Watch Your Back
Nine Proven Strategies to Reduce Your Neck and Back Pain Without Surgery
by Ken Hansraj, MD; Diane Reverand
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 06 Dec 2022 | Archive Date 06 Dec 2022
Nine essential strategies to support your neck and spine, reduce pain, and improve your quality of life—without medication or surgery
Back problems are the leading cause of disability worldwide—and most of us will endure acute or chronic back pain at some time in our lives. Surgery and painkillers are not the only answers. Spine and neck expert Dr. Ken Hansraj offers alternative solutions. “There are effective exercises, habits, and techniques you can practice—anytime, anyplace—that will significantly improve, if not completely heal, your back pain.” Now this renowned clinician and leading researcher presents a comprehensive guide to help you overcome physical, mental, and emotional factors that contribute to back problems.
In Watch Your Back, Dr. Hansraj offers a straightforward, proven program for taking the health of your spine and neck into your own hands. Here, he offers nine potent strategies with simple, specific directions on what to do to strengthen your back and make your spine supple:
• Posture—including special instructions for self-care at your desk or while using electronic devices
• Deep Breathing—to dissolve stress and get an instant posture fix
• Movement—how to develop good habits for lifting, reaching, turning, and repetitive motion
• Activity—guidance for breaking out of a sedentary lifestyle
• Exercise—targeted practices for increasing your back’s strength and suppleness
• Nutrition—the essentials of a pain-killing diet
• Sleep—tips and tools to help you get healthy, rejuvenating rest
• Positivity—ways to cultivate emotional resilience to keep your body and mind healthy
• Meditation—guidance on mindfulness, stress reduction, and meditations for pain relief
“The health of your back is essential to your overall wellness—not just your physical health, but your clarity of mind, emotional balance, and quality of life,” says Dr. Hansraj. Watch Your Back is an essential resource for anyone suffering from back issues—with powerful self-care methods to help you recover the joy and freedom of a healthy spine.
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 4 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Taylor Jenkins Reid
Amandeep S. Kochar with Candy Rodo
; Becky Kopitzke
Lacy Finn Borgo
Mark Changizi; Tim Barber