Miss Newbury's List

Pub Date 07 Feb 2023 | Archive Date 21 Feb 2023

Talking about this book? Use #MissNewburysList #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

England, 1820

Rosalind Newbury is counting down the days until her wedding to the Duke of Marlow, a man she has only met twice. The marriage is more an agreement between two families and less a romantic connection between two hearts, but Rosalind becoming a duchess will elevate her family’s status to dizzying heights. And the duke is a kind man who will care for Rosalind, even if he doesn’t love her.

She only has three weeks before her life changes forever, and she knows exactly how she wants to spend her days. As a child, Ros was inspired by her adventurous Aunt Alice and created a list of ten things to do before her wedding day. So far, Ros has done none of them.

She is determined to tackle each item, though she’ll have to accomplish them all in secret. After all, a soon-to-be-duchess is not usually allowed to bury treasure in the pasture, eat sweets all day, or learn how to swim. She enlists the help of her best friend, Liza, who brings along her cousin, Charlie, a prodigal son-turned-boxer who has come to the countryside to mend his reputation and learn how to be his father’s heir.

Together, the three of them work to complete the list, and as each item is crossed off, an unlikely friendship blossoms between Ros and Charlie. The more time they spend together, the more Ros falls in love with this imperfect man and his good heart.

With the wedding looming, Ros must decide to either admit her romantic feelings for Charlie and risk her family’s future, or keep her promise to marry the duke and start a new life as a noblewoman.
England, 1820

EDITION Paperback

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Miss Newbury's List by Megan Walker is a wonderful historical fiction that is a part of the charming Proper Romance series. I loved it!

I have always enjoyed every one of the Proper Romance novels, and this one did not disappoint. This is another English Regency romance novel that engages, entertains, and leaves one with a smile on their face throughout.

I love the threads of historical fiction, mystery, and even a few surprises, that were added to the gentle and slow-burn romance. I also love how Ms. Walker gives the main female character, Rosalind, is given a personality with strengths, hopes, desires, interests, imperfections, and has a mind of her own. I like how through this story, she is also looking within herself to find her sense of identity and future at the same time as finding happiness and romance. This isn’t just a traditional 1820s English romance, it is so much more.

I liked the full cast of characters and the cute concept of completing this list before her marriage. I won’t spoil this for others, but let’s just say that she surprises herself as the boxes are being checked…it is just too cute.

5/5 stars

Thank you NG and Shadow Mountain Publishing for this wonderful arc and in return I am submitting my unbiased and voluntary review and opinion.

I am posting this review to my GR and Bookbub accounts immediately and will post it to my Amazon, Instagram, and B&N accounts upon publication on 2/7/23.

Rosalind (ros) and Charlie made the perfect duo in this book. I loved how our heroine took control of her life, even in proper regency romance England. I love that she had a list of things to do before she got married, not a list of qualities to look for in a man. This was such a good twist on that. I had a list of qualities and was far to focused on that instead of living. I could have done so much more living instead.

Thank you to netgalley for an advanced readers copy. All opinions are my own.We

I love Charlie!!! What a great character. He is flawed yet perfect for Rosalind. He helps her discover her true self and what she really wants out of life. The list idea is brilliant. I loved seeing how Rosalind and Charlie completed each item on the list. Such a fun and romantic book. I would highly recommend!

I luckily got an ARC copy of this book and I decided to let it jump to the top of my TBR. I am so glad I did. This was such a sweet story of love conquering all and that family always comes first.

Miss Newbury is engaged to be married to a powerful handsome and wealthy Duke. She should be excited, but all she can think about is a list she made years ago that contains 10 things she wants to do before she married. Now time is running out and she must complete her list before it is too late. In comes the dashing Mr. Charles Winston, reforming cousin of her best friend/ neighbor Ms. Eliza Ollerton. Together can they finish the list before her wedding day?

This book releases in February and is now up for preorder. I definitely recommend this one!

#MissNewburysList #netgalley

I really loved this book! It was romantic, funny (it made me laugh out loud at parts), suspenseful, and beautifully written. Descriptive without being flowery or distracting. I love the characters that Megan Walker created. Lovely book that I recommend to any lovers of historical romances.

**I received a free copy of this ebook from the publisher via NetGalley. While I am grateful for the early access, my opinions and words here are my own--as always.**

Miss Newbury's List was so good. I could create lots of hyperbole here to describe the complete satisfaction I had while reading it and at the last sentence, but I won't. Just know this was an enjoyable historical fiction with a good dose of romantic attraction and tension.

Rosalind is the eldest daughter of a gentleman and lady who obediently agrees to marry the duke her father has arranged for her to marry. The alliance would elevate her family's social standing, ensure her safety and security, open doors of opportunity for her brothers careers and marital matches as they came of age, and allow her to wield heavy influence in society her whole life. Without a season in London to find love on her own, skipping the middle madness of the season's marriage mart to go directly to the desired end seemed an obvious best choice.

Perhaps obvious is not always best. Rosalind had more she wanted to do with life before becoming an almost all-powerful duchess of duties to all but herself. Inspired by an idea shared at the wedding of a beloved aunt by the beloved aunt, Rosalind creates a list of ten things to do before she marries. She thought she'd have plenty of time to do those things. But the aforementioned shortcut to the marriage wiped out all the time she had planned on. Time to get down to business. Time to rope a friend, Liza, and her visiting cousin, Charlie, into the adventure.

Ready, set, go!

I always feel a bit guilty when I inhale a book so quickly when I know took the author a long time to write the drafts and suffer through all the edits. But glory it was good.

This was so much fun. I was super tempted at the 60% point to read the end to reassure myself this was worth the emotional investment. But I didn't. I kept reading.

The ending was nicely done. I'm not sharing anything here. Just...thank you, Megan, for making it happen as it did. I loved every character that was introduced and the way they gave insight into other characters and prior plot points.

Seriously, I have high praise for the crafting of it, the characters, the settings, pacing, and conflict.

As usual, there was a supporting character not given much page time, but just enough that I was curious about their background and future. I've already asked the author to please write their story ASAP.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to rereading Rosalind's story more than once.

Stop it this book was so cute! Megan Walker wrote one of my top two favorite Regency romances ever so to say I was excited for a new book is a huge understatement! I am so happy to say I was not in any way disappointed. I absolutely devoured this one and enjoyed every moment. Charlie was so so so utterly swoony and sweet Rosalind - so much respect for her heart! I can't wait for everyone to read this one! Congrats to the author on knocking another one right out of the park!

Review with photo with be posted to IG closer to pub date.

This was absolutely delightful. The plot was well-paced and captivating from start to finish. The characters were charming and witty. I highly recommend this fun and quick read! Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy of the book.

A solid 3 1/2 stars.

Rosalind is engaged to be married to a duke, much to her family's delight and advantage.

After finding an old list she wrote when she was only 12, inspired by an aunt who was bold, she decides to do everything on that list with her best friend Liza's help.

Liza's cousin Charlie is staying with the family after getting in trouble boxing, and he gets involved in helping Rosalind accomplish the items on said list.

I think I would have liked it better if Rosalind would have updated her list instead of stubbornly following everything she'd written as a child. It would have been more meaningful.
It has some funny scenes and tender moments, and kept me interested until the end.

I received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley and this is my honest opinion.

No surprise, this new Megan Walker regency romance is fantastic! Megan is an engaging and entertaining writer and this novel does not disappoint!

