Graysen Foxx and the Treasure of Principal Redbeard

Pub Date 07 Mar 2023 | Archive Date 21 Mar 2023

Talking about this book? Use #GraysenFoxxandtheTreasureofPrincipalRedbeard #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A young treasure hunter must decipher clues, solve puzzles, and search his school for a long-lost chest filled with decades of confiscated toys.

Ordinary Elementary is anything but ordinary. Below the classrooms are winding, abandoned, underground passages filled with lost treasures. Fifth-grader Graysen Foxx, aka The Gray Fox—finder of secrets, solver of mysteries, and explorer of the unknown—is hot on the trail of the legendary treasure of long-since-retired Principal Redbeard, which includes a decades’ worth of confiscated gadgets, rare comic books, first-edition Pokemon trading cards, an original Rubik’s Cube, and a retro football handheld video game.

Graysen is determined to find the treasure and share it with his fellow students. His nemesis, Raven Ransom—a fifth-grade girl nicknamed “The Red Raven”—plans to stop him and claim the prizes for herself, just like she did with the game-winning home run kickball everyone thought was lost on the roof of the school.

Wearing his adventurer-iconic fedora, journaling in his field notebook, and wielding his elastic stretchy hand, Graysen is ready for action. But can he avoid the second-grade spy network working for Raven? Could the third-grade twins, Maya and Jack, give him an advantage? Can he avoid the ruthless sixth graders while trying to protect the innocent first graders? And who is the mysterious Midnight Moth who is leaving cryptic notes and riddles?

It's a battle between courage and cunning, smarts and shrewdness, charity and cheating. With the treasure on the line, can Graysen trust his rival—or is it just another one of her traps? May the best treasure hunter win!

Ordinary Elementary is anything but ordinary. Below the...

EDITION Hardcover
PAGES 256

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

this was a really well done story, it was a fun adventure novel and I was hooked from the first page. Graysen Foxx has a great spirit to him and he reminded me of why I enjoy Indiana Jones and those types of stories. The story itself was what I was hoping for and did everything I needed for. The characters are great and they work in the story.

“Maybe,” I said. “I’m starting to wonder if Principal Redbeard’s sudden disappearance, the missing toys, and the Midnight Moth’s clues are all related somehow. We could be walking into a danger greater than any of us can imagine.”

This book was fabulous! I read it out load to my kids and they loved every mischief filled page! We were all laughing out loud at times! I loved that the scenarios were humorous, but relatable to kids and there were so many recognizable pop culture phrases that the kids absolutely loved! We are definitely picking up more of this authors books!

I quite enjoyed reading this story from beginning to end. the riddles of Principal Redbear's treasure has always kept me curious.
It didn't stop there, the involvement of Graysen Foxx, his friends and his nemesis Raven in the search for the treasure turned out was ridden by one of the school staff who also wanted that treasure. So what exactly were that hidden treasures? Then where were they? Who did mastermind the searching for the treasure of principal Redbeard?
It was An adventurous and quite-exciting-puzzle-solving story. The element of friendship, co-operation, competition and jealousy in the children point of view that actually was interesting, but I still need more excitement in the story, such as challenges that should have made me think more.