Ideas, Influence, and Income

Write a Book, Build Your Brand, and Lead Your Industry

Pub Date 27 May 2018 | Archive Date Not set
Greenleaf Book Group, Greenleaf Book Group Press

Talking about this book? Use #IdeasInfluenceIncome #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A comprehensive guide to writing, publishing, and launching your book—and monetizing your content

​Are you considering writing a book to boost your visibility and credibility? Or just trying to figure out how to use the book you already have to build more influence and income?

No matter where you are in the process, Ideas, Influence, and Income is your field guide to using a strategic and successful publishing experience as the groundwork for a larger plan to monetize your content.

Designed for experts and thought leaders and written by Greenleaf Book Group CEO Tanya Hall, this book will teach you how to
•   Get clarity on your message and audience
•   Develop your manuscript and choose a publishing option
•   Build your author platform and presence through social media, publicity, influencer marketing, and partnerships
•   Launch your book with the bang that it deserves
•   Use the content you’ve developed to create new income streams beyond the book

These are the tools and strategies Hall has used to launch the 1000+ titles represented by Greenleaf Book Group, an independent publishing company that has made the Inc 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America list seven times.

A book is the holy grail of content marketing, and approaching it strategically from the outset ensures a return on the time, energy, and money behind it. Ideas, Influence, and Income is a must-have resource for authors seeking a smarter way to get the most out of publishing.

Marketing Plan

National trade marketing and sales campaign

National broadcast and print publicity campaign

Advanced distribution of digital ARC via NetGalley to reviewers, bloggers, journalist, libraries, booksellers, and media

Online marketing campaign including targeted and trade advertising

Watch for author and book updates at www.ideasinfluenceandincome.com

National trade marketing and sales campaign

National broadcast and print publicity campaign

Send To Kindle (PDF)

There are many books on why you should write books, how to position yourself in the market with a book and then how to make the best of that position by monetizing the content, but this book is decidedly one of the better ones. It is well-written, practical, offers plenty of excellent advice and actionable steps to accomplish everything. Highly recommended.

I’m not sure what prompted me to read Tanya Hall’s Ideas, Influence, and Income: Write a Book, Build Your Brand, and Lead Your Industry (Greenleaf, 2018). I have a hard enough time writing a few paragraphs about books for this blog. I have absolutely no desire to write a book myself. But I thought that some of my readers, especially those who want to promote their brand or company, might be more ambitious. If you are, Hall’s book is a remarkably useful guide. Yes, this book promotes her own company, Greenleaf Book Group, a hybrid publisher and distributor that offers the benefits of both traditional and self-publishing. But in the process it explains a great deal about the new realities of publishing and marketing. Start with the sobering fact that more than 800 books are published in the U.S. every day. If you’re contemplating writing a financial book, be forewarned that publishers are cutting back dramatically on titles in this area. (You may have noticed that the number of reviews I write has shrunk over the years. This, I assure you, is not from sloth.) So you’ll probably have to do all of the work yourself, not just write the book but see it through publication and market it. And expect to come out on the short end of the stick financially. Hall cites a survey of book-buying behavior that says that author reputation is the most important factor in a book purchase decision. So, she recommends, build your platform early through tweets, social media platforms, newsletters, blogging, videos, presentations, webinars, and articles. Become known to a wide audience as an “expert” in the field you eventually plan to write about. Connect with your potential readers. Only then do you stand a chance of having your book end up on some kind of bestsellers list. Let’s put it this way, Hall’s marketing suggestions only reinforced my decision never to write a book. But for those who are not deterred, Ideas, Influence, and Income is an informative read.

Excellent book. Helps author maximize their earning potential. A work that every writer should read.

This is the kind of book that's always good to check in with if you're a Writer seeking to build a brand or if you are brushing up on your skills. It's well written and covers a wide range of topics from the idea to publication and even way into sales, copyright and most of all owning the whole process. I loved the author's insights on publication, marketing and most of all on seeing an idea from the first to the very last stage. Writers, bloggers, artists, and creatives would draw inspiration from this book. I requested to read it off NetGalley because I needed writing advice and it's been a delightful read and very helpful on self publishing.