Rosalind Newbury must do what is best for her family. And what is best is marrying a neighboring duke to unite their families. She does not love him, but she does love her family. Remembering her aunt's advise from year prior, she finds a list of ten adventures to complete before she marries. She gets her neighbor and best friend, Eliza, to help in her endeavors, but that also includes her friends wayward cousin, Charlie.
Charlie Winston, is running away from his family and duty. He does not want the responsibility that has been given to him following the death of his brother. There is no way he can live up to his brother's example. Charlie finds himself at his cousins home, who is trying to reform him, and meets the beautiful and alluring Miss Newbury.
Intrigued by her and her list of adventures, he agrees to help finish the list before her wedding day.

This is a sweet story of a young woman, trying to do her family proud, but feeling lost. A true feeling for many of us today, trying to be something we are not, trying to fit in, or just trying to fill our souls.
Rosalind is to marry a Duke, but remembers a list of things she made when she was 12 to do before she is married. She determined to complete that list. Ros is full of life and spunk, and feels the completion of this list will make her complete and ready to move forward with the life her parents want for her.
But sometimes our lives go down different paths, and experiences change us, as happens with Ros. Her excitement for life and adventure introduce her to new ideas, but can it all work out?
This is sweet, clean, and a good book on realizing what is truly important in life and of trusting family, because you never know...

This book was so great. I love Megan Walker's historical proper romances. They are well written with great Characters. I love the plot with Miss. Newberry trying to finish her list before she has to get married and in the process falls in love. If you love historical romances then you will love this book.

You know the Christmas movie Elf, when Buddy is shouting "I'M IN LOVE, I'M IN LOVE AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT?!" I feel like this is the perfect way to describe how much I loved this book. I adored Rosalind and Charlie, I love seeing their relationship grow and change. It was fabulous!

This book is a breath of nostalgia. Anyone who ever wrote a bucket list as a child can relate to Miss Newbury and her list of things she wants to do or accomplish before she gets married.

With her wedding date looming, Rosalind Franklin frantically for a list of things she wants to do before she becomes a duchess including learning how to swim and witnessing a scandal...

When I saw Megan Walker had a new book coming out, I jumped at the chance to read it as soon as possible. I couldn't have been more delighted with the story and the hours I spent within its pages. It's a beautiful story of redemption and self discovery wrapped up in a sweet love story!

I flew through this book in one day and was not disappointed!! Miss Newbury’s List is a sweet romance with vibrant characters and a steady plot that captivated me through the whole book. Character development is something that I often find missing or shallow in many historical romances, but this book does not fall into that category. The characters are not perfect saints, and show realistic personalities making Ros and Charlie perfect compliments for each other. This book is light enough to read after a long day, but also has depth and lots of heart and even some action! Highly recommend, will be keeping my eye on this author.

Thank you NetGalley for this advanced copy!

Such a sweet story. I loved this whole thing. The characters, the story and the writing. It was all very good. I couldn't predict what would happen. Charlie was such an amazing leading man. I just loved his need to help her with her list. This is a proper romance with some sweet kisses. I loved the growing love between them. You could feel it and see it unfold.

What a beautifully written love story. I love the idea of a bucket list before she weds. This story had me laughing, crying, and quickly turning pages to find out what was next. I Definitely recommend this one.

Miss Newbury's List was such a sweet read! I can't wait for everyone to get their hands on it! The Romance between Rosalind and Charlie is beautifully written and felt real. It's amazing what a silly list could do! All the silly and sweet moments that they have together make up for a wonderful story, a heart skipping romance, and a brilliant book!

Thanks to Netgally and Shadow Mountain Publishing for an advanced copy of this marvelous read.

This was a lovely book! I loved the concept of the list and it was so fun to read about Rosalind accomplishing each goal. The romance was so sweet! Also this is kind of random but I love all of the characters’ names haha Megan Walker is an amazing author who knows how to write the cutest scenes and compelling characters! Rosalind’s relationships with her family were so endearing. There were also so many scenes that made me laugh. If you loved Lakeshire Park like I did, definitely put this at the top of your list!

I received an early copy of this book from the publisher through Netgalley. I was kot required to post a positive review.

This utterly delightful! I feel Walker hit it out of the park with Lakeshire Park and her second novel is much the same Automatically making her an auto-buy author for eternity.
📝
Megan really packs a punch (pun intended) into my Proper Romance expectations. There’s a swoony hero, funny moments, such good clean chemistry that is completely satisfying, full story that was unpredictable. A few times I thought I’d need to throw my phone from reading the w-arc if things didn’t go how I wanted it too. And someone definitely needed to be punched! (@prone to read is rubbing off on me). 😂
📝
While having a list to cross off before Rosalind weds may be juvenile, she really is at the beginning of the book. She’s happy to follow through for her family which is commendable but by the end, she’s a young women who knows her own mind.
📝
I appreciated some “new” scenes in a Regency like placing the watercolor painting and eating the cheesecake.
📝
Thank you to the publisher Shadow Mountain and Net Galley for the e-arc. This book releases FEBRUARY 2023 and seems so long! I will definitely be buying the paperback. These are my own thoughts and opinions.

“Puglisists were not men of good standing, they were desperate men from the working class who risked their lives fighting for money and a moment of fame, not gentlemen with dimples in their cheeks and eyes that brightened when they smiled.”

When Rosalind Newbury was young, her aunt encouraged her to make a list of things she wanted to do before she married. With her marriage approaching, Ros began to feel uneasy, as though there was something missing or maybe she’s not quite ready to make this leap. So she resolves to finish The List. The only problem? Her best friend is occupied with entertaining her infuriating puglisist cousin for the summer and when the first thing Ros attempts to cross off her list nearly results in her drowning, she knows there’s no way she can do this alone.

So she recruits the infuriating puglists cousin (Charlie Winston) to help her, instead. Only Charlie is not the arrogant rake that first impressions seemed to suggest.

I loved every minute of this story. With my long TBR sometimes I lose sight of why I read and books become, ‘just another one to get off the list’. With “Miss Newbury’s List,” I made the deliberate decision to savor the act of reading and not just the act of pressing ‘read’ on Goodreads.
The result? You cannot imagine my dismay at how quickly the halfway mark descended upon me.

This story was an utter delight. There’s something about how Megan Walker writes relationship dynamics that just really *works*. Whether it’s between siblings, cousins, friends or family, the tensions and push and pull of their relationships were so tangible and ‘real’.

Charlie is the very definition of ‘looks like he could kill you, is a cinnamon roll,” (iykyk), and I absolutely adore the friendship that developed between him and Rosalind. I loved how they were able to be silly with each other one moment, and have deep, hard conversations the next. I’m sure I spent half the book grinning to myself. If Rosalind isn’t smitten with this puglisist, I sure am.

If you're looking for your next “cozy read,” this is it.

I was so wonderfully give this book from NetGalley for an honest review!

Oh My Freaking Word. This is everything. We have banter, charm, the regency era stuff, the gown, the romance. I loved it all. The writing was amazing and the plot was amazing. The main character, Rosalind, is so much fun and very relatable. I could connect with her and her family was so sweet. I loved Liza and Charlie had me sobbing over how sweet he was. Charlie is what ever women should look for in a husband- he funny, sweet, and cares about what Rosalind wanted. I loved everything about this book and read it so much quicker than I have been reading.

#MissNewburyslist #netgalley

This is my all time favorite book, the plot was so engaging and the characters were rich! I drew out my reading of this book because I didn't want it to end. I'm a major fan of Megan Walker and I'll read anything that she writes, she truly has a gift! I fell in love from the very first page until the end, I wish I could give this 10 stars!

This book was amazing and deserves all the stars! It was funny, charming and just so sweet. I wasn’t sure if this could top Lakeshire Park but I think it just might have. The chemistry between the characters just flew off the page. Megan Walker has quickly become an auto buy author for me and I can’t wait to see what she does next. Thank you Net Galley for the ARC of this book.

