After the Plague

Special 3-Volume Set

Pub Date 01 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 30 Apr 2022

Talking about this book? Use #imogenkeeper #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

From award-winning Imogen Keeper, comes a new gut-wrenching saga filled with danger, darkness, and insatiable romance.

This special edition set includes the first three volumes in one sexy, seductive, breathtaking story that blends romance, adventure, and hope into an unforgettable read. Fans of Laura Thalassa and Diana Gabaldon will love this Romantic saga.

99% of the population dies due to a strange unnatural virus, leaving 1%...

Advance Praise

★★★★★ "An addictive adrenaline rush with twists." -VineReader

★★★★★ "Heartfelt, sad and uplifting all at the same time. This story just keeps getting better and better -Reviewer" - MauiReader

★★★★★ "Top notch and faintly terrifying. Imogen Keeper has done it again! Frankie and Yorke are electric! I'm holding my breath for Book 3." -BookReviewer

★★★★★ "The ultimate sweetpea badass and utter book boyfriend." - Award-winning author Poppy Minnix

★★★★★ "I could not put this down till I finished. Frankie is so much more than she is giving herself credit for. She thinks she is not tough enough, but I see her inner strength." -GoodReads Reviewer

★★★★★ Do yourself a favor and go read books 1 and 2. You can thank me later, when you've laughed and cried and fallen in love with every single character in this incredible series. -GoodReads Reviewer

★★★★★ This book was simply amazing. Tensions run high, secrets are revealed, and a new hope is found. 5 complete stars from me for this awesome slow-burn post-apocalyptic romance! -GoodReads Reviewer

★★★★★ "An addictive adrenaline rush with twists." -VineReader

★★★★★...

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 0919102920210

Mindless Muse Publishing, Thank You😘 for this three set ebook copy! So I have to ask is Imogen Keeper doing a fourth book? Because I sure hope so! After the Plague is a set of three books in one! And its so damn good, I couldn't stop reading! This is the type of post apocalypse I can devour and that I did! Keeper added some romance in the mix and BAM we have a masterpiece here! Her characters Yorke and Frankie are realistic and flawed! This writing is something amazing, it's brilliant and compelling! Had me addicted wanting to read more! I couldn't get enough of the story. Its very well written and a plot that is so overwhelming with realistic, gut wrenching instincts to survive in this new world they are living in. If you enjoy a good apocalypse book.... You need to pick this up now! You will be so entertained, hanging on the edge will anticipation and loving every minute of it! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Thank you again Publisher, NetGalley and Author for the chance to read this amazing set!

A nice slowburn romance set in an apocalyptic world. It reminded me of Year One by Nora Roberts but without the magic. I got this arc in exchange for an honest review.

usually when i have more than one volume to read from a series, for me to go from one to another and simply read it all i need to be fairly in love... (my kindle has so many deleted volumes from series in which, i only read the first book and deleted the rest because it wasnt what i needed in the moment) and i must say that is what happened here, i felt in love, hard, from the first book until the third, i cried, laughed, the complete run, and quoting a sentence of this book, "someday, i'm going to die. I want this to be one of my last memories." i couldnt put it down, i know its not that big, but i read it in 3 days, and now i am sulking because i wanted to have the 4th book and so on... honestly this book after the plague is that good!! at least for me... because a book that make me cry at the death of a character or if it simply brings tears to my eyes, that means, that is deeply touching me inside, and Imogen Keeper is that talented in bringing characters to life... at first i thought that i wouldnt like frankie, she was the kind of person hidding from what was around her (this was her in the first chapter of the first volume), she has grown so much, brighter than the sun really... yorke like i said its the perfect man, he knows what he wants, and he knows, that he must be patient, and oh boy, is he patient?! much more than i could possibly ask for, even when he is passing a tought patch he is still himself.. ah i love him hahah ^__^ anyway this is the kind of story that makes my heart go thump thump, that i really needed to read and didnt know i needed... if you like post-apocalyptical stories, with people getting their strength back up and trying to rebuild their lifes, with diferent point of views, (you have a female point of view Frankie, and a male point of view Yorke) and the way they think the sound of their voices is diferent, loved that... there has some heat, and while for some people it wasnt enough, for me it was plenty ^^ thank you NetGalley and Imogen Keeper for the ARC, one that i sincerely loved <3, and i am leaving this review voluntarely

I looooved this book! I flew through it in 3 days and enjoyed every page. The pacing was wonderful, there was always somehting hapening, quite often i was sitting on the edge of my chair! (is that an actual saying or did i make it up??) At the beginning i thought it would be overly erotic but there was just the right amount of steamieness in it. I have already preordered book 4 and i cannot wait for it to come out soon!!!

