Why Am I So Anxious?

Powerful Tools for Recognizing Anxiety and Restoring Your Peace

Pub Date 16 Aug 2022 | Archive Date 01 Sep 2022
DK, Alpha

Talking about this book? Use #WhyAmISoAnxious #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A practical guide from respected therapist and popular YouTube star Dr. Tracey Marks that will help readers recognize the common signs and symptoms of anxiety and anxiety-related mood disorders, and then help them develop coping skills using self-guided solutions or help them decide on other treatment options.

Take control of your anxiety and take back your life!

Anxiety seems to be everywhere in today's world. But how do you know if you're experiencing anxiety or if it's something else? And what can you do to fix it? Renowned therapist and YouTube star Dr. Tracey Marks is known for her friendly, relatable style that helps followers of her YouTube channel recogize what's bothering them and then guides them to practical solutions that help them manage their mental health issues. In Why Am I So Anxious?, Dr. Marks will help you understand many of the most common causes of anxiety, help you identify what type of anxiety you may be experiencing, and give you helpful insight on how you can self-manage your anxiety before deciding if additional treatment options are the best choice. You don't need to let anxiety control your life!

This book was incredibly well written and readable, not technical. This is great as you don’t want to feel like you’re reading a scholarly article. I found the book to be enlightening to help me understand my own anxiety and recognize some symptoms I didn’t realize were actually anxiety. Very helpful read that’s easy to understand.

This is a must-have resource to help one improve mental health, resiliency, and live a more full and happy life. It is full of great strategies, advice, and easy to implement ideas. This is one I'll return to again and again. Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy of the book.

This book is divided in two parts. In the first part, the author talks about the origin of anxiety, how the brain is involved, and states the different disorders and personnalities related to anxiety. In the second part, she talks about what you can do about it, weather it's a precription treatment or complementary or alternative treatments, and gives a lot ot tools to help you cope with anxiety.
I prefered the second part to the first one (which was fairly theoretical, although easy to understand and important in the comprehension of the disorder). I will definitely refer to the different tools when I need them (and I am on my way to make myself a glitter jar right away!).
I received an advance review copy for free from NetGalley and DK, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Overall I found this book accurate and helpful. I’ve had a high level of anxiety my whole life stemming from childhood abandonment and trauma. This book does an excellent job of explaining the “what and why” of anxiety in the first half and the “how to” of minimizing it in the second half.

This is a book I would recommend to anyone struggling with anxiety as a place to start and to get some good overall knowledge of this disorder and some effective tools to try. While I can’t say there was new information for me, it is helpful to have it all in one place. Thank you to NetGalley for an early copy of this comprehensive book. This is my unbiased review.