Delightful! I had high expectations after reading Lakeshire Park by this author, and I was not disappointed! I loved Ros and Charlie’s story. Charlie has such a good heart. And the friendships and family ties throughout the book were almost as good as the romance.

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an arc of this book! The review is entirely my own opinions.

"Miss Newbury's List" by Megan Walker follows Rosalind Newbury in her final weeks before she marries a duke 10 years her senior. It is her duty to do so to elevate her family's status in society. But, how can she marry a man that she doesn't know? How can she marry so soon when she hasn't even begun to live? She finds a wish list that she's created since childhood and is determined to complete the list and live a little before taking on responsibilities as a duchess. She enlists her best friend Liza and Liza's cousin Charlie, who happens to be a boxer, to help her complete the list. As their adventure progresses, sparks fly between her and Charlie which causes her to ponder if she should put her duty to her family or her happiness first.
-This book was a delightful and quick read. It was so easy to get caught up in the shenanigans of the characters and journey along with them on this adventure. I did find that I struggled a bit with the characters maturity, they seemed so young to be taking on such major responsibilities, but I know that is how it was in that era. The supporting characters were exactly that. This story was about Rosalind and Charlie, and as lead characters, they held their own.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a bit of Regency with clean romance!

This book started out slowly and was hard for me to get into because the characters didn't draw me in. It picked up about halfway through and I really enjoyed the last quarter of the book.

Megan Walker is such an awesome and entertaining writer! This story includes lots of wit, humor and swoon worthy romance. It took me a little bit at the beginning to get very invested in the characters. If this is the case for you please don’t give up! The more you come to know Ros and Charlie the more you will come to love them and root for their success!

I liked that the plot was unpredictable with some major twists and surprises! There was suspense and even danger. If you enjoy A Proper Romance this is a don’t miss read. Thanks to #NetGalley and #ShadowMountain for an advance review copy. Most of all thank you to Megan Walker for your great imagination in providing such entertaining stories. If you haven’t read it you will want read Lakeshire Park as well.

Megan Walker does it again!
Such a sweet love story! Miss Newbury’s List was a story I thought would be predictable - but I didn’t anticipate things happening the way they did! I loved getting caught up in Rosalind’s world and falling for Charlie right along with her. The romance in this book is sweet and satisfying, and will be right up there with Lakeshire Park for me.

Read it for the:
-humor
-sweet romance with great chemistry
-entertaining and original plot

I was late to work because of this book. I do not regret it.

I was drawn in by the tone of the novel. Walker’s writing style is refreshing, as she balances light-hearted moments with comedic situations, yearning, and angst -yet never sacrificing the romantic elements. This made her characters come alive and off the pages for me. I was pleasantly surprised by how the plot played out by the end, and it was difficult to keep the grin off my face.

Charlie and Rosalind were layered characters. Both with seemingly different outlooks on life and how your choices shape it, Charlie and Rosalind grow as people as the story progresses. Their romance was sweet, yet lacked no chemistry. I really liked that their relationship was paced and grew stronger organically. They were strangers with different opinions, to friends, and then something more. And I was all for it.
Charlie was an ideal hero. Estranged from his family and living a life that revolved around boxing, he comes off as irresponsible at first to Rosalind. But Walker works wonders again in creating a leading man that was noble, loyal, and swoon-worthy. Did I mention he’s a Boxer? Well, he is, so bonus.

Rosalind really grew on me. She was determined to provide her family with the best possible life they could have, even if that meant she marry a Duke she barely knew. She was selfless, but not a pushover. She was also witty and fun. Without spoiling too much, I will only say I was rooting for her and am so happy Megan Walker brought a fresh take to the engagement storyline.
Lovable side characters, a ‘things-to-do before marriage’ list, solid writing, and sweet romance, this is not one to pass up. I highly recommend.

Final Rating: 5/5

Thank you to the publisher for proving me with a complimentary e-book version of Miss Newbury’s List. The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

A beautiful regency romance, a masterpiece! Who wouldn't fall in love with Charlie and Rosalind?! Rosalind is about to marry a duke and feels the desperate need to complete a childhood list of things to do before she says I do. Charlie a man torn between what he needs to do and fleeing from it, finds a new friend in Rosalind and so much more! Highly recommend this story, your heart will will go pitter patter!!

So Rosalind is set to make an impressive match and marry a duke, thus elevating her whole family. Before she does, she has a list of things she wants to cross off a school girl list. Along for the ride are her friend Liza and Liza's cousin Charlie. Now I have to say, I didn't care for Ros or Liza through a good chunk of the book. I was like, these girls think they should be getting married? They seemed incredibly young and sheltered, afraid to do anything remotely unladylike, and stubborn in the worst way. I didn't think they should be contemplating matrimony for a good while. A game of pall mall was thrilling for heavens sakes. So Rosalind's growth through the story is really what this book is about. Yes, of course there's a love interest, it's a regency romance, but by the end, Ros has gotten to know herself and her wants and desires. When she stands up for herself, it's believable, and I felt like she had earned it. Charlie meanwhile is always likeable. First person narratives aren't usually my favorite unless it's a mystery. I like seeing the hero's perspective too, but in this it works, because Ros is the one who needs to grow and have the character progression. Oftentimes in this genre, the plots are, girl finds duke and gets engaged. This starts off there and then examines whether it's all the crack. Good premise, good execution, all around good stuff here. Somewhere between a 4 and a 4.5 for me. I received an ARC from Shadow Mountain and Netgalley for review.

Divine. Delightful. Romantic. Funny. Sweet. Lovely.

Just some of the words I’d use to describe @meganwalkers newest book! I adored every page! The love interest’s banter and tension were so good, and the side characters a delight. Did I already say delight? Well I’m doubling down on my delight! I couldn’t put it down and would definitely recommend to any Regency romance fans!

What an amazing fun exciting book to read. .. just a little different twist , and I couldn’t put it down ..
loved the characters and the story line. I could feel as if I was right there with them , doing the wish list ..
great book

4.5 STARS

This was such a comfort read! I purposely took my time at certain parts just to make the story last. I love first-person POV from the heroine's perspective, especially in regencies, and I loved the flow of this book.

The list did seem a bit silly at times, but I just laughed those bits off. Charlie and the tension between him and Rosaline were perfect. And the ending. *sigh*

Highly recommend for fans of clean regency romance!

*I received a complimentary e-copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.*

4 Stars!! Such a sweet historical romance with a friends to lovers spin. I loved the main characters, Rosalind/Ros and Charlie, and their families. Ros is engaged to a Duke and before she marries wants to do things on a sort of pre-marriage bucket list. She ropes her friend, Liza, and Liza’s cousin Charlie into helping. The one that had me laughing was the eating as many sweets in one sitting as she wants. That’s something I would have done and I loved that scene - so funny. A clean read with no ‘sexy times’, plenty of adventure, fights, attempted murder, blackmail and wrapped up with an HEA ending. Definitely worth reading.
*I received this at no charge & I voluntarily left this review.*

MISS NEWBURY’S LIST by MEGAN WALKER is an absolute delight, full of great characters, with a lovely story, and set in the English Regency period. This is the first novel I have read by this author and it most definitely will not be the last.
The beautiful Rosalind Newbury has caught the eye of an earl and has become engaged to the Duke of Marlow, who she has only met twice, and has made her parents and brother Benjamin ecstatically happy as they will gain status in society with her marriage.
Rosalind, encouraged by the list her aunt Alice worked through before she was married, makes her own list from one to ten which she encourages her best friend and neighbour Liza Ollerton and her battered cousin, Charlie Winston, to help her work through. She feels it is necessary to complete the list before she settles down as a married woman. Being an accomplished young lady, and in her preparations to succeed as a duchess, she acknowledges, “I’d been so focused on my accomplishments that I had forgotten my dreams”. She says that she has never felt so alive in her life as she is now as she pursues the dreams she has written in her list. She feels she is becoming wholly herself for the first time in her life, although she is concerned about all the lies she is telling her family.
Charlie Winston is a broken man after the death of his older brother. He soon gets caught up in Rosalind’s list and helps her to get over her fears.
Benjamin, Ros’s younger brother, is another delightful character. …..
I highly recommend Miss Newbury’s List as a most enjoyable historical romance novel
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Shadow Mountain Publishing. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

This book was great, I really enjoyed every last word. Rosalind is to marry a Duke but but first she wants to complete a list of things she wants to do before she is married. Charlie (who isn't the duke) helps her complete her list. Their friendship is just so cute. I will probably add this to my list of books to re-read. I enjoyed that much.

