Can't Stop Thinking

How to Let Go of Anxiety and Free Yourself from Obsessive Rumination

Pub Date 03 Jun 2021 | Archive Date 01 May 2021

Talking about this book? Use #CantStopThinking #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Are you stuck inside your own head? Learn how to stop obsessing and start really living with this breakthrough guide. In today’s world, it’s easy to get stuck in an endless loop of negative thoughts. And if you’re like many people, you’ve probably tried to think your way out of one of these thought cycles, throwing more thoughts on the pile until you’re left with an out-of-control bonfire of anxiety, self-criticism, resentment, catastrophizing, and hopelessness. Attempting to stop your thoughts or replace them with positive ones is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Inevitably, you drown in a sea of unhappiness. Has it ever worked for you? If the answer is “no,” it’s probably time to find a real solution. In Can’t Stop Thinking, psychotherapist and spiritual counselor Nancy Colier offers the key to breaking free from the repetitive and obsessive thinking that is causing your stress, anxiety, worry, and unhappiness: change your relationship with your thoughts. Using a powerful blend of mindfulness and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), you’ll learn how to surrender your thinking mind, and end repetitive thinking, rumination, and self-criticism—freeing you up to discover a life of self-compassion, presence, peace, and joy.

Advance Praise

“In this delightful book, Nancy Colier shows very clearly how addiction to thought is responsible for most human suffering. Clearly our fundamental nature as awareness is intrinsically free of thought. Read this book and experience the freedom to create your reality.”
Deepak Chopra, MD, author of Total Meditation

“I, too, can’t stop thinking, and I’m a meditation teacher who’s been meditating daily for over forty-five years! But not to worry. In Can’t Stop Thinking, Nancy Colier helps us clearly understand how to loosen the tight grip of mental grasping and fixation which brings so much stress. She shares the secret of inner freedom and self-mastery to be able to do what’s good for us without self-imposed limitations.”
Lama Surya Das, the American Lama, author of Awakening the Buddha Within

“One of the most liberating blessings we can receive is the realization that we are not our thoughts! Can’t Stop Thinking reminds us that, as we learn to meet our mental stories with a patient, forgiving, and wakeful presence, we awaken to the mysterious and loving awareness that is our true home.”
Tara Brach, author of Radical Acceptance and Radical Compassion