99 percent of the population are dead from a mysterious plague. Only One percent remain to pick up the pieces. Frankie is part of the one percent, she has no skills to survive this post apocalyptic world but somewhere deep inside she finds the will to survive. I loved, loved, loved this series and I cannot wait for the next book in the series. I’m a sucker for post apocalyptic books and this has to be my favourite so far. Frankie is a great character, strong and resourceful. I really felt for her in the beginning, losing her husband and having nothing left to live for but each day she finds the strength to carry on. Yorke has all the skills to survive in this new world. He is trained to kill and survive. But with Frankie he has a real soft side. Imogen keeper is a great storyteller, her characters are likeable and are easy to relate to. The story flows at a good pace and for me has just the right amount of romance.

Thank you to NetGalley, Mindless Muse Publishing & the author for providing me with an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review! Going into this book I wasn’t sure how I would feel about the concept of a post pandemic apocalyptic setting, but it definitely intrigued me and I’m glad I decided to read it. I’m definitely glad volumes one through three are being released in one edition as I found the first part of the book a bit lacklustre and reminiscent of a prologue, but as the second and third parts progressed the pace picked up and I became quite attached to the characters. At the same time, I didn’t find the plot completely gripping and there wasn’t anything exceptional about the writing style so I have rated this 3 stars.

Hit home a little too much with covid. I was freaked out and it was hard to get through. I think this could be reread when covid has kind of dispersed and we’re not all dying. Not for the feint of heart.

I'm ridiculously in love with this series. This is the first three books, meeting Frankie, Yorke, Auden, and Beast-dog. We follow their journey from being hit with a devastating pandemic to navigating this post-apocalypse world and trying to find their place in it with strangers who become family. It's heart-wrenching at times because of the loss and relatable difficulties, and made me ugly-cry—which is no small feat. But there's also a consistent message of hope for what can come next in this new world. I highly recommend this read for lovers of pandemic, dystopian, and post-apocalypse fiction, as well as romance readers who like an enticing plotline and don't mind cliffhangers and slow-burns with steam.

This series was a wonderful journey. It was a perfect blend of romance, heartbreak,humour and action. I'm gonna be thinking about this for years to come.

This edition collects the first 3 volumes of the After the Plague series. If you want to escape the real pandemic and read about a future-set fictional pandemic give this series a try. It is non-stop, unputdownable entertainment. Recommended for: pandemic readers, dystopian fans that enjoy their apocalypse without zombies Content warning: threats of sexual assault, death, violence, kidnapping I received a digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I love love love dystopian, end of the world books, massive plague and war-ending the world as we know it books. Even now, after covid has turned everyday life on it's head, I still enjoy them. I wasn't sure how much I would until I started this great book. I realized that I had actually read sections of this novel previously when it was released as novellas. This new, improved version is much better. In AFTER THE PLAGUE 99% of the population dies due to virus. The world is practically empty and there is no way to communicate or learn more about other parts of the country much less the city. Background out of the way, we then meet Frankie, an everyday young woman (20's)l who is also strong willed and grieving as she searches for a television newscaster whom she saw on tv before the electricity went out. Joined by a darling young child, a wonderful dog and soldier, Frankie begins a journey through Washington D.C that is filled with adventures and upsets and a couple of interesting characters. True humanity is revealed as some take to arming themselves and preying on the week. The book is fast moving and filled with the ups and downs that you would expect in an odyssey. It's labeled as a "sexy thriller" so keep that in mind. To me, it was close to a young adult novel but very enjoyable, very believable and a great ride. If you like dystopia or end-of-the-world novels, you can't go wrong by adding this to your collection! #NetGalley #AfterThePlague