Loved loved this book! So sweet and just a delightful read. I love Ros and Charlie’s friendship - would read this again and again.

WOW. This book was another smash hit by Megan Walker! This book has EVERYTHING I love in a regency romance! I devoured this book. I loved the idea of completing the bucket list, I haven’t seen this done in a regency romance before! I will definitely be writing this book again soon!

Is being a duchess worth the cost?
That is the question Rosalind needs to answer and she is sure the answer is yes. With the marriage her social standing is elevated along with that of her family. She will have power, influence, wealth and security. Her family will gain power and influence. Everything will be as she and her family have ever wanted and love was never part of that equation. Only she is unsettled about the marriage that is fast approaching. Remembering her Aunt Alice and how she made a list of things to accomplish and experience before she was wed, Rosalind writes her own list and sets out to complete with the help of her friend Liza and Liza’s cousin Charles. With only three weeks until the wedding Rosalind is unsure if she can complete it or if it will bring the peace and acceptance of her future that she desires. Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the copy. This is my review and all thoughts are my own.

If you love the Proper Romance collection of books or clean love stories, run and get this book. It was such a fun and engaging read!

Rosalind has a list of things she wants to do before she gets married, some seemingly impossible in the three weeks left before her wedding to a duke she barely knows. She thinks completing this list will make her feel ready to sacrifice herself on the family altar for a title. ...But that's all before she meets Charlie, her dearest friend's wayward cousin. He rescues her from drowning and helps her with her list, all while challenging her to realize that completing the list will never make her ready to marry a man she does not love.

Charlie and Rosalind were such fun characters with amazing chemistry and sweet friendship. I loved how they encouraged each other to face their fears and failures. I also loved that the author included Liza, Rosalind's best friend, in the story as an important character and confidant. Often women in romances don't have close female friends, and I love that this story was the exact opposite of that. The end hints that Liza's story will be coming soon, and I will absolutely pre-order that as soon as I see it available.

I loved this book and had such a fun time reading it. I will definitely recommend to friends and anyone who loves a fun, clean romance.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion and review.

Miss Newbury has made a match to be envious of, before having even her first season. The problem is: she barely knows his intended, the Duke of Marlow, and she is missing the feeling of excitement that such a match would provoke.

She is sure that if only she completes this list of dreams she had before the marriage, she will finally make peace and become a glowing bride. She enlists the help of her best friend, Liza, and her cousin Charles, and slowly makes progress towards completing items on it.

It is heavily focused on the growing relationship between the main characters - no complains about it here. In some regency romances I've read - and I read quite a bit of them - I miss seeing the main couple having enough meaningful interactions to make me believe they are actually in love and not just infatuated with each other. That was not the case with this book, as you can easily see the sentiment growing between each other with each interaction. They are both likable characters, as are both their families, and very honest with their feelings. I can see where they were coming from when processing their feelings, and sympathize with their struggles. I could not dislike even the duke, who we actually don't see a whole lot.

If you like Regency romance, I would definitely recommend this book. Just make sure you start with time during a free day - I am super tired at work having spend the whole night reading...

I received an arc from NG and the publisher in exchange for an honest opinion.

Had a great time reading this book! The characters and their personalities are just awesome. The bucket list concept was something new I read in a regency romance so I was hooked instantly. The chemistry our leads had was great. Congrats to the author for a great book!

Miss Newbury's List by Megan Walker has everything I could have ever wanted in a proper romance book! Engaging scenes, heart melting moments, a little humor, and all the regency details that make the time period so interesting.

The author has this amazing ability to pull you into the story and make you want to continue reading until the very last page. From the moment I started reading, I knew I was going to fall in love with this story. Her characters have such depth and you can't help but feel every emotion the character is feeling. The love story between Rosalind and Charlie is so sweet and heartwarming. To be honest I didn't think there would ever be a couple that I would hold in such high regard as Amelia and Peter in Lakeshire Park. However, Megan Walker does it again and I love Rosalind and Charlie just as much!

Rosalind Newbury has agreed to marry the Duke of Marlow, a man she barely knows, in hopes of pleasing her family and elevating their status. When she unearths a childhood wish list, she makes it her mission to complete it with only three weeks to spare before her wedding. She enlists the help of her best friend Liza and Charlie (Liza's cousin).

Rosalind is such a kind and utterly selfless woman. She loves her family deeply, but her decision to marry has clearly left her unsettled. I felt incredibly bad for what Rosalind was going through. She was so deeply unhappy with her decision and I can see why she chose to focus on something other than her wedding. Charlie is the perfect man for Rosalind. He is so charming, adventurous, and kind. Though he has troubles of his own, he helps Rosalind to complete her list. They forge an unlikely friendship and a deep connection through their shared experiences. I loved their banter and teasing manner towards one another as well as their ability to share a vulnerable side of themselves. Rosalind and Charlie's story felt realistic and their connection genuine. And I can't help thinking about all of the sweet and swoony scenarios these two were put into!

Reading a book like this reminds me of why I feel in love with the whole proper romance genre in the the first place. I could go on and on, but really there aren't enough of words to describe how much I adored this book. It put the biggest smile on my face and made my heart happy.

I feel incredibly lucky to have had a chance to read this book. Thank you Netgalley and Shadow Mountain Publishing for my advanced readers copy of Miss Newbury's List in exchange for my honest review.

"Miss Newbury's List" started with a fun, unique premise: Rosalind Newbury is betrothed to a duke she barely knows, duty-bound to help advance her family's standing by bringing a title and noble connections with her marriage. Even though she feels like she should be happy, Ros can't help but remember the advice of her Aunt Alice: make a list of things to accomplish before she gets married and leaves behind her comfortable, normal life to one lived under the constant scrutiny expected for a duchess. She enlists the help of her best friend Liza, and Liza's disgraced cousin Charlie to help her finish her list of ten items. Things get complicated quickly, and even her best intentions go awry in pursuit of completing the list before the wedding.
A solid entry in the Regency romance genre, with a sweet romance suitable for all ages. It was entertaining and well-written, with engaging characters and an interesting premise. I did find that it dragged a bit through the middle, but not enough for me to stop reading. A solid effort, and a good recommendation for fans of Regency romance.

I loved this book the entire way through! This book follows Rosalind as she is preparing to marry a Duke, but first she must complete her “list”she created as a young girl. Partnered up with her best friend, Liza, and Charlie, Liza’s handsome cousin Ros plans to accomplish everything on her list before her wedding date. There were some really fun, playful scenes between Ros and Charlie and fun adventures throughout the whole book! If you love a good regency romance this should definitely move to the top of your list!

