Serenity

Poems

Pub Date 01 Mar 2022 | Archive Date 01 Mar 2022

Talking about this book? Use #Serenity #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Soft spoken yet powerful, Serenity perfectly captures the constant battle of fear and courage that lives within us.

The seeds of Serenity were planted in F.S. Yousaf’s last collection of poetry, Sincerely. Struck by inspiration and overwhelmed by the response of dedicated fans, Yousaf wanted to continue this journey in a new collection. While tales of longing, uncertainty, and loss flow through each poem, Yousaf artfully captures the eternal question of how to face pain with courage and quiet resilience.

Featuring 140 poems and accompanying illustrations, Serenity is the perfect escape from daily life, helping readers refocus energy and kindness toward themselves and their cherished relationships.

A Note From the Publisher

We regret this E-galley is not available for Kindle viewing.

We regret this E-galley is not available for Kindle viewing.

the love this author has for their significant other is so apparent. i felt like it was embracing me, i felt loved in a way. this collection of poems was great. i’ve never felt this way while reading poetry before.
all these poems about growing together and separately as people were so beautiful. i also loved how it was a recurring theme throughout the way the lover always runs their hands through the authors hair.<3
my favorites were definitely your voice will have a home, change is needed, and a smile as bright as the sun.

The poems in this book is so beautiful and relatable. I made so many highlights. So many poems I want to go back and read. I smiled and even teared up a little reading some of these. I love when such things make you feel so connected and heard. I felt so many things reading this and I believe that that tells you a lot about it because it’s short. Poems about love and gentleness is correct “All the good in this world take time.”
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for a review copy of this beautiful book

Five stars - absolutely zero complaints.

Do you ever read something and think "okay, so we know our phones stalk us, but how did this book know exactly what I've been going through lately?" Because I just did reading this book. It didn't take long either. I was hooked from "All my life I've been searching for this - Acceptance & Love". Like, seriously? I feel attacked.

This collection is completely and totally relatable. I found myself having to pause, and reread some of the passages more than once on a number of occasions because of how completely relevant they are to my life right here and now. I'd recommend this for anyone, because I think feeling that longing of love (regardless of the type of love it is) is applicable to anyone. But for myself and anyone else in a complicated or long distance romantic relationship, I think this will shout to you from the pages.

I would compare this to the lovechild or middle sibling of Courtney Peppernell and R.H. Sin with maybe a splash of Yung Pueblo. If you liked any of their collections I would absolutely tell you to rush out and get a copy of this one.

How I missed Yousaf as an author despite my almost fangirl adoration for all things published by Andrews McMeel is astonishing. I'm definitely on way way to collect ever poetry book the man's ever written. Thank you so much for the advanced copy, and thank you to the author for these amazing poems.

(ps, the cover art is stunning. S T U N N I N G)