The Devon Bookshop

Pub Date 15 Nov 2022 | Archive Date 29 Nov 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheDevonBookshop #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

There are ghosts in The Devon Bookshop. Could there be angels? And witches? Matt is sure they don’t exist. Acacia knows they do. Matt’s dead aunt, Wiladelle, unhinged while alive is still unhinged, now dead and is set to cause problems for Matt and the people he cares about. Matt and Acacia’s comfortable lives are thrown into disarray as first ghosts, then witches cause upheaval.

Matt wants to bring order to the chaos. Acacia wants to protect the people she loves. Family, friendship and love will all be challenged as hostile witches appear one at a time, threatening everything Matt and Acacia hold dear. Luckily Acacia’s beliefs are very different to Matt’s and allies come forward to help with the battle. Are they up to the fight?

A Note From the Publisher

V.E. Hall was born in London, having lived in Cheshire, Devon, Canada then Lancashire, she is now ‘home’ in Devon again. Also, like Acacia, she is a transcriptionist, loves to read and drink coffee. Her interest in all things spiritual and magical allowed her to create The Devon Bookshop.

EDITION Ebook
PRICE £5.99 (GBP)
PAGES 344

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

I typically enjoy any story that is set in a book-related environment, such as a bookshop or library, and from the description, this book sounded very interesting. I thought the cover looked good too, so I was excited to be approved to read and review this.

I wasn't sure which genre this book would fall into, but I think I would describe it as dark fantasy. The setting and the characters came to life for me, and I found the book to be an escape. I warmed to all of the characters in some way, and they felt relatable.

I felt that the story ended in a somewhat ambiguous way, which left me wondering if there may be a sequel. If there is going to be a sequel, I would be interested in reading it. Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for my opportunity to read and review this.

What a great find! I absolutely loved this book and am so hoping that although the ending for this story was great that that may of been a little tease for a new book at the end! Keeping my fingers crossed.

WOW! What a great read. I truly enjoyed reading The Devon Bookshop.

Intriguing and captivating, and held my interest until the very end.

I must say I wasn't expecting this book to be as great as it is. I am so pleasantly surprised and enjoyed every minute of this read. There are ghosts, the past, the present, witches and so much more. Tis is a book that you just keep read until the very end as it is easy to just keep reading.

There are all sorts of things going on in this bookshop in Devon and both Matt and Acacia have differing ideas about these goings on. The characters in this book really came to life on the page and the descriptiveness drew me into the book as if I was there. I like that in a book!

I also love that the ending maybe leads to the fact there may be a sequel. How good would that be.
Thank you Netgalley and Matador. Loved it.

Well this was a unique read! I love books about books and stories that take place in libraries so I was excited for this one. There's a lot of the paranormal from ghosts to witches. I wouldn't consider it a creepy read, more of a Hallmark Horror. It's a nice read if you need a break.

I admire an author who starts her novel with half her cast of characters already dead! And even some of her living characters turn out to be witches, or wizards, or charmers. And one must not forget Tiger, the psychic cat, who is in my opinion the most endearing character in the book.
Set in the market town of Holsworthy, and the Cornish coastal resort of Bude, the author weaves a quirky tale of dark revenge fought with magic wands and ghostly apparitions, and a constant supply of cups of coffee.
If you are looking for an easy read that is a bit different this is the book for you.