Keto Like a Chef

Showstopping Recipes for Your Keto Table

Pub Date Oct 22 2024 | Archive Date Oct 14 2024

Talking about this book? Use #KetoLikeaChef #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Eat well, lose weight, and have fun with dozens of brilliant recipes to elevate your keto lifestyle and change the way you cook.

You think you know what keto is all about? Think again. Acclaimed chef Jason Raffin redefines what constitutes “good” keto food in this stunning cookbook. The food you use to fuel your body should taste amazing and be dressed to match. With finesse and creativity, character and joy, Raffin has created a new way to think about cooking and eating keto.

Filled with tips for method, technique, and presentation, this celebration of keto meals at the highest level is perfect for home cooks who are looking for something beyond the standard fare. Every imaginative recipe is designed to be easy to follow, allowing anyone to create restaurant-quality food from home—that also happens to be keto. Throughout, gorgeous photographs highlight the finished dishes as well as local farms and suppliers with whom Raffin frequently collaborates. With Keto Like a Chef, anyone can create food that excites the palate, delights the senses, and powers the body.

You think you know what keto is all about? Think again. Acclaimed chef...

A Note From the Publisher

Goodreads page:

Goodreads page:

...

Marketing Plan

• Social media campaign with original content, cooking videos,

keto how-to, ingredient foraging, and some surprise guests!

• Targeted influencer outreach and partnerships with well-known

brands, large cooking supply and home goods stores, celebrity chefs, and keto diet influencers.

• Goodreads activation and giveaway.
  • Author will leverage combined social media following of 25K to date.
  • Publicity outreach to major broadcast shows including Today and Good Morning America; publications like Bon Appetit, Men’s Health, and Shape; and cooking and health-related podcasts including Burnt Toast (Food 52), Keeping it Real with Jillian Michaels, and Dinner SOS.
  • Social media campaign with original content, cooking videos,

keto how-to, ingredient foraging, and some surprise guests!

• Targeted influencer outreach and partnerships with well-known

brands, large...

ISBN 9781959411567
PAGES 176

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Jason realized he wanted to be a chef at the age of 11, when he helped put fold dumplings with a bunch of grannies at Yank Sing restaurant in San Francisco. He learned about the keto diet from a chef friend in Hawaii, where he got stuck during the Covid epidemic and discovered his body loved keto and he showed his community spirit and helped to prepare and feed people after the Lahaina fire.

He gives lists of Key Ingredients for the recipes that include; animal fats such as duck, pork and chicken, Cruciferous Vegetables such as broccoli, bok choy, and cauliflower, Animal Skins such as salmon, chicken and beef, Keto Breads, Flours such as almond and coconut, Proteins such as meat,eggs and fish, Sugar Substitutes such as Stevia and monk fruit and Pickled Vegetables such as sauerkraut and kimchee.

You will need to read the recipes carefully and follow the directions to a tee to get outstanding cuisine!
The strawberry pancakes with strawberry syrup and whipped butter look fantastic and it is hard to believe they are keto!
The Rib Dry Rub for the Cola BBQ ribs looks fantastic, the photos in this book are very detailed and make the food look incredible.
The Glazed Pork is a masterpiece from the spices to the Pork jus to the finale.
Enjoy! You will need to find a farmers' Market, a meat market and a fish market to buy the freshest ingredients - then press on!

Really enjoyed looking at this cookbook, that included photos for every dish and getting some ideas from them. Though I admit I will probably not be cooking from it, as those recipes are really a chef's - time-consuming, needing lots of ingredients and many preparations.

The recipes here also ask for open-mindedness (I can really see a lot of Japanese influence in the book) and are for people not afraid to try new things.
Personally, I love trying new things! My young kids, not so much... but maybe later?

I especially liked the creativity of the chef and his drive for more exciting flavours, textures and something exceptional in American cuisine, a move away from sweetness. I often struggle with the sweetness of American food, so this is definitely a plus for me.

I recommend to curious foodies who like to explore and discover new foods, who like fusion cuisine, and who like those exciting modern restaurants where they re-invent classics with whole new ranges of flavours.

If you're thinking about trying keto, look no further than esteemed chef Jason Raffin's stunning new book loaded with tasty keto fare and incredible photos. Loved it!

Jason Raffin planned to travel in Europe but decided to first visit Hawaii. The year was 2020 and whileCovid regulations kept him there, he began several life changes. He stopped drinking and started the Chef Cooperative for Covid, raising money for local farms. He also experimented with Keto. This cookbook is the result.

Although you might be familiar with Keto diets, Keto Like a Chef, illustrated with breathtakingly beautiful photographs by Keith Schikore, is full of keto recipes with clearly written instructions that make keto look gourmet. If you follow a keto or are ready to start, these recipes will be a delicious addition to your diet. Organized by meal, you’ll learn how to cook a keto Cheese Soufflé, Egg Quiches, Cola BBQ Ribs, Burmese Salad, Tuna Poke Lettuce Wraps and more. My favorite is Lobster Chaud-Froid. With scales made of thinly sliced radishes and turnips, it looks like a work of art.

Tragically, the wild fires that devastated Lahaina in August 2023 destroyed Raffin’s home and business. He helped to feed volunteers and the homeless then helped form the Hua Momona Foundation. He is now their executive chef. 5 stars.

Thank you to NetGalley, Girl Friday Productions and Jason Raffin for this ARC.

If you are looking for a truly gourmet keto cookbook, this is it. Each recipe has a beautiful photo and nutritional information. These are more work than I honestly have in me but they seem exceptional and worthy of Top Chef or the highest end restaurant. The author is himself keto and clearly a very well trained chef.

I read a temporary digital copy of this book for review.

This is a beautiful cookbook. Having been Keto myself for several years, I appreciate that the author keeps it short on how to be keto. So the beginning portion of the book before the start of the recipes is short. Love that!

All that being said, this is not a cookbook for the novice/beginner chef. You definitely need to have some skills in the kitchen to make a good number of these recipes. I also found that some of the ingredients listed are not something I can easily find in my area such as lahpet for the Burmese Salad. There are also a lot of recipes that require more expensive ingredients like lobster which can be out of budget for the average person.

However, I can tell that these dishes have to be amazing. It’s also refreshing to see a Keto cookbook that doesn’t include a ton of recipes containing heavy cream and cheese as most that I’ve read in the past do.

If you have some skill in the kitchen, follow the well-detailed steps, I think you have a winner on your hands with this book.