Ghost Station

Pub Date 09 Apr 2024 | Archive Date 09 Apr 2024

A crew must try to survive on an ancient, abandoned planet in the latest space horror novel from S.A. Barnes, acclaimed author of Dead Silence.

An abandoned plant. A hidden past. A deadly danger.

Psychologist Dr. Ophelia Bray has dedicated her life to the study and prevention of ERS—the most famous case of which resulted in the brutal murders of twenty-nine people. It's personal to her, and when she's assigned to a small exploration crew who recently suffered the tragic death of a colleague, she wants to help. But as they begin to establish residency on an abandoned planet, it becomes clear that crew is hiding something.

And Ophelia's crewmates are far more interested in investigating the eerie, ancient planet and unraveling the mystery behind the previous colonizers' hasty departure than opening up to her.

That is, until their pilot is discovered gruesomely murdered. Is this Ophelia’s worst nightmare starting—a wave of violence and mental deterioration from ERS? Or is it something even more sinister?

Terrified that history will repeat itself, Ophelia and the crew must work together to figure out what’s happening. But trust is hard to come by…and the crew isn’t the only one keeping secrets.

Also by S.A. Barnes:
Dead Silence

An abandoned plant. A hidden past. A deadly danger.
...

A Note From the Publisher

For media inquires, please reach out to giselle.gonzalez@tor.com

For media inquires, please reach out to giselle.gonzalez@tor.com

Advance Praise

“A taut, twisting thriller that subverts every trope and expectation in all the best—and most terrifying—ways imaginable.” —Philip Fracassi, author of Boys in the Valley

“Barnes leads us step by step up a mounting staircase of dread, through horrors both real and suggestive.” —David Wellington, author of Paradise-1

“Fans of exploration horror will go wild for this creepy, pacey, and captivating novel…. Ghost Station will infect you.” —Ally Wilkes, author of All the White Spaces

"The best space horror since Alien.” —Gretchen McNeil, author of Ten and #murdertrending

“Barnes leads us step by step...

PAGES 384

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Phenomenal, unputdownable. I read this in a single sitting. It was totally enthralling and exciting. I really enjoy the way that Barnes writes. It keeps me turning the page, and wanting more.

I loved Dead Silence and was super excited to get an arc of Ghost Station. It took me less than 24 hours to finish. I couldn’t put it down. I enjoyed the characters, especially Ophelia and Ethan. I do wish there were just a couple more pages at the end with just a little more information, but it was a really good book. I can’t wait to have it on my bookshelf!

Holy shit I loved this book. It was so many absolutely wild things all wrapped up in one- space archeology, mass murderers, Kardashians In Space, space therapy, so many steaming hot messes. It was terrifying. I was holding my breath. I was also incredibly on board with watching someone who should Absolutely Not Be A Therapist try to be a therapist while shit hit the fan. So good.

While I thoroughly enjoyed “Dead Silence” by S.A. Barnes, there were some spots that I didn’t entirely love…but I enjoyed it to the point where I knew Barnes was headed places. It was a solid debut that nearly stuck the landing.

“Ghost Station” was just totally awesome. I read it in a day. The problems that I had with Barnes’ debut? Not in this novel. It’s a tight claustrophobic read. It feels like “Alien” meets “The Thing” meets slasher film. The landing stuck with this one.

I honestly can’t wait to suggest this one. I also honestly can’t wait to see what S.A. Barnes writes next.