Until You Find Strength

A Message of Comfort for When Your Grief Feels Too Heavy

Pub Date 02 Aug 2022 | Archive Date 16 Aug 2022

Talking about this book? Use #UntilYouFindStrength #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Everyone experiences loss differently and grieves in their own way, but author Jason F. Wright, has learned from his own life, and from counseling others, that there are key principles to regaining your footing and finding tranquility after a devastating loss. This beautifully illustrated book is like an extended sympathy card, helping to remind those who are grieving that they are never alone in their pain and heartache.

Long after funeral services, flowers, and cards, this book can be a more permanent and personal reminder that even in a difficult season of quiet, there are people who want to be supportive and are ready to comfort with just their presence and understanding in what the author calls the “new normal” as routines resumes:

“Life lumbers forward. Your new normal has arrived. The one you didn’t order. And we’re still here for you. We’re busy; it’s true. But we still think of you. . . . Even if we don’t call as often, or send that perfectly timed text, or knock on your door with hot cookies and warm hugs. We know your heart still aches. And we’re still here. . . . If the quiet is unbearably loud, send a text. If the tears are knocking again, and it seems impossible to survive another day, please reach out. Any hour. Any time. Any place.”

Send to Kindle (PDF)

What a sweet book, with such a great message. Great gift for someone who has lost a loved one. The illustrations were simple but peaceful and helped the spirit of the book get across.

Everyone grieves in their own way, no one's grief is the same. This picture book is more than a card, for someone going through those difficult days after losing someone.

I wish I'd had this book a year ago when I lost my beloved husband. However, even still, the advice is sound and Jason Wright's words profound. He not only has a way with words in his excellent works of fiction, but one can take comfort in reading this, as well. A great gift for someone who is suffering a loss!

This is a beautiful book. The strength it can give to those who are grieving is immense. I will definitely be using this book as a gift to anyone I know who has lost or nearly lost someone they love.

Sweet and succinct. Some good advice on the reality of grief and healing . I wish that at the end there were some resources for grief included. And maybe original artwork.