A sweet, well imagined tale of finding love when it seemed like the future was already mapped out…

Rosalind believes she is content with her engagement to a duke she barely knows— after all, it will assist her family immeasurably in society. But to help settle her feelings, she hunts down an old list she made as a child. Ten things she meant to do before she married. Ten things to reassure her that she’s lived her own life and enjoyed her own freedom.

When she tries to enlist the help of her neighbor and friend Eliza, she meets Eliza’s cousin Charlie— a young man with a troubled past and uncertain future who nonetheless shows glimpses of being a gentleman. Charlie, Eliza, and Rosalind form an uneasy trio as they check off items on Rosalind’s list.
Sometimes silly, sometimes sweet, the items on the list seem to draw Charlie and Ros closer and closer… even as Ros’ wedding day approaches.

This was a fun and very readable book. I think Megan Walker has a gift for describing scenes in a way that’s very easy to visualize, so that the pages fly by! First person narration is not my favorite, but this was a nice story.

Get ready to not want to put this book down. Finally a refreshing regency romance with a new story and plenty of swoon moments. The witty banter between Charlie and Rosalind will have you laughing out loud eithout meaning to. Such a beautiful story about discovering one's self, uncovering the best in people, and learing to follow your heart. I already want to read this again and what ever the author writes next!

Miss, Newbury's List by Megan Walker follows Rose as she embarks on one last adventure before marriage to a duke. She is trapped in an engagement she isn't sure she wants, she dreams instead of freedom and living in harmony with someone she loves.

Her adventure, alongside a best friend, allows her to do things she was never allowed to do, and boy are her reactions to get to do these things so heartwarming. I was constantly awwing. We later get to meet the best friend, Lia's cousin, Charlie....and the sparks FLY. They pierced into my heart, not lying.

Everything about them is just so CUTE and lovely. So darn jealous of them...and they aren't even REAL. UGH

Thank you so much to NetGalley, Meghan Walker and Shadow Mountain Publishing for this advanced copy.

This was a delightfully different story where Miss Newbury has a bucket list to complete before she is to marry a Duke that will benefit her family. She has a good friend who lives in the neighboring estate and her neighbors cousin. Together they complete the list of things to do before she is married.

This story was beautifully written with an aspect of fun that is sometimes missing. This is not a typical Regency as we are not going through the season and she is already engaged.

The bucket list itself is creative and daring and definitely written when she was much younger.

The story leads to an ending that is unexpected and yet expected, but it is hard to know how it is going to get there with the strictures and rules of society.

Megan Walker's follow up to Lakeshire Park is refreshing and new. She can find a story in a way that has not been told and it is delightful; I highly recommend this and plan to buy it at my first opportunity.

I received an eARC from the publisher through NetGalley and this is my honest review.

It was worth the wait for another great read from the author of Lakeshire Park. The premise didn't grab me at the first, but the characters did. Rose is engaged to be married and thinks completing her bucket list before she gives her life away to her husband will allow her to start married life feeling fulfilled. My worldview approaches happiness and fulfillment differently and kept me from fully engaging with the plot. Although the HEA was fully expected, I didn't know how it would be reached, and I enjoyed the process of discovery and how consistent the characters were with themselves and the period while surprising the reader. It was nice to see Rose and Charlie choose character over their personal feelings and actually be respectful and even submissive to the rules of propriety. I was invested in their relationship and enjoyed the journey.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the publisher. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

Well if this isn't just a delightful historical romance romp! I stumbled upon this one during a random visit to NetGalley and that cover just hooked me. I mean, how stinking beautiful is that?! It’s beyond gorgeous, and if my magpie brain hasn’t snagged on it I might have missed out on a truly lovely adventure and romance between Rosalind and Charlie.
As always huge thanks to my pals at NetGalley for the arc, thoughts below are my own!

I’ve read a lot of historical romances in the last two years, and so far I’ve found few that have melded wit, swoons, heart and a great plot together while torturing my heart the right amount. Well friends I am happy to say that Miss Newbury’s List hit all those points and more for me!

Rosalind is engaged. To a Duke. To a Duke that really wants a small plot of land her family is in possession of. She’s agreed to wed to not only appease this Duke but by marriage ensure her family becomes titled and is set up for many future generations. There’s only one slight problem: she’s having major second thoughts. With a small flashback to favourite Aunt Alice and the titular list, Rosalind (Miss Newbury if you’re proper) is resolute. She’s going to complete all the things her heart desires before the inevitable: her upcoming marriage.

We pretty quickly meet Charlie, a ragamuffin if ever there was one, and soon these two are forced together to work through this list. There are so many great moments throughout this book. There’s daring rescues (from Ros AND Charlie). There is caretaking. There is some extremely hot knuckle grazing hand holds. The hero gets clocked in the face by an expert punch thrown by the heroine. There is binge eating, and then regretting your life choices. There’s that letter. And there is the deep heart smashing joy of finding the love of your life through it all.

I was expecting more of a stressful AF love triangle, with the set up of her already being betrothed, but happily I can report this one is a low angst, low spice (just kissing), love story that lived up to its gorgeous cover. Great for fans of Anne Gracie, Sabrina Jeffries and Amanda Quick, Miss Newbury’s List is bound to hit you in the feels and have you cheering along as Ros and Charlie complete her list and find each other along the way.

Be sure to grab your copy of Miss Newbury’s List wherever you get your books, when it hits stores February 7th 2023.

4.5/5

Ahh! I so enjoyed this book! Rosalind was a little silly and perhaps naïve. But she was fun! And I LOVED Charlie. He was such a good character! I loved watching him fall in love with her even before she realized her own feelings. I appreciated how they were both able to work through their challenges together and help one another. Just so sweet and so fun! I loved it!

*I received an ARC from NetGalley and all opinions are my own*

This book immediately gave me Jane Austen vibes with some Anne of Green Gables type hijinx thrown in. It was a delightful, sweet story. Now I’m hoping for a book about that couple at the end!! 😉
Thanks to NetGalley for the arc!

I never get tired of the Proper Romance collection by Shadow Mountain Publishing. Each story is unique and reminds me of the absolute pleasure it is to read stories that our beloved Jane Austen would be proud of.

I loved this story of unexpected love.

Rosalind thinks she knows what she wants in life and is committed to doing what will bring her family happiness and honor. But when she enlists the help of her friend and her friend's cousin to help her complete a list of tasks she is determined to complete before her marriage to a Duke, Rosalind discovers that maybe, just maybe, what she really wants from life is to love and be loved.

I think what I loved most about this story was Rosalind's family. I loved her commitment to her family and her relationship with Ben but mostly I loved how they rallied together in the end.

I enjoyed the relationship between Ros and Charlie and how they seemed to bring out the best in each other. To be with someone who you can be completely and truly yourself with is beautiful. I loved the changes in Charlie and how raw and honest he was about himself.

The story was engaging and fun. The characters were endearing and loveable.

Megan Walker has delivered another Regency must read with this one!

I think my expectations were too high going into this book.
Let's be honest, I always have pretty high expectations when I read a regency/period romance.
Because I've read SO many, I'm not usually easy to please.

basically, it had some swoon worthy and lovely moments but nothing that really inspired me.
I can see why a lot of people will love this, but it just fell a little flat for me.

WHAT I LIKED:
-The atmosphere and setting were lovely and well written
-The main characters were lovable and fun.
-It started out strong and I was hooked by the 3rd chapter
-The romance moments were sweet and adorably tender.
-LOVE a good masquerade ball moment.
THESE QUOTES:
"I'm not as good as you.... I'm a mess."
"The sacrifice of integrity for liberation."
"...It is the attempt, the strokes we did not mean to make, that leave us with unexpected beauty."

