Good Night, Body

Finding Calm from Head to Toe

Pub Date 07 Feb 2023 | Archive Date 07 Aug 2023

Talking about this book? Use #GoodNightBody #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Bedtime can be full of big emotions for kids! Calm anxious, busy thoughts with this body scan meditation designed to help kids relax and prepare for sleep. This mindfulness practice will help children let go of the worries, stress, and excitement of the day as they reach their arms like a telescope, let their mouths hang like a hammock, dance their fingers like wind chimes, and listen to their hearts beat a reassuring cadence, "you're loved, you're loved."

From Britney Winn Lee, author of popular books The Boy with Big, Big Feelings and The Girl with Big, Big Questions, comes another powerful book for helping children navigate stress, form positive self-perceptions, and strengthen their hearts and minds. Good Night, Body echoes the comforting chants of Goodnight Moon as it leads children in greeting, moving, and relaxing each body part. With lyrical text and body-positive illustrations, this mindfulness picture book guides kids in connecting with who they are inside and out.

Good Night, Body: Finding Calm from Head to Toe is perfect for

• children 4 to 8 and their parents and caregivers
  • families who enjoy yoga and mindfulness exercises
  • children who need a relaxing bedtime ritual to smooth the transition from play to sleep
  • children who experience anxiety, insomnia, bedtime fears, and intense emotions

PAGES 40

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Thank you so much for the opportunity to get an ARC of this gorgeous book. I was filled with so much warmth and happiness while reading.

My only complaint is that this book wasn't available when I was a kid!

This is such a sweet little book with the most stunning illustrations, I had to read this through a couple times because I was so distracted admiring the artwork!

'Good Night, Body' is a lovely book aimed to help kids relax at bed time through a bit of mindful, meditation. I was very calmed while reading this beautiful book and even as an adult it was nice to have the reminder to take the time to acknowledge everything that you're feeling when trying to fall asleep and to say a nice little goodnight to yourself.

I also want to take a moment to thank the author and illustrator for the character diversity! I think every child will be able to see themselves and their friends through the art of the book which is so so important.

I think 'Good Night, Body' will be a bedtime classic for many (even though I'm not a parent, it's definitely going to stick in the back of my mind for when I do) and I cannot wait to recommend it to every parent I meet!

I am a Grandmother and while reading this book I found myself doing the different exercises. I wish this book was around with my children and when my Granddaughter was younger. We don’t realize the stresses of little ones during the day and these body exercises help get the wiggles, giggles and excitement of the day out. The illustrations are pleasing and colorful but not enough to stimulate children as the are reading. This is also a great way to teach little ones some of the body parts and functions. I highly recommend for any child,s library.

This book helps you to introduce your child to mindfulness by taking them through a full body scan. What this is and how best to present the information to your child is addressed in a clear and easy way at the beginning of the book, so if you're a beginner or trying mindfulness for the first time you'll know what to do.

I personally have had an active mindfulness practice for almost 3 years, and have been wondering how best to introduce my 5 year old son to mindfulness too. He's unfortunately never been the best sleeper, so when I saw this book I picked it up immediately, hoping I'd be able to help him sleep better while I introduced him to mindfulness. He really enjoyed doing the body scan and looking at the pictures-- before going to bed he even asked me if we would be able to read it again tomorrow night. I was happy to be able to tell him we can read it every night from now on.

The illustrations are light and airy, perfect for inspiring calm and a night of sweet dreams. My son was especially taken with one where a child is floating through the sky hanging onto heart-shaped balloons.

I'd recommend this to parents of children age 4 and over who are hoping to introduce their children to mindfulness, or just to make the transition to bed a little bit easier.

I will review this book on my blog and social media closer to release and update the review links then. I have already provided a link to my Goodreads review.