My Utmost for His Highest

A 90-Day Gift Devotional

Pub Date 07 Mar 2023 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #MyUtmostforHisHighestModernClassicEdition #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

It’s My Utmost for His Highest like never seen before! With approachable language and NIV Bible text yet retaining the voice of the original, this Modern Classic Edition of Oswald Chambers’s masterwork is sure to be treasured by longtime readers and newcomers alike. This beautiful 90-day devotional is the perfect gift for graduation and Father’s Day. Discover the timeless wisdom of this beloved author through a new authorized revision of the text.

PAGES 112

Send to Kindle (PDF)

I think that there is a place for this book. I would not part with the original version of this book.
Because this has been “rewritten” to be modern and for me rather simplified, I would utilize this for my kids. For example I would read the original version and have them do their own devotional using this book and come back together. That way we can marry the two together for a very rich family time. I think there is a lot lost in the modern version but the NIV verses and some modern language changes are perfect for kids.

I’d have received an ARC in order to review this book. All opinions are my own.

This book tends to be very legalistic. It is not an easy read for that reason. Some will enjoy this book , however I did not.

My Utmost For His Highest: A 90-Day Gift Devotional, Modern Classic Edition by Oswald Chambers. Book review.

In this updated book, the language is written to blend with the New International Version (NIV) Bible. You’ll notice this is a 90-day book and not the original 366 daily format. It’s a shorter version of the beloved devotional. Many will find this easier to read as the King James Version is replaces by the NIV. Yet, fans of the classic devotional might prefer the original writings.

As a fan of devotional writings, I do enjoy seeing the full Bible verse on the devotional page. This traditional format is helpful for a daily devotional experience.

I have gifted many copies of the 366 version of My Utmost For His Highest. The book is wonderful in classic or the new 90 day modern format. In either format, the authority in writing, discernment, and conviction remain timeless. A fantastic author for all to read!

I received an Advanced Reader Copy from Netgalley.

This updated version provides devotionals that are to the point and provide much to meditate on during the day and beyond. The 90-day format will allow the reader to repeat it fun to four times during the year providing their spiritual life with many challenging thoughts. As there are no dates indicated, the reader may start at any point during the year. Whether it is used for 90 days or 12 months, the reader will come away changed.

This book is an excellent devotional for personal use or as a gift.

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book provided by the publisher and NetGalley but the thoughts expressed are my own.

I requested this book for my own selfish reasons. I read this book many years ago but wanted to revisit it. I quickly looked through it but didn’t finish because I was expecting something else. While I love that this book has been updated, I forgot that every entry has a date. I wish there was a format that didn’t have dates. I know, like a devotional, it is to be read every day but sometimes I am not diligent.

I use this book for a daily devotional as a part of my bible study. I have bought and read two different copies of it. Obviously, Oswald Chambers was one of the finest Christian writers who ever lived. He has been gone for almost 100 years now. But still his writings are classic and faithful today, just as when he first wrote them. His understanding of the scriptures was simply wonderful, considering his young age, and the times in which he lived. And he not only talked the Bible and the Christianity, but he inspired and walked it also, giving his life in service to the British troops in WWI. Such a great tool for growing in your faith! One will not find a finer example of Christian writing than this, truly a great collection of works from which to learn.

I just reviewed My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. #MyUtmostforHisHighestModernClassicEdition #NetGalley. Thank Netgalley for an Advance copy for my honest review.