A Practical Guide For How To Be Happier
by Donovon Jenson
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 25 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 26 Dec 2022
Are you happier now than you were last year?
Most people haphazardly chase happiness, guided by vague, empty platitudes like:
- Choose happiness.
- Happiness can only be found when you stop looking for it.
- Happiness is always within you.
These sound profound, but lack clear action steps. Results are inconsistent. How do I choose happiness? Where is happiness within me? This book shows exactly how to shape your mind for happiness, health, and wellbeing.
Readers can expect to:
- Understand happiness, how it’s produced, and how to increase it
- Discover a simple metaphor for how shaping your mind is similar to landscaping
- Master techniques for managing troublesome thoughts, negative feelings, and challenging situations.
- Learn how to link actions with happiness and purpose, then execute them
- Explore 100+ reflection questions and 40+ exercises targeted at increasing happiness
Mindscaping is not the one true path to happiness; it’s a framework for designing your path to happiness, based on well-researched and proven techniques. Happiness is too important to leave to chance. What’s stopping you from investing a few hours into learning the lifelong process for producing happiness?
"I loved the fact that this work wasn’t some catch-all philosophy and that it acknowledges that everyone’s landscape for happiness will be totally unique and pleasing to them, even if other people don’t ‘get it.’ As such, the frameworks laid out in every chapter take you on a step-by-step approach to find exactly what makes you happy, cultivate it, and let it grow.""