WHAT I DIDNT LIKE:
(These will seem very vague, but I can't go into details without spoiling it)
-The characters were lovely but didn't have enough depth for me.
-There was a dramatic moment towards the end of the book that I felt was thrown in simply for dramatics.
-There was a super cheesy moment for me that I didn't like.
-I felt like there were some missed opportunities.
-The resolution to conflict at the end felt rushed and one sided? this one is harder to explain. haha!
-There's a moment towards the end that is supposed to be huge turning point and I'm sorry, but it fell so flat. I think this is what really disappointed me.

This comes out February 2023 and if you generally like regency romance, you'll probably like this one.

Thank you NetGalley for the ARC!!

Characters - 8
Atmosphere/Setting - 9
Writing Style - 6
Plot - 6
Intrigue - 7
Logic/Relationships - 7
Enjoyment – 8
Total: 44

Divided by 7 = 6.2 (3 stars)
1.1-2.2 *
2.3-4.5 **
4.6-6.9 ***
7.0-8.9 ****
9.0-10 *****

**Review will be published February 2nd, 2023 on my site and socials**

BEAUTIFUL.

Oh this is one of my favorite regencies of the year!! Just add it to the list now because it is faaaabulous. I LOVED IT SO MUCH.

I tend to struggle if the main character is in a relationship, but somehow Walker plotted this out in the best way possible. I was easily drawn in the right directions. The Duke can GO.

But Charlie? HE CAN STAY. I am smitten with that man. He was utterly adorable, sweet and kind. I loved the addition of pugilists as part of the plot and how committed he was to helping Ros complete her list. All of the antics they got up to just brought a smile to my face. And there’s a BALL. We all know those are my kryptonite.

There was even some intense action!? I was GLUED to my screen, holding my breath waiting for the next moment everything would be okay. I can’t get over how well this story was told. Everything unfolded at the right pace with the scenes lined up exactly as I hoped. Even that ENDING, with her family?! It was such a unique breath of fresh air to the genre where the family members are sometimes the worst. The support and love that Ros was surrounded by definitely brought some tears to my eyes.

READ IT. LOVE IT.

Overall audience notes:

Regency Romance
Language: none
Romance: kisses
Violence: medium
Trigger/Content Warnings: knife violence, loss of a sibling (off screen, recounted), grief

Megan Walker is magic! I had previously read Lakeshire Park, loved it, and was eagerly awaiting another book. Miss Newbury's List did not disappoint! I was immediately sucked in to the story and couldn't put it down. The writing is superb and flows so well. I really appreciated that there is NO choppy conversation, repetitive phrases, unbelievable dialogue, or frustrating miscommunications. The story is touching and sweet. It is of course a clean book, but has all the right chemistry and feels. If I could ask for anything in the future from Megan, it would maybe be a dual point of view book because I was dying to know what was going on in Charlie's head. All in all, I 100% recommend this book to all lovers of regency romance!

This was such a delightful, charming book. I absolutely loved her first novel, Lakeshire Park, so was eagerly awaiting the release of her second novel. It did not disappoint! While it’s hard to top Lakeshire Park, I really enjoyed Miss Newbury’s list. Charlie and Rosalind were SO fun! I loved how the friendship developed in the beginning and than later into love towards the end. The banter and playfulness between the two characters made this book. And the ending was so very swoon worthy! Not to mention the author demonstrates so well just how flawed and not perfect people can be. Shadow mountain is becoming one of my favorite publishers for their proper romance books. They have some of the best regency romances that are guaranteed to be sweet and clean reads that still make you feel all the emotional feels. Thanks to netgalley for the early Arc. Was thrilled to get to read and review this one!

I am a mom of 3 young children and I stayed up till 5am to finish this book and I don't regret it one bit. It was absolutely perfect and wonderful in every way.
Miss Newberry A.K.A. Ros (love that nickname) is engaged to be married to a Duke who will bring a name and status to her family. Ros is resigned to her fate but desires to finish a bucket list of sorts before she gets married. She enlists her friend and her friends cousin Charlie (a boxer estranged from his family for a time) to help her complete the list. Charlie is stubborn and cocky at first but he becomes utterly charming and helpful by the end. Walker wrote the most beautiful slow burn romance into this book and I believe I will read it often. So many sweet moments... I loved the scene at the cliffs of the sea and also the picnic of sweets. It was all so witty and Ros and Charlie really complement each other well. Loved the resolution to this book. I expect this one to fly off the shelves. I would give it 10 stars if I could.

If historical romance is a favourite genre, this book is for you! This book was funny and charming. Sure to draw you in.

Rosalind Newbury is engaged to be married to the Duke of Morrow. In less than 2 weeks her life will chance forever. She remembers her Aunt giving Rosalind advice at her wedding to make a list of things she's always wanted to do and do them - before she marries. So Rosalind decides now is time and finds her list from years ago, discovering that all of them are things she still want to complete. She convinces her best friend to help her, but she's in charge of watching a trouble making cousin, Charlie, so he happens to come along on the adventures. As they make their way through Rosalind's list, she starts doubting her marriage, and obligation to her family, particularly as she gets to know Charlie better and understand that he may just be misunderstood. A real friendship, and romance, is starting and Rosalind has to decide what she really wants.

#indigoemployee

I had a lot of hopes and expectations for Miss Newbury's List because I LOVED Megan Walker's first book, and let me tell you, she did not disappoint!
This story felt so fresh and original! Not only did this book offer us a beautiful slow-burn romance between Rosalind and Charlie, but we also got a story of Rosalind learning to live out her dreams and finding herself before marriage. And Charlie is THE sweetest and is also working through so many things in his life. Charlie is working to overcome his past while Roz is taking hold of her future! This book was very real and relatable!
I loved the friendship that blossomed between Roz and Charlie and then how it turned to love! Again, very real and heartfelt! I also loved the adventure and suspense at the end of this book! Very gripping and well written!
This book was like the sweetest warm hug and I enjoyed it immensely from beginning to end!

Megan Walker is a wonderful writer, someone I always recommend to my friends just beginning their foray into regency romance. I thought Charles and Ros made a great couple and loved the way they were characterized. Many moments were simply swoon-worthy! I know I will be recommending this book to many of my friends in the coming months.

4.5 stars! I really enjoyed this book. I didn't get into quite as quickly as I liked, but Miss Walker's writing is engaging, and it was a fun premise. I was also curious how things were going to be arranged in a satisfactory way. Well done, Miss Walker!

A light, predictable historic romance. The story was sweet, though Ros at times felt a little naive, even considering her somewhat sheltered upbringing. It was a quick, enjoyable read. I particularly liked the refreshing (though quite possibly anachronistic) support of her family.

This was SUCH a delightful book! The premise is so fun - that Ros wants to complete a "bucket list" of things she wants to accomplish before her arranged marriage to a virtual stranger.

I loved everything about it - the list, Ros and her personality, the chemistry between Ros and Charlie, and the adventures they have while working on the list. It kept me turning pages the whole time!

I highly recommend this one to anyone who loves clean Regency romances!

Thank you to NetGalley, Shadow Mountain Publishing, and Megan Walker for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for my honest opinions!

With marriage to a duke she hardly knows looming in the very near future, Rosalind Newbury rediscovers a list she made as a child that she wants to fulfill before she marries. She enlists her friend Liza to help her and ends up with a second helper—Liza’s cousin Charlie.

