicious and that is exactly what I’m looking for in any kind of cookbook. They were varied and different enough from what I normally cook that I happened to get quite a lot out of this book. Wonderful read!

I want to thank Netgalley and the author for gifting me the ebook. Such a great book for when you have friends and family over! Or just even a movie night in with your dear hubby or wife! Recipes are easy and love the photos.

I love cookbooks. They feed my soul and the need to try different combinations of food to get a new flavor profile or to try a foreign dish. Mostly though I find tips and tricks that I incorporate into my recipes. This book was a great addition to this, making me think of adding foods I never thought about to my staples, turning them into new and exciting flavors for friends and family.

If you’re not a big cook, no worries. The recipes are easy to follow, clear and concise. I always tell my daughter and nieces that you CAN cook. If you can read and follow directions, you can do it. So if you’re a seasoned cook, this is a great book for you. If you’re not a big cook, but want to give it a whirl, this book is for you! Enjoy the time with good friends and good food.

I received a copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is a fun recipe book!

Some of the recipes are time intensive and I would have liked more photos of the finished foods, but overall it's a helpful recipe book! Designed for hosting there's a variety of foods and recipes to try. The recipes are in both grams and cups to help measure properly. There's some unique recipes to try and information to make sure everything comes out as something you'd like to share.

Overall a nice find!

This is a must-have cookbook! The recipes look divine and the photos are mouth-watering! I can't wait to give them a try. This is one I'll return to again and again. Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy of the book.

As usual with me, the best part of this cookbook is the desserts! I have a few more for my to-bake list, but there is also a nice selection of all-American family dinners that are fancy enough for company, but still totally approachable for every day. Some of them are a little fancy, and use some healthier swaps, but look tame enough that even beginner-cook me may try a few. Maybe after I try the cookies...

Publication date: September 6, 2022

Thank you to NetGalley, the author, and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review an advanced reader's copy of this book. This in no way affects my review, all opinions are my own and may be affected by the fact that I currently have nothing better to do than read multiple books a day!

SYNOPSIS
*****************

From Sunday suppers and weeknight family meals to elaborate buffets for bigger crowds and holiday celebrations, Tara’s recipes include delicious showstoppers and unique takes on comforting classics. You can gather together around savoury recipes, including Spicy Maple Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Pepitas or the Ultimate Chili con Queso. Then bring on dessert with Chocolate Peanut Butter Puddle Cookies or Maple Hazelnut Pie.

I think I am in love with this book: not only are these recipes visually gorgeous, but they are also so yummy sounding that I have already pre-ordered a copy of the book for my own personal use. I made the Spicy Maple Sweet Potatoes (with sunflower seeds instead of pepitas as I didn't want to go to the store) last night and it was amazing and I have plans for the Ultimate Chili con Queso with those puddle cookies for dessert this weekend.

The recipes are well written and understandable by cooks of all levels and the photos make the food very appealing to me and other food lovers out there. Even if you are just cooking for yourself, it is worth it - I hate to use the ubiquitous "Self Care" but you can love yourself via great food that is satisfying to make and eat.

I especially love the book because it uses primarily whole ingredients instead of pre-prepared and packaged foods. My nephew says that I never have any food in the house, only ingredients --- that is why I cook so much. I also refuse to eat or cook with Frankenfoods such as "chick'n" and its 88 ingredients vs. 🐔chicken🐔 having one and cheese that does not come from an animal is udder nonsense!)

I am super excited to try some of these delish recipes. Very well organized and love all of the pictures.

In “Delicious Gatherings: Recipes to Celebrate Together,” cookbook author Tara Teaspoon says her goal is to encourage readers to bring their friends and family members together for a creative, nourishing meal. I was certainly inspired by its recipes that go beyond Western classics, use less common ingredients, and borrow from different cuisines; instructions that are clear and not overwhelming; and beautiful, mouthwatering photos.

