Flora's Travelling Christmas Shop

Pub Date 11 Oct 2022 | Archive Date 06 Dec 2022
Harper 360, HQ Digital

Talking about this book? Use #FlorasTravellingChristmasShop #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

‘A gloriously festive, warm and cosy hug of a book. If this doesn’t get you in the mood for mince pies, eggnog and pine tree scents, nothing will!’ NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

’Tis the season for mulled wine, mince pies, and magic under the mistletoe…

Flora loves Christmas more than anything else in the world, so she’s gutted when her Scrooge-alike boss fires her from Deck the Halls Christmas emporium. But now she finally has a chance to follow her dreams – and what better place to start than the home of Christmas?

Before she can say ‘sleigh bells’, Flora’s on her way to Lapland in a campervan-cum-Christmas-shop. She can’t wait to spend her days drinking hot chocolate and taking reindeer-drawn carriage rides, but something Flora didn’t expect was meeting Connor, a Norse god of a man who makes her heart flutter and snowflakes swirl in her stomach. There’s just one problem: Connor hates Christmas.

Can Flora convince Connor of the joys of Christmas – and will she find a festive romance along the way?

The perfect Christmas romance for fans of Debbie Johnson, Holly Martin and Jenny Colgan.

Readers LOVE Flora’s Travelling Christmas Shop!

‘An absolutely delightful festive feel good book! Perfect for snuggling up with… a steaming mug of hot chocolate in front of a roaring fire! Fabulous.’ NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘This was such a sparkling fabulous read and I devoured every word!… Rebecca Raisin is a force to be reckoned with.’ NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘A quirky heroine, a lovely story and filled with festive vibes – just fabulous!’ NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘I love Rebecca’s books but this one is definitely one of my favourites to date.’ NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Rebecca Raisin has done it again… I’ve loved all of [her] books and this is no different, it just has a little Christmas sparkle on top!’ NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘Well written, cosy and comforting. Great escapism.’ NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘Such a great read. Rebecca Raisin is a fab author!’ NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

’Tis the...

EDITION Paperback

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Another fun story in this series. I enjoy the lighthearted plots and fun characters of the van life series.

Grumpy-sunshine. Hallmark vibes. A really nice story with lots of Christmas spirit! I really enjoyed the enemies-to-friends/lovers relationship between Flora and Connor. I also enjoyed Flora’s friends… her BFF in London and the friends she met along the way. Overall, a great book!

Thanks to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for my honest review. Flora’s Travelling Christmas Shop comes out October 11, 2022.

Let me start off this review by saying, thank you so much to the publishers and Rebecca Raisin for this awesome story!

Woah, if Hallmarks looking for it’s next Christmas movie then this is a story they should check out!! After Flora is fired from another Christmas retail job, and then brutally dumped by her current boo thing she chooses to take a risk. She buys herself a van and decided to head to Lapland in order to open a traveling Christmas shop. Once in the shop she meets a Nordic god, a mean girl and her crew, and a few friends who become family along the way! Floras zany nature though is matched and balanced by the Nordic god Connor, a strict, rule following, non-Christmas believing behemoth of a man. Who seems to always be around to catch Flora when she’s falling, whether that be falling because of her own folly or falling because of something outside of her control. The chemistry between them was both sweet and electric, and a bookish couple I wouldn’t recommend you miss.

My only warning though is that if you chose to pick this book up I hope you love a good slow burn romance because this novel puts the SLOW in slow burn. While the characters are great and quirky and definitely keep the story moving, the romance, which was what sold me to this novel, comes at a real slow pace.

Overall, though this novel was a sweet little Christmas read, and a novel I’d recommend to any and all Christmas romance and Hallmark readers alike!

This was absolutely delightful. The plot was well-paced and captivating from start to finish. The characters were charming and witty. I highly recommend this fun and quick read! Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy of the book.

What a way to embrace the holiday spirit with this tale of Flora showing Conner the magic of Christmas and there isn't a dull moment in the book, from being a elf at the hospital to lighting a Christmas tree for the town what a great way to open ones heart to Christmas. And who can forget a Van full of Christmas goodies.
I loved that Flora after living a life like everyone else, made up her own mind to try something completely foreign to her and went for it. I also love the interplay between Flora and Conner and knew from the moment they met, on the side of the road, that they were meant for each other, but I didn't know how.
I like the approach that Rebecca Raisin takes to van life. Although, there are ups and downs to the van life it also seems a good place to deal with ones fears, because there are people who either have done it or who will push you until you deal with the problem on your own. I also like that most of the van people choose a different life then the rest of society, because they are unique and the world is to amazing to stay in one place.
The only thing that would make this better will be another story to wrap up everything in this one.