I LOOOOVE IT!!! It was such an amazing series, and I can’t wait for the next book to come out. It was the perfect mix of romance, heartbreak and action. It is the series that we all need to escape this pandemic and step into a new out-of-this-world pandemic that is similar to ours but at the same time totally different. In some points it hit a little too close to what is happening now, but overall, it was amazing. The whole time I was reading it I was at the edge of my seat just waiting to find out what happens next. I would really recommend this series for everyone who likes out-of-this-world pandemics with a little romance to spice things up. 😊

I really enjoyed these volumes. Im eager to see where the story continues from here, and what else happens. I like the lil smutty bits. Just a nice sprinkle here, and there. Nice character developments. Just a great job. Thanks! (I will be posting to good reads and my tiktok book roundup)

What can I say about this book except that I loved it. I am a fan of the post-apocalyptic novel and this one did not disappoint at all. The story written in a way that you feel like you are right there experiencing what out main characters are dealing with in their struggles to survive. I couldn't put it down and can't wait for the next book in the series. Five stars!

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the eARC. I didn't know what to expect from this book since I don't usually read post-apocalyptic fiction but I can tell you this didn't disappoint. The amount of tension and stress that went through me as I read these first 3 volumes is tremendous. I kept threatening the air while reading this, saying that if somebody died, I'd throw my kindle across the room (then I calmed down and realized that throwing my kindle would do no good). I look forward to having more stress-induced thoughts when I read volume 4!

This was a really enjoyable read and I’m grateful to have had the chance to review it with an ARC. These books tell the story of Frankie and Yorke, with the additional characters of Auden and Beast (my personal favourite) who become very important to the central story the further along the story goes. Over the course of the story the reader gets to see how a deadly virus plays out, from the early stages when it hasn’t quite had the full deadly effects on the world, to a kind of post-apocalyptic world that has been almost entirely destroyed by it. I loved how it played things out from a point before it had wholly effected the world to the after effects of a world that had almost entirely been wiped out by it. This was one of the strongest parts of the story for me because you get to see how terrifying it really is for people to endure, and how people go about surviving when it becomes clear this virus could take out most, if not all of, society. Frankie’s point of view for me was the strongest, as I felt there was so much character development for her and so much going on in her story. From losing one of the most important people in her life, to learning to cope with this and move on with what life she can manage. And then taking on the role of motherhood which she hadn’t expected or set out to do. Beast is the very important animal sidekick and I loved his presence throughout these books. And I was surprising taken in by Auden, a young boy orphaned and forced to move past this and learn to trust and love a complete stranger. Frankie and Auden’s developing bond was so pure and became such an essential part of the story. I didn’t enjoy Yorkie’s POV quite as much but I did enjoy the developing relationship between him and Frankie, as well as the little tidbits about his life and view that became so important later on. All together I really did enjoy this read and really want to see where it goes in the fourth part.

Thanks to NetGalley and Mindless Muse Publishing for an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review. 4+ stars End of world books remain my favorite, even after living thru Covid 19. After the Plague contains books 1-3 of the series (Broken, Lost and Found). I devoured the book and very excited that book 4, Safe, is already out. 99% of the world succumbs to a virus. Artist Frankie loses her husband and feels very unprepared for the new world order. Yorke is a highly trained soldier and has the skills to survive. They meet up and try to survive together. My very dry review is not doing this fast paced book justice. I got wrapped up in Frankie and Yorke's world and truly enjoyed it. I highly recommend this book.

