We've all been shut-ins for more than a year, eating and drinking too much, exercising too little, gaining weight, sleeping poorly, missing our friends and family, and struggling to stay sane in the face of worldwide calamity. It's time to shout “enough!” and prepare for our impending liberation!
In this brilliant and timely guide to regaining control of your disrupted life, medical doctor and health coach Dr. Elaine Chin relies on the latest science and a wealth of clinical experience to help you assess and repair the lockdown's damage, detox and de-stress your body and your mind, and prepare to launch yourself into the post-pandemic world at your very best.
Practical, reliable, and packed with proven tips for improving personal wellness, Welcome Back is the guide we all need for healing and achieving optimal health in this critical moment.
A Note From the Publisher
“Ever wished your doctor would take the time to explain what is going on inside of you? Dr. Elaine Chin carefully and concisely outlines the impact of how we’ve lived during the pandemic, and examines the effect of COVID-19 on our bodies' systems and our mental health. But she doesn't stop there: Dr. Chin insightfully offers proven and realistic solutions to help us bounce back from our year of living dangerously. “
- Jane Francisco, Editorial Director, Hearst Lifestyle Group (Good Housekeeping, Dr. Oz The Good Life and Prevention)
“Welcome Back!, Dr. Elaine Chin’s inspiring and informative new book, will help us make sense of the best ways to work towards a better state of well-being. Dr. Chin’s passion, knowledge, and commitment to a multi-dimensional approach to health will have a great impact on our efforts to achieve a brighter health future for ourselves and our loved ones.”
- Rose M Patten, O.C., Chancellor of University of Toronto and Special Advisor for BMO Financial Group
"Dr Chin's book is a wonderful read that provides valuable scientific and medical information in an easy to read and actionable manner - it covers all aspects of wellness and what we can do individually to improve our physical and mental health on an ongoing basis. If you’re going to read anything about your health, this should be at the top of your list."
- Stephen Bear, Director Emeritus, McKinsey and Company
- Positioning for Fall 2021 previews & highlights with key trade publications
- Full-scale PR emphasizing reviews, interviews, features/profiles, and excerpts with major U.S. & Canada print, online, and broadcast media (health & wellness, lifestyle, women's interest, books)
- Focus on relevant special interest media (podcasts, blogs, magazines, quarterlies): self-help, health & wellness, etc.
- Pre-release ARC seeding with influential non-fiction critics, self-help bloggers, health professionals.
- NetGalley promotion & homepage feature
- Targeted advertising campaigns on Facebook, Goodreads and BookBub for Featured New Release promotion
-Select author appearances & book signing events in Canada and US
- Pre-order push and ongoing release promotion in Sutherland House Books newsletter and social media
Average rating from 7 members
Welcome Back is the comprehensive guide to getting back to life after the pandemic in an intentioned and optimal way for your overall health. The book is wonderful for approaching post-covid life with a planned and careful approach. Thank you to the publisher and to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.