Gwen & Art Are Not in Love

A Novel

Pub Date 28 Nov 2023 | Archive Date 12 Dec 2023
St. Martin's Press, Wednesday Books

Heartstopper meets A Knight’s Tale in this queer medieval rom com YA debut about love, friendship, and being brave enough to change the course of history.

It’s been hundreds of years since King Arthur’s reign. His descendant, Arthur, a future Lord and general gadabout, has been betrothed to Gwendoline, the quick-witted, short-tempered princess of England, since birth. The only thing they can agree on is that they despise each other.

They’re forced to spend the summer together at Camelot in the run up to their nuptials, and within 24 hours, Gwen has discovered Arthur kissing a boy and Arthur has gone digging for Gwen's childhood diary and found confessions about her crush on the kingdom's only lady knight, Bridget Leclair.

Realizing they might make better allies than enemies, they make a reluctant pact to cover for each other, and as things heat up at the annual royal tournament, Gwen is swept off her feet by her knight and Arthur takes an interest in Gwen's royal brother. Lex Croucher's Gwen and Art Are Not in Love is chock full of sword-fighting, found family, and romantic shenanigans destined to make readers fall in love.

“Fun and genuinely funny, with lovely friendships and first-rate dialogue. Gwen and Art may not be in love, but I fell for both of them.” - Rainbow Rowell, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Simon Snow trilogy

Gwen & Art Are Not in Love was exactly what I needed right now—a delightful, heart-warming, hilarious historical romp, overflowing with queer panic and terrible jokes. I loved it.” - Alice Oseman, New York Times bestselling author of the Heartstopper series

It’s been hundreds of years since King...

PAGES 352

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

I swear it seems like Croucher's books just keep getting better and better!

Gwen & Art Are Not in Love by Lex Croucher was a fun historical romance!

This exciting new YA queer medieval rom-com debut was just a ball to devour!
What a special retelling! I mean seriously how can you not love this book just by looking at this amazing covert art?
This time-period always fascinates me and Lex nailed it with her unique style and brilliant writing.
Her characters are sweet, brave, funny and so delightful. They were beautifully written.
A compelling and immersive read.
The story is paced perfectly and full of surprises.
A heartwarming and satisfying romance. That I could not have loved more.

"I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own."

Thank you to NetGalley and Wednesday Books for my ARC in exchange for my honest review.