A perfectly fine and entertaining dystopian romance-adventure. A very fast-paced read, from the moment I started reading this book, I couldn't put it down. I loved the premise, and finding out that the story is double POV only made me more excited. We get to follow the story through the eyes of Frankie and Yorke, who both have their own struggles before and after the plague. Here, I felt like the story could've been fleshed out more. Both characters felt a bit flat until the last third of this book, and even though I immediately liked them both, I never felt as invested in their story as I would've hoped. I found it a bit distracting that each volume was so short and was left wanting more. Individually each volume is too short for any significant character or plot development, but if thought of as one volume altogether, it makes more sense. All in all this book made me want to read more of Frankie and Yorke's story and see their relationship grow. The post-apocalyptic world is fascinating, but it all feels like a beginning rather than a fully fleshed out story. The whole thing ends just ad you feel there's some character and plot development happening, and I as the reader was left wanting for more, feeling like I didn't quite get the reward for sticking through the slow-burn and tension. I definitely want to read part four to see what happens and hopefully there will be more

“In a pandemic is that what dead people become? Trash that needs to be cleared away?” - Frankie “We might be dead. But we have this moment. And this moment is perfect.” - Frankie “So, I do the only thing that makes any sense right now. I lie down in the dirt on top of my dead husband’s grave, press my face into the mud right where his shoulder would be, and let the rain wash down.” - Frankie ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This story follow Frankie and Yorke as they make their way through a deadly virus that hits D.C. and the apocalypse that occurs as a result of it. This book is a collection of the first three volumes in this series. I highly recommend picking this up instead of reading the books separately. The first volume definitely reads more like a part one to a story than an entire book. Although the first volume was a little slow for me, the rest of the books definitely made up for it! Frankie struggles with losing her husband, Jimmy to the virus and Yorke struggles with being on his own while looking for his brother. Frankie is not wanting to continue on after Jimmy dies, but a dog comes up to her and she is compelled to follow him and help him. This event changes the course of her apocalyptic life completely. Yorke is also on the verge of not wanting to continue on, but he hears something that makes him determined to continue on. One of my favorite things about this book is Frankie and Jimmy’s relationship. The time you get to spend with them as a couple is amazing and the way you get to see how Frankie struggles with his loss breaks your heart all over again. Even though there is a good amount of plot in this story, this is very character driven. As a reader, you really do come to love all the characters in this story. I did not think I was going to like Yorke much in the beginning, but hear I am, rooting for him and Frankie. Another part of this book I love is Frankie’s relationship with Auden. You really get to see Both Frankie and Yorke change and grow throughout this book and it is incredible. I highly recommend picking up this book! I cannot wait to continue on with this series!

Thank you NetGalley for providing me with this ARC! In the age of the pandemic, I've shied away from the post-apocalyptic genre. Why add more stress when real life is dramatic enough? But Imogen Keeper's saga has reignited a waning interest in this category. "After the Plague" is set (temporarily) during and then (mainly) in the immediate aftermath of a devastating virus that wipes out most of the Earth's population. The survivors are then left to deal with what it actually means to continue living. We follow the stories of Frankie and Yorke, both lucky to be alive while others around them didn't make it. The pair are virtual opposites forced to do more than co-exist, if they are going to continue living "After the Plague." I liked this story. Its very fast paced, making it a relatively quick read, despite the heaviness of the topics covered by the plot. I find it interesting that we don't start after the virus has taken out most of the world, we see it happen in real time. With the use of first person POV, we as readers are limited to the actions and emotions of only Frankie and Yorke. I struggled with this particularly in the case of Frankie. She's kind of all over the place to point of it getting frustrating. I very rarely put down a book because of this, but I had to a few times with this one. Yorke is much more straightforward, but I started to like him more as the stories progressed. The plot as a whole was bogged down until it wasn't. For as fast paced as this saga is, most of the interesting bits are crammed in at the end of each volume rather than carrying throughout. We see and hear a lot, but most of it doesn't matter until the last two or three chapters. The simmering romantic themes are not as intense as I presumed a novel of this genre might incur, but what we do see is a mix of sexy and sweet. I'm definitely still looking forward to the next installment to see where things go.

Frankie is a fragile young artist, loved and coddled by her older husband. When 99% of the world's population dies of a terrible virus, she is left alone and terrified. A chance meeting with a dog and his boy gives her a reason to move forward. Yorke is a soldier with no real family connections, left alone without a mission. Together, they must navigate a changed world full of very real dangers. I really enjoyed this series, which is definitely a cut above the typical apoc series. The writing is complex and evocative, giving us a full picture of the characters, their emotions, and their reactions. While the plotline is fairly standard, the characterization and writing really elevate this series above the crowd. The author classifies herself as a romance author, but the book had plenty of action and didn't feel like "just a romance". I was excited to see that the new book in the series was recently released and have already put it on my Kindle! My only quibble is that it needs much better proofreading and editing. The copy I read was rife with typos, misspellings, and missed and misused punctuation. While I freely admit that I am a picky reader about such things, many of the mistakes were incredibly blatant (and I wondered that they were not caught by a simple spell/punctuation checker). I received a copy of this series from NetGalley in return for my review.

