Holmes's Complete Guide To Stop Drinking Alcohol

The Easy, Mindful and Pain-free Way

Pub Date 03 Jul 2021 | Archive Date 20 Oct 2021

Talking about this book? Use #HolmessCompleteGuideToStopDrinkingAlcohol #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Mark Holmes calls it the “easy, mindful and pain-free way” to alcohol cessation. You'll call it the best thing that ever happened to you. If you have ever dreamed of a better life, "Holmes’s Complete Guide To Stop Drinking Alcohol" will show you how to achieve the sober, clean and amazing quality of life you want and deserve. Utilizing tried-and-tested Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, which has helped millions achieve permanent sobriety, combined with the latest scientific research with over 300+ academic references, and ancient and modern mindfulness techniques, requiring no belief in a higher power, you will find it easy and painless to stop drinking alcohol. “Holmes’s Complete Guide To Stop Drinking Alcohol” teaches you :

* How to determine if you’re an alcoholic

* How you turned from an occasional drinker to a habitual drinker

* Why using willpower never works

* The major causes of relapse and how to tackle them before they happen.

It will show you step-by-step how to change your thinking from negative to positive whilst building self-esteem and nurturing self-compassion. It will give you the courage and confidence to redefine yourself and your world. “Holmes’s Complete Guide To Stop Drinking Alcohol” is the only guidebook you will ever need to achieve your sobriety dream and be happy permanently clean.

Advance Praise

"The book is a fact-based highly entertaining take on how to stop drinking alcohol using an easy, mindful and pain-free approach. It is highly practical and enlightens you on many techniques like assessments, tests, contracts, meditation, mindfulness and fact-based reasonings backed up by research findings and an extensive bibliography that ultimately gives you hope in your constant struggle to stop drinking alcohol. It also enables you to reach a state of total alcohol abstention and become a full-fledged teetotaler in the future. Inspired by Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), the book is a must-read if you want to totally abstain from drinking alcohol."" Independent Review of Books

ISBN 9798527919226

Send To Kindle (PDF)

This is my second read this month on how to quit drinking which is a personal goal for myself. The cover was good, and I like the idea of Holmes on the job and looking for an answer to this problem. What did I like? There is no tried or true method only what works for you. This book takes into consideration cbt therapy, mindfulness, and weaning yourself off slowly so you can recognize your triggers. It’s an interesting approach and it may work. It obviously worked for the author. Would I recommend or buy? If your looking for a way out of alcoholism then this book is worth a try. I have never been to an AA meeting but I know I wouldn’t like to get up in front of people. My Jekyll and Hyde personality is my reason to stop drinking. I’d recommend this book and I’m hoping it will help me. Thanks to the publisher and author for a peek! I received a complimentary copy to read and voluntarily left a review!

I read Holmes's Complete Guide To Stop Drinking Alcohol after receiving an advance copy on NetGalley. I read out of interest as alcohol is so prevalent in the personal lives and social lives of so many people. The book is easy to read, and well-researched with lots of additional references for follow up reading. It's packed with advice for personal reflection, and also thought-provoking discussion and about the personal and social pressures and motivations for drinking alcohol. I like that it offers resources and information for people, without judgement. There are references to mindfulness and other strategies, and in that ways it's like therapy in a handbook. It's aimed at providing a programme to eliminate drinking alcohol, but I think it's also an interesting read more generally on the relationship we have with alcohol at an individual and societal level.

Thank you to Netgalley for an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I have always been a believer in CBT and would like to cut down on my alcohol consumption so I found this book straightforward and interesting. Now to put it all into practice.

This book is full of helpful strategies to start and stay on the road to recovery from alcohol addiction. The self-evaluation quizzes were enlightening - they contain questions I hadn't previously considered when thinking about the effects of alcohol on the body and in daily life. Overall, this is a great book to guide readers to quit abusing alcohol once and for all.