Trent's Redemption

Mill Creek Mystique, Book One

Pub Date 10 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 15 Oct 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TrentsRedemption #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Can they face their demons and find love?

Trent Jacobs had everything he wanted in life until the flash of a muzzle ripped his world apart. Now he only has guilt. Permanently removed from fieldwork due to questionable events, Trent retires from the FBI. He retreats to the small town of Mill Creek, Idaho, to become the town sheriff.

Margaret King knows what it’s like to be alone and isolated. Losing her parents as a child was impossible, but the death of her brother damn near killed her. When a strange van appears on her street and her apartment is broken into, she turns to Trent, the only man she knows she can trust.

After Maggie shows up terrified and haunted, Trent’s guilt explodes. She makes him want things he doesn’t deserve, including her. As their past collides with the present, Trent is forced to face his demons to protect her. Or risk losing her.

Can they face their demons and find love?

PRICE

I am so glad that this book is listed as #1 of Mill Creek Mystique as I am already looking forward to book #2. Trent Jacobs resigned from the FBI after Dalton, his good friend and partner, was murdered. Hired as the sheriff in Mill Creek has allowed him to help people and given him time to heal from being shot. Dalton’s sister Margaret “Maggie” King arrives in Mill Creek when she realizes that someone has been watching her and had broken into her home. Does someone believe that Maggie has information about her brother’s last case? An exciting romantic suspense story that flowed smoothly as Maggie and Trent worked with his former FBI colleagues to find out who killed her brother. Although deeply attracted to Maggie, and she to him, he knew she was off limits as Dalton’s sister. Now, will she be able to convince him that they need to pursue their chance at love? I enjoyed the various “small town” Mill Creek characters, especially Clark (he has to have his own story). I received an advance review copy at no cost and without obligation for an honest review. (by paytonpuppy)

Trent and Maggie had a lot to work through. From his partner/friend’s death, who happened to be Maggie’s brother and best friend, to Trent icing Maggie out, to Maggie reappearing in his life, to their inability to ignore their attraction and the possibility of love, this was quite the ride. Maggie just had to stay alive long enough to determine if she and Trent really had a future together. This had quite a few twists, characters who appeared shady but weren’t and vice versa, and a bit of a surprise in the end. I really liked the lack of drama just for drama’s sake while still giving the suspense and danger that Trent and Maggie’s story required to hit all marks. Overall, this was a very good read and left me hoping for more. Maybe Aimee and Clarke have a story to tell next?

This book was okay. I don't think I would read it again, but I would definitely recommend it to a friend. There wasn't enough drama or issues between the main characters, Trent and Maggie for my liking but that's on me not the author. I like a character to work a little more for their happy ending. But I'd give it a high 3.5 rounded to 4⭐.

A romantic suspense I couldn't put down! I was hooked from the first few pages! Maggie is dealing with a deep loss when she finds herself at the center of some serious and dangerous drama. She goes to the one person she trusts in her life, even though they have a history. Trent has sworn to always protect Maggie at all costs. So when she comes knocking on his door, he's surprised to see her but takes her in without a second thought. As Maggie details what's happening in her life, Trent takes her under his wing and ensures she's safe. When things take a turn for the worst, both Trent and Maggie are left reeling with the drama in their lives but they also have to face the growing feelings they have for each other and determine if it's real or if it's the stress of their situation that makes them turn to each other. This was the first book I've read by this author and I loved it, this will not be the last!

Title: Trent's Redemption Author: Bailey Thomas Publisher: Champagne Book Group Series: Mill Creek Mystique Book One Reviewed By: Arlena Dean Rating: Five Review: "Trent's Redemption" by Bailey Thomas My Opinion: 'Trent's Redemption' was an excellent, intriguing read featuring Margaret [Maggie] and Trent. Those two had been through quite a bit from the death of Maggie's brother Dalton and Trent's FBI partner and friend. After many months we find that Maggie is reaching out to Trent because someone is shadowing her and has broken into her home. Does this have anything to do with her brother's last case, and do they think that Maggie has some information? As the story moves on, Maggie leaves her home in Dallas and goes to Mill Creek, where Trent is a sheriff, for help in this situation. Will these two be able to feature out what is going on? What will happen as they try to solve this with Trent's FBI colleagues just who killed Dalton? Will Maggie and Trent be able to ignore the attraction between them as they pursue another chance at love after all is said and done? Be ready for a good read with some mystery, crime, and romance. The well-developed characters, twists, and turns will not only keep one's interest but will keep the reader turning the pages to see what is coming next. Thank you to NetGallery and Champagne Book Group for reading your book and me providing my honest opinion of the book.

Engaging! Trent and Maggie have a tumultuous and emotional story full of drama, action and intrigue. I voluntarily read an advanced copy.