Rosalind and Charlie are wonderful, engaging characters, and I enjoyed seeing their relationship evolve from strangers to friends and more. I also enjoyed seeing Rosalind grow more independent and realize what she wanted from life. Although the ending is somewhat easy to guess early on, the author did a great job of keeping my interest and giving a bit of a twist to the ending.

I recommend this to readers who enjoy clean and wholesome Regency stories. I’m looking forward to more from this talented author.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy from Shadow Mountain through NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

There are few things better than cozying up to a regency romance on a sunny Sunday afternoon. As a long-time fan of Megan Walker, I was excited to read her newest book while sipping a sweet, sweet beverage and lounging in a hammock and friends, this one did NOT DISAPPOINT. Excellent characters, swoon-worthy romance, the right amount of intrigue to keep you invested page after page. Megan writes romances that make you wish for things you can never have, like being born 200 years earlier to a modest household that neighbors the land of a hot, rich Duke. Overall well worth the read, and can't wait for what she puts out next!

:: Miss Newbury's List ::
By Megan Walker

Thank you to Megan Walker and Netgalley for gifting me this e-ARC in exchange for an honest review!

This was absolutely delightful!  The characters were so enjoyable and had so much depth. I loved Ros's journey as she figures out what is missing in her life.

Charlie was such a hunk! And I loved that all he wanted to do was help Ros accomplish her list. But along the way realized he needs something to change in his life too.

The chemistry between them was slow burning, suttle, but undeniable. And I was wrecked with torment anticipating how their HEA would come about.

Make sure this book is on your list!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Romance: kisses

Miss Newbury’s List is a total triumph! Rosalind is a bold, secretly adventurous young lady who is forced into an engagement with a duke…but her heart wants to follow a different path.

Things I love:
- Charlie! We love a tall dark and handsome hero…especially one with a heart.
- Rosalind. Anyone who tries to find themselves in a world that restricts them constantly is a heroine in my eyes.
- The prose. Megan Walker is a terrific storyteller. This book is beautifully written.
- Depiction of the value of family.

Needs improvement:
- Nothing. 5 stars.

5 stars
I will definitely be reading this one again and soon!
The "bucket list" device in this novel worked so well. I was a tad nervous how some situations would pan out but I should have known better with Megan Walker at the helm. Over and over, I found my heart warmed and I was so pleased how things were resolved.
Ros and Charlie are both so loveable. The book is 1st person POV and it helped me connect to Ros instantly. It took me a bit to warm up to Charlie as a love interest, even though I loved him right away as a friend for Ros. Also, if you like strong and loyal friends, then you will love Liza (Charlie's cousin and Ros's best friend).
This book has swoony kissing scenes that are sweet and indulgent.
*loved how pugilism was incorporated
*had some adventure! nice bonus!
*Ben (Ros's brother) - is awesome and he needs a book!!
*Chemistry between the MCs was perfect
*her list - it is just so good and ties in with big picture themes
*lovely self-discovery for both MCs
I'm sure I could go on and on, but I'd rather be re-reading the book.
Anyone who likes historical romance should read this book. So good!

Ever since reading Lakeshire Park Megan Walker has been on my list of autoread authors because it was the first time I got Edenbrooke vibes from another book. So getting the chance to read the eARC (thank you NetGalley!) literally made my month! And I am happy to report that the fabulous Megan has done it again 🙌💗

Things I absolutely adored:
💗 the idea that you can live your dreams no matter what stage of life you’re in
💗 the list 😂 such a fun unique idea!
💗 Charlie obviously 🫠 I’m such a sucker for those regency roguish gentlemen
💗 the boxing - it’s just hot 🔥
💗 the pond scene - reminiscent of my favorite regency scenes of men in wet white shirts 😂
💗 the tension is just 🤌

What I wished for more of:
🖤 a stronger villain aspect - he was devious but I wanted him to be worse 😂
🖤 deeper love triangle angst, although I still think it was done very well 🤌

Overall it was perfect for regency romance fans especially fans of Jane Austen, Anne of Green Gables, Edenbrooke, and Blackmoore! Definitely recommend this to someone craving a fantastic regency romance adventure 🙌

This book was simply lovely! I absolutely adored everything about it. The romance was effortless, the humor was light and flirtatious, the actual plot was unique and engaging! I loved each and every character in this story! Charlie was perfection and I loved his personality, the humor he brought, and his personal growth just made me adore him even more. Charlie’s letter at the end of this book was the sweetest thing and I was tearing up and also so touched by his words. It was just the best! I love how Rosalind really found herself while checking items off of her list and came to a place where she knew what she wanted. I really appreciated how it all unfolded and how she was allowed to realize her feelings in her own time, and make her decisions without pressure or expectations. The conclusion was everything I wanted it to be and I was hanging on every word! This love story was so perfect and it’s going to be one of my favorite reads of the year.

I really enjoyed this book. It was well written and the use of old english was well done. The plot was exciting to follow and did not always go where I expected. Between the plot not develop quite how I was expecting and the exciting adventures of the characters, this book was fun to read and had me throughly enthralled right to the end. It was the first book I have read from this author and I am excited to read more by her.

Thank you NetGalley for allowing me early access to this book and to give my honest review. This is not a paid review.

Miss Newbury's List

◇A Sweet Female Lead
◇ Well written stories
◇Closed Door Romance
◇BEAUTIFUL Book Covers

I recommend looking into this one!
Enjoyed the characters and the story. It was sweet and a good time. I read it in one seating. 📚❤️

Keep a look out for this Miss Newbury's List next year! ♡

Thank You to Netgalley & Shadow Mountain publishing for the advance copy. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Book Synopsis:
" England, 1820
Rosalind Newbury is counting down the days until her wedding to the Duke of Marlow, a man she has only met twice. The marriage is more an agreement between two families and less a romantic connection between two hearts, but Rosalind becoming a duchess will elevate her family's status to dizzying heights. And the duke is a kind man who will care for Rosalind, even if he doesn't love her.

She is determined to tackle each item, though she'll have to accomplish them all in secret. After all, a soon-to-be-duchess is not usually allowed to bury treasure in the pasture, eat sweets all day, or learn how to swim. She enlists the help of her best friend, Liza, who brings along her cousin, Charlie, a prodigal son-turned-boxer who has come to the countryside to mend his reputation and learn how to be his father's heir.

With the wedding looming, Ros must decide to either admit her romantic feelings for Charlie and risk her family's future, or keep her promise to marry the duke and start a new life as a noblewoman."

With her wedding to a Duke she barely knows looming, Rosalind Newbury is desperate to complete a list of ten things she wants to do before marrying. She’s convinced this will give her a sense of fulfillment and confidence that will carry her through to the next stage of life.

Ros enlists the help of Liza (her neighbor/best friend), and Liza’s cousin Charlie. The list keeps bringing Ros and Charlie together in ways that draw them closer and reveal more about each other’s true character and desires in life.

While the main premise is fairly unique and fun, there weren’t many surprises in the plot or resolution. However, the sweet character interactions definitely made up for that. As a result, it was easy to root for their HEA.

Thank you to NetGalley and Shadow Mountain Publishing for providing me with an ARC.

A gentle romance with a sweet plot of a pre-wedding bucket list. I LOVED Lakeshire Park so just had to read another book by Megan. This one didn’t have quite the same charm as her first for me, but it was still well-written and nostalgic.

I love books that take me to a happy place, and Miss Newbury's List certainly did that.
The heroine achieved the most coveted prize of the marriage mart - a betrothal to a Duke but did not experience a London season. So she decided to live life a little for the few weeks remaining before her wedding, simple, innocent things like learning to swim or filling herself with cake. While doing that, she met the hero.
They had no expectations of each other, their connection developed slowly but surely, and it was a delight to read.
Another great book by this author! I'm looking forward to reading her next one.
BTW, I got curious about the duke, despite his obliging bad behavior (lol). I hope he gets a book of his own and redeems himself.