Many of my loved ones are proud foodies and amazing cooks themselves, so when I’m hosting a celebration or there’s a potluck it can be stressful choosing and putting together something to eat. But “Delicious Gatherings” has so many recipes that I’ve added to my To Cook list! The ones I’m most excited to try are:
* Blackened salmon tacos with mangoes and purple slaw
* Thai coconut chicken and rice noodle soup
* Pasta with brussels sprouts and walnut-sage browned butter
* Churro waffles with whipped ricotta and dulce de leche
* Passionfruit meringue tart with coconut cookie crust

I only wish she had included some punch bowl recipes for non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages to perfectly round out the meals.

Thank you to NetGalley and Shadow Mountain Publishing for an advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review. My review was posted online on May 5, 2022, to Goodreads here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60439679.

As the title suggests, Delicious Gatherings is for anyone wanting to make meals for parties, holidays, and get-togethers.

In the beginning of the book, it's organized into planned meals; anything from a holiday meal to Sunday dinner to a variety of ethnic meals. You can either pick and choose the recipes you'd like to make or make everything in the meal. It's a great idea for anyone who wants a cohesive meal plan and doesn't necessarily know what to serve with what.

I love the little twists and variations that elevate the traditional meal like adding miso and honey to brussels sprouts, pepitas to sweet potatoes, and smoked gouda to mashed potatoes in the holiday dinner menu, for example. In addition to fully planned meals, there are also sections for side dishes, entrees, breakfast/brunch, and desserts.

Every recipe has a beautiful photo, and they all look and sound delicious. As someone who considers themselves a decent home cook, nothing seemed too complicated. Each recipe has numbered steps and also has the amount of time it should take, tips and tricks, and helpful notes, so I feel like even a novice cook wouldn't have too much difficulty making these dishes.

In addition to a traditional index, there's also a photo index, which I think is a marvelous touch, especially if you're looking for a recipe and can't remember the name of it.

I love this cookbook! I've already bookmarked a few pages I plan on making very soon. There's a mac and cheese recipe that sounds like something right up my alley.

Thank you to Shadow Mountain Publishing and NetGalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

5 Stars

A beautifully photographed cook book full of ideas for organized feasts. I like that the recipes are grouped logically and they are clear and accessible.
I want to make the chili cheese fries right now! The chicken banh mi burgers is one of the only banh mi recipes I have see which I think I can make and I know my kids will want the churro waffles and the lemon cake in the near future!
This is a recipe book worthy of anyone’s kitchen shelf collection.

I love a cook book, and the title and front cover of this drew me in from the off - and that doesn’t end once you open the book. The photographs of the food in this book look absolutely divine! The recipes are clear, easy to follow, and sound absolutely delicious. There’s everything from a twist on the classics, to more original recipes - something to every taste. I love ‘Tara’s Tips’ throughout the pages, and the conversational intro to each chapter, and to each individual recipe. The photo index at the back is pure genius.

Thank you to Shadow Mountain Publishing and Netgalley for an eARC of this book to read and review

This is a great cookbook for people looking for entertaining ideas and party recipes. Everyone will be excited to try the spinach artichoke pastry displayed on the cover.

Delicious Gatherings by Tara Teaspoon is the perfect one stop shop for entertaining. This book is incredibly smart - it is broken out by types of Gatherings that you could have. There are components that you could mix and match but it also gives you the blueprint for a gathering as well as tips for serving / vibe.

The book is broken out into the following sections:
Gather Around Dinners: mezze dinner, holiday dinner, fiesta mexicana, sunday supper, grill party
Serious Sides
Main Events
Breakfast and Brunch
Baking and Sweets

This is a great book for every person in your life who loves to entertain, especially for those who are still figuring it out.

Thank you to Netgalley and Shadow Mountain Publishing for the ARC, Delicious Gatherings is out 9/6/22!

Lovely pictures and delicious recipes. I can’t wait to get started. The ingredients are decent, not an overly abundant amount. With instructions that are easy to understand.

There are some terrific recipes found throughout this cookbook. I was glad to see classic favorites but also new and fresh meal ideas. My only complaint ks that I wish there were more puctures of the delicious dishes.

