Cover Image: Make Your Own Magic

Make Your Own Magic

Make Your Own Magic is a great intro into the world of witches. Lots of very helpful advice on where to start and what the journey may look like for you. Also, lots of little bits of wisdom and poetry worked in with Lovelace's signature style.

Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for providing me with an arc for an honest review.

I’ve devoured everything Lovelace has written before so when I saw that they were going to publish a kind of guide into magic, I was very happy and she delivered what she promised.
The book is, to me, very accessible and easy to comprehend. Everything is explained thoroughly and the way she does it makes it easy instead of complicated which is honestly refreshing. I’ve always been interested in “the modern with and magic” but there is A LOT of information and I kind of got overwhelmed but this book is just perfect!
The illustrations were gorgeous as always and quotes were spot on, they honestly never miss, and I am very happy that I have this little guide with me now since I feel a lot more confident to embark on my magical journey 🌟

This book is amazing! Beyond amazing! It is an incredible book about creating your own magic. It has daily rituals, seasonal inspiration and more. Absolutely loved this book!

This book is written entirely in lowercase. I looked forward to the book, but could not read it due to the fact that there is no clearly definable way, at a glance, to tell when a sentence begins. I feel that people with learning disabilities like dyslexia would be extra challenged to read this book.

Thank you to Netgalley and the author for the free copy in exchange for a review.

Make Your Magic: A Beginner’s Guide to Self-Empowering Witchcraft is an amazing resource for baby witches like me. I absolutely adored how easy this book was to read and how much information was in the pages. It is definitely one that I would love to have a physical copy of for my practice. I also loved how many different journal prompts and tarot spreads were in this book and helped to connect the reader to the material!

If you’re looking for something when you’re just starting out I bet this would be the perfect book. Lovelace has always had a way with words and this one is absolutely no different. It’s informative yet focuses on the emotion and message behind the practice. A great read!

This was a great simple introduction to witchcraft. It was more basic then many other introductory books in a good way. I liked that it had simple spreads for lots of things. The lack of capitalization was super annoying and I hope is something that wont be in the final edit.

A delightful resource for aspiring witches! But it also has a lot of empowering messages for anyone, even if you’re not interested in becoming a witch. I can’t wait to get my hands on a physical copy to see the illustrations in full color. Definitely not your average self-help book, and one I’ll keep on my shelf.

Thank you to Running Press and NetGalley for the review copy.

Pub Date: March 5, 2024

Amanda Lovelace is once again writing books that connect with the reader on multiple levels. This book is a nice way to learn about a simple practice without oodles of purchases or flourishes needed. This book was well organized and well written and it helped me refocus on why the practice itself matters as opposed to the flourishes.