An incredible version of our late reality. I have enjoyed reading this. Such an emotional book for this times. The story behind the books has been captivating since the begining, always making me want more. Even if it has been tough to read at times, the writing has been encouraging me throughout all of it. The characters have been so sweet, and rough and sensitive, just like any other human, it made all the book believable. Sometimes even getting mad at them, but from the most human feeling towards them. I am waiting for the fourth book, I want to keep going of this amazing story until the end, and see, with all the humor and hope that has characterize this book, how it ends.

After the Plague : Volumes 1, 2 & 3 Kindle Edition by Imogen Keeper  (Author)  Format: Kindle Edition Thank you to Imogen Keeper, the publisher and NetGalley for the complimentary reviewer's copy. I am choosing to leave a fair and honest review. After 2020 and 2021, you'd think that we would have had enough of deadly viruses and the devastation they leave behind. Books like After the Plague, in all its dark and frightening goodness, prove us wrong. Set in the future, the world is dealing with the Australian Flu, a super virus that has a high RO because of the long incubation period and has an 80% death rate, all the things that our worst nightmares are made of. But the virus is never the point of these kinds of stories. Whether it be a massive war between good and evil, as in The Stand or a study of gender relations, like The Book of the Unnamed Midwife, the story is about the survivors. And this story is told through a variety of survivors. Frankie has a strong story arc. She begins weak, proper and dependent. We can see her change with her language. She's a very well done character that was a joy to know. She isn't alone as a character with a brilliant character arc. Yorke, a Major in the military who has come back to the US with the last people out of a German Base. He moves from distant and mentally cracked to the hero of the piece. Even the dog, Beast, gets a good story. All the characters are fascinating and make this story what it is. This book is very much character driven but the plot doesn't suffer. Part of the tension and terror of this new, dark and barbaric world is how real, how easily imaginable to world-building is. Everything seems so incredibly possible. From the lack of food to the corpses in cities to the 'villains' – be they a crazed Meth addict to politicians – every moment is possible. Clearly, Ms. Keeper spent some time in 2020 realizing that, indeed, things could have been so much worse. My only regret was that the books were so short. Reading them reminded me of The Girl Who Owned a City and Swan Song. This is that good. This series (this is a combo of the first three books) has real heart. It reminds us that most people are at their best when things are at their worst. 4 out of 5 https://www.amazon.com/After-Plague-Volumes-Imogen-Keeper-ebook/dp/B09KPZ3QD2

fter 99% of the population dies from the modern day plague (called the Australian Influenza), the world is changed. The remaining 1% now live in a world with no government and no laws. The majority have lost their entire family and are living alone, desperate, and terrified. Frankie has just buried her husband and feels completely lost. Frankie isn’t sure she has what it takes to survive in this new world until she stumbles upon a child, Auden, who is just as alone as she is. Fueled by strength she didn’t know she had, Frankie decides to find a safe home for her and the boy. It’s not long before their paths cross with Yorke, a former soldier who has lived a solitary life out of choice. Yorke is suddenly thrust into a world where he is now responsible for protecting a young woman and child. “After the Plague” consists of three volumes that detail the story of this found family in a new, dangerous world. Three strangers brought together by catastrophe suddenly find themselves in a family that they would do anything - anything to keep. Rising violence led by a mysterious group that has taken over the White House threatens everything they hold dear - but this time, Frankie and Yorke won’t go down without a fight. --- I love an apocalyptic story and I also love a slowburn romance. I didn’t know I needed a series that embodied both - but I found that in “After the Plague” and couldn’t put it down. I loved the characters of Yorke and Frankie - I felt that Frankie was very relatable. I often think how I would measure up in an apocalyptic event; I really have no “useful” skill. I liked that Frankie was an artist and not someone trained in hand to hand combat (or other physical skills useful for the end of the world) - she felt more real. I also liked how the chapters alternated POVs so that we could get inside Yorke’s more private thoughts. This allowed me to get to know both characters. I also appreciated how grief was portrayed. It’s not something you overcome immediately and that was communicated in the books. “After the Plague” consists of three parts: Broken, Lost, Found. Safe is the fourth part and was just released but was not included in this ARC from Netgalley. The author is planning on this being a nine book series with the next book already titled, “Home”. If you’re looking for a romance set in a post-apocalyptic America, you may love this series. It certainly helps that one of the main characters is Beast, an adorable collie (I certainly love an animal with personality!) Thank you to Netgalley for gifting me the ARC of the first three parts.

