Finley

A Moose on the Caboose

Pub Date 18 Apr 2023 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #Finley #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

"Rules are rules” and wild animals aren’t allowed on trains . . . or so says Conductor Jones.

Young adventurers will fall in love with Finley, a friendly moose with a toothy grin who wants nothing more than to ride the rails across Alaska and beyond. Prepare for giggles when Finley finds a costume shop and tries to pass for anything but wild, only to have Conductor Jones see right through these disguises. Fortunately, Finley has something Conductor Jones doesn’t see coming - heart and determination – showing us all that there are some rules in life that are meant to be changed.

With illustrations that capture both the essence of Finley’s spirit and the magic of an Alaskan railway adventure, Finley: A Moose on the Caboose is certain to be loved by anyone who dreams of making what seems impossible, possible.

EDITION Hardcover
ISBN 9781957655031
PAGES 32

Finley is an adorable friendly Moose with a huge toothy grin. His dream is to ride the rails and have some exciting adventures while doing it.

Unfortunately Conductor Jones forbids wild animals to ride on trains because "rules are rules!"

Poor Finley is devastate but doesn't give up. He decides to don a myriad of costumes to try to disguise his true identity but Conductor Jones always catches him and tosses him off the train... after all, "rules are rules"!

Finally Finely makes a breakthrough and Conductor Jones is happy to lift the moratorium on that rule. It points out to the reader that some rules in life are meant to be changed. Good for Finley! His dream has come true!

The illustrations are amazing. They are colourful, expressive and full of humour. This heartfelt story encourages kids not to give up on their dreams and with grit and determination go for them! I love this book (especially the illustrations ) and I highly recommend it.

This story was absolutely adorable, with awesome illustrations. My kid was giggling at the costumes Finley wore to sneak onto the train!
Thank you Gnome Road Publishing for the ARC, I can't wait for it to be released to add to our library!

Thank you, Gnome Road Publishing, for the advance reading copy.

This is such a heartfelt book with amazing illustrations! I love the cover but I love the contents more!

It’s the story of a moose who wants to ride the rails so bad! Finley tries his best to be like someone who would pass as anyone but be the moose! But ultimately Finley gets what Finley wants the most! A story of heart and determination of course!

This is a really cute book with a moose who figures out that being yourself is really the best.

Thank you NetGalley for this ARC!

A cute story of Finley the moose who is determined to ride the train. Day after day he tries on different costumes, trying to get on the train. However, when a tree gets in the way of the train, Finley ends up saving the day.

Very cute story with very cute illustrations!

I will absolutely be purchasing this book for my daughter. The illustrations are wonderful. The story is creative and engaging. I love all the fun costumes Finley puts on which will allow for reader interaction. And the way the author includes noises of the train into the book allows for parents to animate their storytelling.
This is one of my favorites I’ve reviewed yet!

This book is adorable! Finley is so cute and the illustrations are eye-catching! I look forward to more from Spizzirri!

Finley will win readers’ hearts as he struggles to achieve his big dream. This moose never gives up. The beautiful illustrations bring Finley to life as a moose to root for. Great read aloud fo he picture book audience.

An adorable story that champions perseverance, Finley is an endearing moose on a mission. Charming illustrations bring to life Finley's emotional adventure to find his place at Talkeetna station, making it easy to cheer for Finley's success.

Sometimes, old rules should be changed for the betterment of everyone. This is the lesson given in this read aloud of Finley the Moose who only wants to ride the train yet keeps getting told that he can’t because it’s against the rules. But when an unexpected accident stops the train, can Finley save the day and change the conductors mind?

Thank you NetGalley and Gnome Road Publishing for allowing me to receive and read this cute children’s title in exchange for my review.

This is a cute children’s book. The illustrations are adorable.. Rules are rules and should be followed, but in some cases rules are meant to be changed. Stay true to yourself and stay positive and you can make a change where needed.

All thoughts and opinions are my own, and I have not been by anyone.

Finley A Moose on the Caboose is such a fun read aloud! The lilting language is filled with alliteration, onomatopoeia, repetition, and delightfully descriptive words which are perfect for little ones! I love how Finley waits for no one and decides his own fate. But that doesn’t mean its easy! Finley should be put in the dictionary next to the word perseverance. I love how the illustrations included speech bubbles and I think the color palette really suits the setting and story. For Moose lovers, train lovers, and anyone who loves a great story!

Finley is a creative moose whose determination and kindness are instrumental in his journey through this tale. I hope C. Spizzirri decides to write more stories of the adventures of Finley!

The illustrations are fabulous and enchanting! I love Finley the moose. He tries hard to be understood. He just wants to ride the train, just like everyone else! So he keeps trying (yes, in rather sneaky, sometimes suspicious, costumes) to climb aboard... but he always gets kicked off the train again. If only he could prove himself somehow...?

Overall, a super cute storybook. Would be happy to read again.