How Firm a Foundation

365 Devotions from Genesis to Revelation for Help, Hope, and Strength

Pub Date 06 Sep 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #HowFirmaFoundation #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

In a year of daily devotions, How Firm a Foundation carries you on a journey through the Bible, inviting you to read portions of each book and providing stopping points for you to dwell on familiar and unfamiliar passages. Each section of Scripture is introduced and explained with summaries and outlines, so you'll better understand it and build on what you already know to construct a firmer base on which to build your life in Christ.

PAGES 448

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Average rating from 1 member

I requested this devotional book because it is from Our Daily Bread. I used to read the booklets years ago and thought it would be enjoyable to check them out again.

The daily readings start with Genesis on January 1 and end with Revelation on December 31. It’s uncommon to find a through-the-Bible devotional and I appreciated this aspect. A brief overview is included before each Bible section (Pentateuch, History, etc.), and a brief overview and outline is included for each book. of the Bible.

The devotional readings themselves are short and basic- a passage of scripture to read followed by a story that illustrates the point. I started this book and while I found nothing explicitly wrong with it, I decided I wanted a bit more and will not be finishing it. Fans of Our Daily Bread may feel otherwise.

The biggest surprise with this book is that while it is, in a way, a through-the-Bible devotional, you will not read the entire Bible while going through this book. I expected that each day would include the Bible reading portion to get through the Bible in one year, but it does not. To me, this seemed to defeat the purpose this book was trying to achieve.

My recommendation is to get the free daily devotions from Our Daily Bread (available online) and save your money.

*I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.