Tara Bench the author of this books says she is passionate about the power of food and cooking. That passion shows in this book. She created a book of lovely dishes. These meals will make you the talk of the town when you prepare them for your family and friends. There is something for everyone in this book. If you want to make a nice family dinner for a Tuesday there's something for you. If you want to make a special holiday meal you can add some of her updated classics to the menu. She works to take the stress out of making meals. That is something everyone needs these days. I just hope my creations will look as beautiful as the pictures in this cookbook.

If you're looking for a way to improve your gatherings or parties this book would be for you. It's definitely not for the faint of heart as some of the recipes are pretty complicated and fancy. I love a challenge when it comes to cooking and found some of these recipes to be fantastic. If you're looking for a way to elevate dinner or parties or social events this books would be a great addition.

There are some seriously fabulous recipes in this book. Beautifully photographed and easy to follow instructions make this book a winner in my library. The book starts with recipes for gatherings, - meals, to share with family and friends. This chapter is followed by side dishes, main courses, breakfast dishes and lastly baking and desserts. All dishes are scrumptious, I especially love the variety in the breakfast meals. The baking includes a recipe for beautiful black and white butter bars, and so much more.
A truly creative and delicious book of food to make for family and friends.

This book has delicious photos and recipes. The first section is titled, "Gather-Around Dinners," featuring such selections as Mezze Dinner and Fiesta Mexicana. I chose to make the recipes from the Sunday Supper. We are a family of three (one teen, two adults).

The pot roast with pearl onions and carrots was divine. I cooked baby potatoes separately in the beef broth and they were lovely. To go with this I made the creamed spinach and green beans with shallot dressing as additional side dishes. I've never had creamed spinach and this was really good. The green beans I accidently undercooked a bit but the dressing was the real star. For dessert I made the great grains cookies. I was very nervous about using whole wheat for a cookie but wow they were almost all eaten the first day! So tender and moist.

For a movie night I made the ultimate chili con queso and served it with a couple of varieties of tortilla chips. This recipe uses two recipes from the book, blue-ribbon beef and bacon chili and pepper jack nacho cheese sauce. Phenomenal. By far the easiest and tastiest nacho cheese sauce I've made. My teen said she liked it all together but separately prefers my chili recipe. I honestly thought it put mine to shame!

I highly recommend this book for fresh new recipes to delight any palate.

Beautiful cookbook! The photos are mouthwatering and the recipes look amazing! There are lots of recipes that I would try at home. There are some:
Mediterranean Recipes Baba ghanoush, falafel, pita bread;
Holiday Recipes Turkey, dinner rolls, stuffing;
Fiesta Mexicana tacos, salsas, Mexican rice;
Sunday Supper: Pot roast, green beans, Dill bread;
Grill Party: steak, veggie kebabs, chilli cheese dogs;
Serious Sides: bbq baked beans, cornbread, french bread;
Main Dishes: Steak with strawberry chimichurri, gnocchi, brisket at home,
Breakfast and Brunch: churro waffles, lemon loaf cake, oatmeal;
Baking and Sweets: chocolate cookies, passion fruit meringue tart.

I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review

Besides the amazing recipes this book is beautiful and well laid out. Will definitely purchase for myself! I hope the spins I’d well done so it looks great on a shef,

This cook book was wonderful! It had pictures that made all the dishes look wonderful. The recipes were easy to follow and made me want to try so many of them. I will definitely be using this cookbook for years to come. I’m gonna have to buy a physical copy for sure!

I received this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

This book is full of great ideas to make foods fit for any gathering or party. I can't wait to try some of these because the pictures look amazing!

I flove this cover! It looks absolutely delicious! The author does to good of a job making me drool throughout this cookbook. I spent half the cookbook bookmarking what I want to make. Sunday Supper was my favorite! Holiday meals a close second.

What did I like? I know when I pick up a cookbook by this author I’m getting great recipes. The cover alone would of had me reaching for this one. Fabulous job! She doesn’t just stop at gathering meals but adds sides and desserts in the end. Five stars. I can’t wait to try some of these recipes. The dill bread really caught my eye because we actually grew dill in our garden this summer.

Would I recommend or buy? You really can’t go wrong with cookbooks by this author. I have several and I can’t wait to add this one. It is drool worthy. I would definitely recommend this book!

I received a complimentary copy to read and drool over while voluntarily leaving this opinion!