Hell Bound

Pub Date 31 May 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #HellBound #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

My mother named me Rebecca Naomi Greenblatt. Folks who know me call me Becs.And those who know what I'm capable of call me Summoner.

The Kiss on my wrist—a mark I've had since birth—signals my rare ability to call on immortals and negotiate with them on behalf of my clients for information, favors, or other services. These powers got me entangled with the demon Valefar and his sidekick, a warlock… not to mention a bevy of fae, a medium who communed with the dead, and a conceited library cat.

It's complicated, dangerous, and exhausting.

Recently, I found out that my father, a summoner himself and the person who taught me what little I know about my summoning powers, was trapped in Faerie by Titania. I rescued my dad, at great cost, only for Valefar to steal him away to literal Hell — yes, with a capital H.

Now, I need to gather the correct magical doodads, wrangle the town's biggest mobster who has his own axe to grind in the underworld, and track down my guardian angel lover who's been MIA since I got back from Faerie.

Then I'm breaking into Hell to get my father back.

And God Himself help anyone who stands in my way.

Praise for the Author:
"[Demon Kissed] is GOOD! Blackrose proves that a creative writer can grab you with an original twist."
Faith Hunter, NYT and USA Today bestselling author of the Jane Yellowrock series

"J. D. Blackrose's latest tale spins together demons, mobsters, fairies, and a kick-ass heroine under a curse that may end up being her salvation. *Chef's Kiss." -Darin Kennedy, Author of Fugue & Fable and The Pawn Stratagem on Demon Kissed

"Fun, romantic, action and sass." — May P. Netgalley reviewer

Author Bio:
The Summoner's Mark is J D Blackrose's first series with BellBridge Books. Previously, she's published The Soul Wars, The Devil's Been Busy, and the Zombie Cosmetologist novellas through Falstaff Books. She's also published multiple short stories,enjoying the art of brevity now and then. She's always lived in her head and is often accused of not listening. To make up for it, she's mastered the art of looking interested. Follow her: www.slipperywords.com,https://www.facebook.com/JDBlackrose/ and https://twitter.com/JDBlackrose.

The Kiss on my wrist—a mark I've had since birth—signals my rare...

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9781610262040

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

If you like action, some loving, and a great storyline, then this is the book for you.
I got caught up in this book and couldn't put it down.

I’ve been reading this series, and I have enjoyed it quite a bit. I started this one, and I was sure I was going to quite enjoy this one as well as I liked the first two. Becs is a strong character, and I like that the focus isn’t on her romance with Asher. We see her stand and work alone, more with him as a partner. And when terrible things happen (no spoilers!), she can still function even though sad. And, I am so blown away by the ending, I can’t wait to see what’s coming next as I hope this wasn’t the end. Great urban fantasy, wonderful writing, intriguing characters (love Pinky!), and an enthralling plot. Highly recommend. I was provided a complimentary copy which I voluntarily reviewed.

I'm liking this series and liked this story which I found entertaining and compelling.
Good world building, character and plot development.
The characters are likeable and interesting.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine