The Wisdom of Morrie

Living and Aging Creatively and Joyfully

Pub Date 18 Apr 2023 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #TheWisdomofMorrie #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

“Beautiful…Those lucky enough to read this book will be inspired.”—Deepak Chopra

From the eponymous subject of the beloved classic Tuesdays with Morrie comes an insightful, poignant masterpiece on staying vibrant and connected for life.

Who am I really? What have I done? What is important and meaningful to me? What difference does it make that I have lived? What does it mean to be truly human, and where am I on that scale?

Morrie Schwartz, the beloved subject of the classic, multimillion-copy number one bestseller Tuesdays with Morrie, explores these questions and many more in this profound, poetic, and poignant masterpiece of living and aging joyfully and creatively. Later life can be filled with many challenges, but it can also be one of the most beautiful and rewarding passages in anyone’s lifetime. Morrie draws on his experiences as a social psychologist, teacher, father, friend, and sage to offer us a road map to navigate our futures.

A great companion to Tuesdays with Morrie or the perfect introduction to Morrie’s thoughtful philosophies, The Wisdom of Morrie is filled with empathic insights, stories, anecdotes, and advice, told in Morrie’s reassuring, calm, and timeless voice. Let The Wisdom of Morrie be your guide in exploring deep questions of how to live and how to love.

A Note From the Publisher

Morrie Schwartz became an internationally renowned figure posthumously after Mitch Albom’s Tuesdays with Morrie stayed number one on the New York Times nonfiction bestseller list for five years. Before that he was a beloved professor of sociology at Brandeis University and cherished therapist at Greenhouse in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Morrie wrote on a wide variety of topics. He dedicated his life to helping people understand their relationships to society, other people, and themselves. His groundbreaking 1954 book (with Alfred Stanton) The Mental Hospital made him a superstar in the field of sociology, earning Morrie a full professorship as his first university position. Morrie was dedicated to social justice and valuing every human being.

Advance Praise

“The Wisdom traditions of the world all agree that our life is short and passes by like a dream. Unfortunately, most people are neither surprised nor grateful for their existence. This is a beautiful book that shows that every moment of existence is precious and adversity is part of our life’s journey. Those lucky enough to read this book will be inspired to higher consciousness in the midst of aging, infirmity, and the final chapters of life.”

-Deepak Chopra

Marketing Plan

• Major launch campaign

• Tuesdays with Morrie has sold millions of copies worldwide

• National television interviews and appearances

• National media and magazine coverage

• National print and digital advertising

• Lead showcase title at major bookseller and library trade shows

• Social media campaign

• Book club buzz mailing and promotions

• Goodreads and NetGalley giveaways