I came across After the Plague when I was looking for books to request on NetGalley, they provided it to me and I’m very grateful for it to them and also Imogen for writing it. I didn’t know what to expect from a series with a post apocalyptic scenario where a virus is responsible for the human (almost complete) extermination in a time like this when we have COVID roaming around. However, these books bring a message that could serve us all: hope. Hope that in the end, everything is going to be ok. I loved the plot, scenario and the characters (all of them from main to secondary). I’ve read some books with this theme before (ones written by really famous writers), but this series is my favorite. I’ll be reading the fourth installment next and you, who is reading this, even if you don’t believe me, just read the first chapter, and I’m sure it’ll captivate you as it captivated me.

Apocalyptic romance with very real characters was an intriguing premise. I loved that Frankie was a gal who wasn't military-trained for an apocalypse (which seems to always be the case in other books) that had seemingly zero skills to help her survive, but she gets braver in the series. Yorke was straight-laced soldier that softens as the books progress. I really enjoyed following their story story, but the first book would have been hard to handle if not for having the 2nd and 3rd book to follow immediately.

As a fan of dystopian genres, After the Plague by Imogen Keeper, was right up my alley. We've survived COVID, what's the worst that could happen now? Enter, the Australian Flu. This series is such well told, with in depth character development that truly makes you feel a part of it. Her style of writing and attention to detail makes you feel with the characters. Nothing has hit home quite like this series, and that's a great thing. I've described this as a COVID with 90% mortality rate meets The Walking Dead, but without the zombies. After finishing the first 4 of this series, I want to purchase a plot of land and start becoming a prepper. This is how realistic this plot is. My only dislike is that each book feels too short. I wish they were longer and more condensed into several as opposed to the estimated 9.

After the Plage by Imogen Keeper is a dystopian novel set after a virus sweeps the globe killing the majority of the population. Those that are left have to regroup and try to continue on. I loved loved loved this book and can't wait to read more. I wasn't sure what I was expected but it wasn't the heartfelt story of people coming together to fight for better. It was all made fairly believable with some good people and some bad but most fighting for what they believe is right, Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for this ARC in return for an honest review.

I am a fan of romance. But I feel like this book gave me something different. Something extra. Something I needed and didn't know. I give it 3. 4 stars. It wasn't bad. The pandemic, in times of pandemic, was a great plot. I loved how it refers to Covid 19.

Maybe not the best book to read while living in a real pandemic. Apart from that, the plot and the characters are well developed and I really enjoyed it.

Reading apocalyptic/ dystopian books after COVID sure changes someones perspective! This series takes place in the future with a mutated flu that kills billions. Most people do not survive, but some are “immune”. Frankie the main character is a painter who is married to a man who is 13 years older than her. There is also Yorke, who is a veteran from WWIII, who is a loner with the only goal is surviving. The first book “Broken” takes place in Washington DC, where Frankie and her husband, Jimmy, live. Frankie and Jimmy notice how down hill the city is going so quickly. As they are trying to leave Jimmy and Frankie are observed by an onlooking Yorke who is just back from Germany. Frankie and Jimmy can’t get out of the city but, plan to try again. However, as most great romances, it comes to an end when Jimmy gets sick. The second book “Lost” shows the reader Frankie finds a young boy and takes it upon herself to take care of this boy, regardless of her lack of survival skills. As time goes on she realizes she can’t take care of the boy alone. So they go into the city to look for survivors where they come across Yorke, who saves them from a group who is taking kids. Yorke ends up staying with them where they fall into a routine. One day while they are out scavenging house, the boy disappears. When Yorke realizes they are both gone, his skills kick in and he sets out to find them. In the third book “Found” follows Frankie, Yorke, and the song boy as they over come the events after the attack. Frankie think Yorke is disgusted with her but, is actually upset with himself. The young boy is so traumatized he won’t speak so, Frankie gets Yorke to take them to the abandoned library where they run into another group of survivors. One of the women in this survivor group tries to help Frankie mend the relationship with her and Yorke. I can't recommend this series enough! I received an Advanced Readers Copy in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions are my own.

