Sahar's Creation

The Monster Hiding Within

Pub Date 08 Dec 2021 | Archive Date 12 Jul 2022

Talking about this book? Use #SaharsCreation #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Sex, drugs, and a serial killer that takes his victims back to a cabin deep in the woods. What’s not to love?

Air Force Sergeant Evelyn “Mac” McGregor spends most of her time defending airmen who commit petty crimes. When she lands her first murder case, it appears to be an isolated incident—but the more she digs, the more bodies she finds.

She teams up with the handsome First Sergeant Gavin Hudson to have a better shot at catching the killer, but their relationship soon turns into something more.

When Mac’s career and personal life are sabotaged, she discovers that the killer will do anything to throw her off his scent. No one will believe her unless she can reveal the killer’s true identity. But that will prove an even more dangerous task than she expects. Will she be able to save the killer’s next victim and her career?

An unputdownable military thriller about a serial killer gone wild, Sahar’s Creation is the first book in the Sergeant Evelyn (Mac) McGregor series for mature adults. It’s an adventure full of murder, military, legal thriller with law enforcement and a touch of erotica and romance to keep things exciting. If you like fast-paced suspense that’ll keep you on the edge of your seat and female leads that never rest, then you’ll love this book/series by author Julie Bergman.

Advance Praise

"This book grabbed my attention and kept me turning pages. Highly recommend and look forward to more stories from this new author!

Being in the military I didn't expect I would be in love with this book BUT I WAS IN LOVE! Julie kept me at the edge of my seat wanting to find out more. It was mysterious and romantic. It made me angry, sad, and happy all at the same time. A must read if you haven't yet. I could read it more than once!

Ms. Bergman has built a world featuring a compelling plot and complex characters set against the foggy, beautiful backdrop of Spokane, Washington. I binged read the whole thing in one day and am looking forward to the next one!"

Being in the military I didn't expect I would be in love with this...

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Good book! This book was a little different for me?! It had the usual, suspense, intrigue, action, murder, A crazy serial killer and a bit of a who done it! It had a lot of violent gore and blood shed! It was a good suspense thriller! I will definitely recommend reading this book! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!

Except for being set in the military in Washington state, the plot isn't original at all. Still, the characters are good and the book is OK entertainment.

This is an excellent start to this series.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believable.
Great suspense and found myself second guessing every thought I had continuously.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

I was provided an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher. This is my own hone\st voluntary review.

A good military story. Who is kidnapping and killing women? Why do they look similar and why was Mac told to back off? During the story we learn Mac is fighting for her career as she is accused of being involved in the drug trade on base. Her mentor tells her to lay low. But she just can't stop researching. Her love interest gives her advise and some connections with the local police. A heart pounding ending! A shocking guilty person. Now that is what a call a fabulous ending!