To Be Known

Pub Date 09 Nov 2020 | Archive Date 13 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #ToBeKnown #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

YOUR DEMONS KNOW YOU WON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT THEM

YOUR DEMONS KNOW YOU WON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT THEM

Advance Praise

"With solid writing, good dialogue, and an effective prose, you will enjoy this book from start to finish. I thoroughly recommend it. (Amazon Review)

You will want to keep the lights on while reading this chilling tale! That squeaky door that needs to be oiled, do it before you read the book, “To Be Known!” Your pulse will race as this story takes you on unforeseen twists and turns as the mystery is unfolding; be prepared to hang on tight.

Edward returns to his hometown to look for work. The family living in his childhood cottage invites him in, but something is amiss; raising questions for Edward about what has happened in his cherished childhood home?

I can't believe this is Justin Fields debut novel! He did a wonderful job on character development plus giving readers a unique story. I recommend to anyone who loves a good thriller or mystery, to add this book to your list. (Amazon Review)"

You will want to keep the lights on while reading...

ISBN 9781913545925

Send To Kindle (PDF)

Thank you Net galley and BooksGoSocial for the eARC. This was a horror book unlike others I've read, which was enjoyable. It starts off as a rather idyllic trip back to England for Edward Doyle ... he's lost his job in NYC and is actually looking forward to finally get away from that super busy city and visiting his boyhood home in the country before going to London to start fresh. He bumps into his good childhood friend (he even had a crush on her) and is invited to stay a while with her husband and daughter, as it was actually the cottage he grew up in. The dread doesn't really creep up until most the first third of the book and then it builds slowly but surely. Good stuff! The house is haunted by the past of the families who lived there and the aftereffects of war. Those are awful, not just for the men who fought, but for the families who they came home too. PTSD, hallucinations, unimaginable despair and thoughts of murder and suicide have permeated the walls of the cottage through the years, reverberating into the present. It's a good book and I thoroughly recommend it!

When Edward is laid off from his high profile tech job in New York he decides to start over by returning to his roots in England, beginning with Upper Dyrnan, his childhood village. Like most adults visiting the childhood village Edwards goes by the cottage on Holly Lane where he grew up. As always, the little cottage is modest and charming, a lovely little place that shelters the perfect little family. Edward soon realizes that the lady of the house was a schoolmate of his, he is invited to dinner and then to stay for awhile and a friendship forms between Edward and the family; Emily, Peter and 4 year old Lizbeth. Only Lizbeth realizes that there is a fourth resident in the cottage. Walter. Walter is her friend, he lives in her closet and teaches nursery rhymes to her. Like most "perfect families" we soon discover that there are cracks in the facade. Walter knew of the cracks long ago and he's here to protect Lizbeth. For some odd reason it seems that the families that have lived in this cottage have had deeper cracks than most. It's almost as is a seismic fault runs through the Holly Lane Cottage and tragedy, illness, alcholism, violence, PTSD, nightmares, dispair, anger all put stress on this fault to lead to ainevitable eruptions that are experienced by every family that lives there. Walter knows all of this because Walter is the common thread. The writing and storytelling is excellent. The characters are well rounded and fully developed. It takes quite awhile to get to the suspense, at least 50% of the book I'd say before you get there. The last quarter of the book is very edge of your seat reading. To Be Known is well written thriller. Thank you #Netgalley for allowing me to read and review #ToBeKnown.

This book was so good, i was completely gripped from start to finish and I couldn't put it down. The story was so good and the atmosphere of the book was so tense and full of suspense. I really enjoyed it.

Engrossing and entertaining! To Be Known shows us Edward Doyle who recently was aid off and in search of work and direction. He returns from the city to his hometown, a tight-knit village in the English countryside, where he is welcomed by the Suttons, the current owners of his childhood cottage. Community. Tradition. Family. Life is perfect here…or is it? What begins as a pleasant visit soon takes a sinister turn, as Edward realizes that the cottage harbors a dark past. Not only that, but the Suttons—and perhaps even himself—also have secrets buried in their own closets. Some they will battle in their minds. Some they may confront in the flesh…but at what cost? Great characters and edge of your seat reading!

YOUR DEMONS KNOW YOU WON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT THEM Edward Doyle, recently laid off and in search of work and direction, returns from the city to his hometown, a tight-knit village in the English countryside, where he is welcomed by the Suttons, the current owners of his childhood cottage. Community. Tradition. Family. Life is perfect here…or is it? What begins as a pleasant visit soon takes a sinister turn, as Edward realizes that the cottage harbors a dark past. Not only that, but the Suttons—and perhaps even himself—also have secrets buried in their own closets. Some they will battle in their minds. Some they may confront in the flesh…but at what cost? The more Edward discovers, the more his assumptions are challenged. Secrets cannot stay hidden forever. As the story builds toward its unforgettable, shocking climax, discover which ones are dying to be known… This is a brilliant read. Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start. Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believable. Great suspense and found myself second guessing every thought I had continuously. Can't wait to read what the author brings out next. Recommend reading. I was provided an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher. This is my own honest voluntary review.

This was a slow burn creeper of a book! The horror and suspense builds gradually and, before you know it, you're biting your nails and jumping at every little sound. But it's ok because that's just the cat... right?