Who’s Lying Now?

Pub Date 06 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 27 Sep 2022
Harper 360, HarperCollins

Talking about this book? Use #WhosLyingNow #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Don’t miss the captivating new page-turner from Sunday Times bestselling author Susan Lewis. Pre-order now!

You think you’re safe.
You think you know your neighbours.
But can you ever really know who’s telling the truth?

Jeannie Symonds is a force to be reckoned with – an eccentric, award-winning publisher, spending lockdown with her husband in a house near Kesterly-on-Sea. She seems to have it all: a high-flying career, a happy marriage, a niece she adores.

And then one day, she vanishes.

Cara Jakes is a new trainee investigator – young, intelligent and eager to prove herself. When she teams up with detective Andee Lawrence to look into the disappearance, she is determined to find out what has really happened to Jeannie. Cara begins to question the residents of this close-knit community, sure that someone has a secret to hide.

But how can she separate the truth from the lies?

You think you’re safe.
You think you know your neighbours.
But can you ever really know who’s...

EDITION Paperback

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

This book is about a disappearance in a neighborhood in the mystery into what happened. I love a good mystery thriller so I absolutely enjoyed this book. I would call it is a more sinister Desperate Housewives!

I really enjoyed this book! It hooked me from the very first chapter, and kept me hooked the entire time!

This ARC was provided to me via Kindle, Harper360 and by #NetGalley. Opinions expressed are completely my own.

Fantastic thriller full of mystery and intrigue.

The first chapters of the books go back and forth in time, which is not my favorite format. It takes place in an area where everyone knows everyone else as well as everyone’s business! A woman goes missing and the community is questioning everything they ever knew about their neighbors. A very good “who done it” as suspicions are rampant. My thanks to NetGalley for an advanced copy for my independent review

love this book, great characters, and plot. the storyline was very interesting. hope to read more.
This book was great, the characters were well developed. The plot was interesting. Highly recommend it.

Thanks to Harper360, and #NetGalley provided to me via Kindle for my review of Who's Lying Now? Written by Susan Lewis.
You think you’re safe.
You think you know your neighbors.
But can you ever really know who’s telling the truth?
Jeannie Symonds is an eccentric, award-winning publisher and has vanished. Detectives Andee Lawrence with Cara Jakes wade through so many lies in the neighbor to find the truth. The truth becomes difficult, due to everyone and their lies. I really enjoyed the book, and what crazy people live within this neighborhood.

I love diving into the latest Susan Lewis thriller! Who’s Lying Now? had my undivided attention from the very first page! The storyline was extremely well written with perfectly placed twists and turns! Susan Lewis always leaves has jaw dropping and this 5 star novel did exactly that! As per usual, I really thought I figured everything out only to find I was very wrong lol! If you love mystery/thrillers as much as I do then this fast paced novel is a MUST READ! Susan Lewis is an automatic read for me and I cannot wait until her next book!

My first read from this author and I will keep reading her work. I love how the story is full of suspense and kept me guessing. This story entails the Covid pandemic with the lockdown so it makes you think and imagine the what ifs.

Jeannie Symonds is a successful publisher, she has a happy life and a handsome husband. While staying at Kesterly-on-Sea during lockdown she suddenly disappears. Detectives Cara Jakes and Andee Lawrence are on the case to find out what happened to her. Everyone in their small community is a suspect.

This was a very entertaining read by Susan Lewis. It was my first novel by her and will not be my last. She had me turning the pages quickly in this wild story. None of the characters were very likable but I felt compelled to find out what happened to Jeannie. I loved the different timelines and the alternating points of view. That's always a plus for me. The ending was also superb! I'll be recommending this one to my friends.

Thank you NetGalley and Harper 360 for my ARC in exchange for my honest review.

This review will be posted to my Instagram Blog (@coffee.break.book.reviews) in the near future.

This hooked me from the first page. Entertaining thriller. There are so many lies when publisher Jessica Symonds disappears.

I’m a big fan of Susan Lewis. She writes domestic suspense with a literary flair and her characters always fascinate me. Here we have a disappearance to investigate. Jeannie snd Guy live in ‘the big house’ in a small English village where villagers know each other and are usually related/invested/divorced from someone in the next family. Helping us investigate the missing Jeannie case is a young trainee Cara along with two seasoned detectives. Lewis allows each character to grow within a tight plot and my allegiances floundered with each new reveal. Can Fliss have the lead in the next book please?

This is a slowly drawn out mystery with lots of details. The author has obviously put a lot of thought into all the little details that make each character come to life on the pages. At the same time, she has thrown out so many red herrings, I couldn't even begin to guess whether the main character ran off, was killed or simply locked up somewhere by one of them. There were lots of tensions and issues between the people in the book.

If you like a carefully plotted story that will keep you guessing, this fills the bill.