Title: After the Plague Author: Imogen Keeper Genre: Romance, fantasy Rating: 4 out of 5 99% of the population dies due to a strange unnatural virus, leaving 1% grieving, scared, desperate, capable of anything, plunged into a world without laws, and no one to enforce them anyway. Frankie has zero skills to survive, but when she loses the love of her life, she discovers an untapped well of hope and courage inside herself – to find the others, the left-behind survivors who must now rebuild in the face of gathering clans, rising dictators, and everpresent danger. When Yorke, a lone soldier, who never wanted a family, finds Frankie, he has a single burning conviction: if anyone will make the rules in this strange new lawless world, it will be them. Before the apocalypse they were strangers. Now their lives will forever be entwined. I read all three of these stories—Broken, Lost, and Found—pretty quickly. I enjoyed both Frankie’s and Yorke’s points-of-view, as well as the characters themselves. This was an interesting dystopian viewpoint, too: far enough in the future to change daily life (like the prevalence of solar-powered homes so the characters can find one to stay in pretty easily), but not so different that the reader doesn’t feel completely at home. I’m also intrigued by what the red-haired woman who has taken over the White House is up to, so I’ll likely read the fourth volume in this series, Safe, very soon. Imogen Keeper lives outside of Washington, D.C. After the Plague is her dystopian saga. (Galley courtesy of Mindless Muse Publishing in exchange for an honest review.)

Thanks Netgalley and publisher for the opportunity to read and review. It was enjoyable read, but there was some rift between the romance plot and the post dystopian one. Somehow both don't mix. Once reading the summary one wouldn't expect the center of the story to be romance. The narrative itself was really nice and descriptive, which made it very easy to imagine the setting. I also liked the characters, although I really wished for more electricity and sparks between them. I am sure the same crafty skills in the narrative could be used for more emotional descriptions, especially when you center the plot around a romance. It was enjoyable read, but I would love to see the author use their writing skills in a new project where the setting and the main plot fit better. I tried to read while ignoring the virus and the conditions it created. Especially with the entire Covid crisiz.

Definitely a book of the times and one that needs a fair number of trigger warnings for our generation of reader - I felt like it held a lot of hope and healing in the story too though. The romance was great but I really loved how rooted in partnership and trust it was. I'm absolutely planning to pick up the rest of the story after this! CW/TW: pandemic, death, illness, gun violence, physical assaults

This is a post-apocalyptic fiction about a virus that kills most of the population and follows a widow, an ex-military guy and a child as they band together to survive. It hits almost too close to home during todays climate of the covid pandemic. But as the story unfolds you cannot help but root for the couple to survive. There's steamy romance scenes that help ease the severity of the situation. I loved the characters realness.

Describes as: "sexy, seductive, breathtaking story", I am still trying to get my breath back. All I can see is thank goodness I can already buy the 4th one! I wasn't certain exactly what to expect when I picked up this book but I am glad I did. I truly enjoyed the whole volume, such a sweet and amazing story and I am so glad I got to read it!

Well all trigger warnings due to the plague and dead people and family. I requested this from netgalley. It is a easy read, fast-paced, unique in some ways, very slow burn with some pining, hurt and fucked up shit. I think people who like darker romances will like this and enjoy it! It has a interesting bond but due to the pandemic stuff I will not be continuing. However this is a reflection of me and not the author.