I want to thank HQ, HQ Digital and NetGalley for the advance copy of this traveling Christmas tale

I received an ARC from Netgalley. Flora's Travelling Christmas Shop, by Rebecca Raisin. Flora is not like other women, she definitely does stuff her own way. Connor is the exact opposite of her. Can Flora convince Connor about the magic of Christmas?

One of my favorite books this year! Unique, fun and festive. Learning about Lapland was enchanting, especially at Christmas time. Not only did I not know about the cozy Van Life lifestyle, I had never read a Rebecca Raisin book! Since finishing this one, I’ve read 3 more of her books. Total fan now. Friendship, struggles and a perfectly satisfying ending. This needs to be made into a movie!

Loved this book. I found the characters charming and funny. I.enjoyed the sweet story throughout! A cute Christmas book and sweet,charming story!

Wow! Rebecca Raisin provides a GREAT Christmas novel! Flora is a zany Christmas fanatic, who has not had the best luck in relationships or finances. When Rebecca decides to purchase a van and have a traveling Christmas Shop she is taken away from the area she knows best and works to meet new people. Flora meets Connor and has a rocky start with him. However after getting to know Connor she helps him to see that people do have the best intentions and that he is worth understanding and believing in the true meaning of Christmas. This was an amazing read, and my interest is piqued into reading more of Rebecca Raisins other works.

Thank you NetGalley for a pre-release of Flora's Travelling Christmas Shop.

I absolutely loved this book. Down on her luck, Christmas enthusiastic Flora goes on the adventure of a lifetime - seeking her own Hallmark movie-like happily ever after. The characters are endearing and the story moves along quickly. I'd love to see this book made into a movie. I highly recommend that you give this book a read.

New cover but a joy to reread. Ty his should be a holiday favorite, Pure holiday fun! This is a whimsical and romantic holiday story to enjoy.

“Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers?” That’s Flora’s surefire way of finding out whether a man is suitable or not for her. Flora has the greatest love for everything Christmas and wants everyone else to have that joy too. The problem is that most men think Flora is just plain kooky and quirky. Who wears Santa or Reindeer onesies when it’s not even Christmas?

When Flora loses her “dream” job of being a cashier in a Christmas shop for being too kind to customers, and then her best friend and roommate takes a job in the states, Flora decides she needs to make a change too. With her love of Christmas, she decides to join the Van Lifers, start a traveling Christmas Shop, and head to Lapland, Norway. Everyone knows that Lapland is where Santa lives. But that Hallmark ending that Flora is looking for will take some doing. First, arriving in the Christmas community in Lapland, Flora in her boisterous and eccentric ways finds that not everything she heard about the friendliness of van life is true although she soon finds friends. Secondly, even being her own boss, Flora has to answer to Connor, the manager of the community who although a hunky Norwegian, is a Grinch. He doesn’t even believe in Christmas and thinks Die Hard is a Christmas movie! With the help of her new friends, Flora makes it her mission to change his mind. She wants to help Conner find the joy and magic of Christmas and win his heart. Flora is looking for that Hallmark ending.

This is such a delightful read, with lots of giggles and at the absurd situations that Flora creates and finds herself in. It’s a true holiday romance about finding that magic again and believing in that joy. You discover that Christmas is more than about all the glittering lights and the shiny tinsel on the tree.

Many thanks to #netgalley #rebeccaraisin #florastravelingvhtistmasshop yo read and review this book.

This is a good book. The two main characters are Flora and Connor. Flora owns a van that she sells Christmas trinkets out of. Connor is the manager of the festival that hosts the Christmas shops. There is an instant attraction between them. They each have trust issues but together they work them out and fall in love.

This was the perfect book and it really got me into the Christmas mood! I loved Flora as a character. She was passionate about the holidays and had the perfect amount of quirkiness. I couldn't stop laughing at the sauna parts because they reminded me of when I traveled to Finland for work and was in for quite the culture shock!

This was my first Rebecca Raisin book and I can't wait to read others.