This is the best apocalyptic series I have ever read! Such a heartbreaking yet inspiring story of surviving the unimaginable. A wild adventure from start to finish.

This book is beautifully written and held my interest. I'm usually read horror and/or viral apocalyptic books with more detail. I like to know every last detail of what is happening as it helps paint a picture for me. I am not one who usually enjoys any sort of romance in books; however, the romance in this series didn't seem out of place. The violence, sexual and/or otherwise was tastefully done, or at least as tastefully as one can depict such things. In the aftermath of an apocalypse, there would most certainly be violence, both physical and sexual in nature. It's nice to read about a heroine who handles situations with gusto and an assertive go get it attitude. I would recommend this book for anyone who likes post apocalyptic reading. I am partial stories taking place DURING an apocalypse, but enjoyed this series none the less. I look forward to the 4th installment.

The post-apocalypse fight for life is my favorite type of story for some reason. Not sure if that's a bad thing, oh well. This book had incredible pacing and low level suspense that kept me reading even while I did things around the house- I just couldn't put it down. The book description had me at the "end of the world" concept and I wasn't expecting the romance since I'm not familiar with this author. Love connections sometimes distract me from the story but this one was well meshed in and felt natural.  I noticed a few grammatical errors and some small nitpicky issues but overall this story was fantastic.

I haven’t read a post apocalyptic story in a long time, and this one was a great way to fall back into the genre. This book was fantastic from start to finish, and really kept my interest continually throught. Though it’s not my normal genre, very well done.

Note: Thank you to Netgalley & the publishers for allowing me access to this book in exchange for an honest review! My Review In my experience, most post-apocalyptic books are usually either terrible or fantastic. I am happy to say that this story is excellent! The Good Things 1. The main characters are dynamic and exceptionally well written. They are opposites, so things are kept interesting through the different perspectives.
 2. Although this is considered a dystopia romance, I feel like the story is a fantastic work of fiction that is much more in-depth than a mere romance. I dig the slow burn and the relationships in the story.
 3. The world-building fits a post-apocalyptic story, and the problems that arise are not too far-fetched in this hypothetical scenario.
 The Bad Things 1. I am giving it four stars instead of five because of Volume II. It wasn't my favorite, and I'm not sure if it's because I lost momentum or because it felt lackluster in comparison to the first volume.
 My Final Rating: ☆☆☆☆ (Goodreads) ☆☆☆☆ (Blog) ☆☆☆☆ (Amazon)

I received an arc for my fair and honest review. I didn't realize there was a fourth volume until I finished this and omg, I've gotta read it asap! I freaking loved this series way more than I thought I would. I love all things post apocalyptic, I loved the characters and I really felt a connection to them. It was fast paced, exciting, LOL funny, and I will be recommending After the Plague to everyone!

AAAHHH! Stop. Stop. Stop. I am genuinely surprised by this series… and must continue it! Post-apocalyptic fantasy romance is so hit-or-miss for me and I can’t believe I found a good one. I requested this arc from netgalley on a whim and I’m posting this review a couple of days later. I couldn’t put it down. Plot? Check. Characters? Check. Pacing? Check. Writing style? Check. Dialogue? Check. I’m so happy!

What a whirlwind! I love a good apocalyptic romance and how refreshing to find a well-written one that’s not about zombies. Frankie, Yorke and Auden’s story was a page-turner. I can’t wait to read their next adventure and find out more about Shasta! I love Imogen Keeper’s writing and am definitely along for the ride!

Beautifully written and quickly becoming one of my favorite authors! I thoroughly enjoyed how well developed the characters were and they were amazing! Get ready to be addicted from page one! And what a perfect time for this with the current pandemic we are living through.

I liked the way the story progressed. The author does a good job of keeping you interested in the outcome for the characters the entire way. The descriptions were good without being boring. The conflict was always there and you never knew what was going to happen next. I can't wait to read The next volume to see if everyone is ok and safe.

I couldn't put this book down until I read all three volumes and purchased volume 4 as soon as possible. Excellent apocalyptic romance full of twists and turns. I loved it!

This book was great! It hit a little close to home especially with this new variant of COVID. it makes ya think!