This is the kind of story that is like a nice warm blanket in the winter. Something comforting and comfortable that you just want to snuggle up in. I absolutely adored this story from the first to last page. You’d never guess this is only the second book by Megan Walker, it’s that well written.
You can’t help but be transported to wherever Megan takes you, and l love the journey you take while in the pages of her books. She has this way of writing that I personally love because it just pulls you into the story and won’t let you go until you finish.
Ros and Charlie were lovable, relatable, and realistic main characters that made me want to join in on all the fun. I relate to Ros on a number of levels and several parts had me laughing out loud because they are just so realistic. Now I just need Liza’s story, Ben’s story, and Eloise’s story!
And another aspect of this story that I love, which might seem weird to some, is the lack of an “in your face” bad guy. Yes, one existed, but it wasn’t made completely obvious which I really enjoyed. And then, when the true colors came out, I felt very satisfied with how the “villain” was revealed.
Overall, I loved this book, and will gladly recommending it to anyone and everyone. It’s absolutely perfect for historical fiction romance readers who want a fun and new adventure to go on.

There was not one chapter in this book that I did not enjoy. The characters, the premise, the chemistry, and the wonderful banter/humor kept me invested and smiling throughout the whole story. I knew before I was even halfway through that this was going to be a favorite that I will reread in the future. Perfect recommendation for fans of closed door regency romances! Thanks to Shadow Mountain and Netgalley for sending me a copy. All opinions expressed are my own.

Miss Newbury’s List was such a delightful read! I absolutely love Regency, and this one had some of the favorite Regency settings but was also unique with scenes that aren’t usually seen in this type of novel.

Rosalind has a bucket list that she is determined to finish before her marriage of convenience to a Duke. Enlisting the help of her friend Liza and Liza’s cousin Charlie made for some great memorable moments. I was laughing and smiling at the way they went about checking off all the things she wanted to accomplish.

Charlie was such a fantastic hero, and I loved how he really SAW Rosalind and understood her more than anyone else in her life. He cared about her, but I was glad he still respected that she was engaged even if he didn’t agree about it. I thought the plot was all handled very tastefully and kept me guessing at how it would all work out.

I loved this book and would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys regency or proper romance novels.

A marriage bucket list! Miss Newbury has barely lived life and wants to live a little before she makes an advantageous marriage for her family by marrying a titled man that she barely knows. Enter Rosalind’s best friend Liza and her cousin, Charlie to help her finish her list. The romantic tension builds between Charlie and Rosalind so nicely with some great conversations and sweet moments. I truly didn’t see how all would be well which makes for a great read that is unpredictable. Things got crazy at the end and we get that swoony HEA that we love in this genre.

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher.

Romantic Content: Kisses

A sweet regency. Megan Walker is new to me, for sure will be looking for more of her books. If you like Regency romance, then I highly recommend it.

I loved this sweet story! I don’t read very much historical romance, but every time I do, I’m utterly enraptured! Miss Newbury’s list was no exception.

Rosalind is set to marry a Duke, a marriage of convenience. But before she does, there is a list of things she would like to complete. Who better to help her than her best childhood friend Liza? What she doesn’t expect is Liza’s cousin Charlie.

Charlie, oh, Charlie. He was so perfect for Rosalind. He really saw and appreciated the real Rosalind and the romantic tension between the two was palpable. Loved how author Megan Walker kept me guessing and swooning until the very end.

Utterly delightful read!

Megan Walker has done it again. She intrigued me in the beginning with Ros and captured me with Charlie! I loved the story with all its excitement and surprises, but most especially I loved joining in on Rosalind's adventure of finding herself. I would love to hear how the author came up with the story idea because I loved the idea of a premarital bucket list so very much. Strong character development and excellent chemistry lead me to highly recommend this book as well as the author.

Clean romance.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, all opinions expressed are my own.

Megan Walker is very quickly becoming an auto-buy author for me. This book is just perfection. I laughed, cried, grimaced, groaned, and got angry.

'How DARE he say that???'
'How could he DO that???'
'LOL! I can't believe that happened!'

See? You need to read it to know what I mean by all of that!

I'm honestly not sure what else to say here. This book is perfection. End of story.

*Thank you to NetGalley for allowing me to review this. All opinions are my own.*

Ros was getting married - soon - to a Duke she doesn't know well at all. She isn't quite ready, but is sure once she finishes all the things on her list she will be ready. She enlists the help of her best friend and her best friend's cousin to help her accomplish the list. From hanging a piece of her art in a public place to learning to swim, the list of adventures is bound to be fun.
Each adventure draws Ros closer to Charlie, who is not the duke she is marrying in just a few weeks.
I enjoyed this book! It was funny and tender, with hard choices to be made for both Ros and Charlie. Is duty or love more important?

What can you say about a perfect, feel-good book? Miss Newbury's List was exactly that for me. I loved it! I thought both Rosalind and Charlie were fantastic. I loved the progression of their friendship and I loved how much they both grew. The ways that they showed how much they cared for each other were absolutely swoony. The painting! The sweets!

Liza was a charming side character, as was Ben. The story was satisfying and I love love love how Ros's family stood up for her. I wasn't sure if they would or not, but oh, did they! I love a strong family dynamic in my books.

Megan Walker is another author who just gets better. Considering that I loved Lakeshire Park just as much, she's become an auto-buy. Miss Newbury's List releases in February, and I can't wait to have the paperback in my hands!

**Thanks to NetGalley and Shadow Mountain for the review copy. All opinions are my own.*

In the tale Miss Newbury’s List, by Megan Walker, you will see Rosalind Newbury and two of her friends seek to complete a list of actions her marriage to the Duke of Marlow. You will not believe the situations she finds herself in before the end of this tale!

Lovely story and quality writing. I had high expectations after hearing the hype and this was good. Thank you proper romance for the ARC, all opinions are my own

This book is a fun and sweet story about Rosalind who is betrothed to a duke. She has only met him a couple of times, as the betrothal was brokered between her father and the duke. She is happy with the whole situation, except that when the wedding is looming ahead she remembers something her aunt told her years before about how she made a list of things she wanted to do before she got married. Rosalind decides to make her own list of things she wants to do before she marries, and so the fun begins. This is a fun story with all the funny escapades that occur while she tries to do everything on her list. Her best friend Liza, Liza's cousin Charlie, and her brother Ben are all involved in the various things she does to complete her list. I quickly figured out where the story was going, but I enjoyed the hilarious antics and would definitely recommend this book . A clean read!

I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are voluntary and unbiased and are entirely my own.

My Favorite moments:
-Boxing lessons
-The Opera
-Being rescued from wedding planning
-Buying goods for a picnic
-The Masquerade
-His Letter
-Meeting Charlie’s mother and sister

Rosalind has become engaged to a Duke, but as the wedding nears she starts to feel unsettled. She realizes that she has missed out on so much that she could have experienced. She never experienced a season in London. Her fiancé is a man she has hardly interacted with, yet she has agreed to the marriage so that her family can have the benefits of a title.

I love how Rosalind is brave enough to go and do her before marriage bucket list. As she accomplishes the things on her list she starts to learn more about herself while experiencing life. She gets herself into some interesting situations and all because she is so determined to finish her list.

Charlie is a fantastic character. He is the kind of character that has a mysterious past and makes you love him more as you learn more about him. This book is written from Rosalind’s perspective and the whole time I was just wanting to get into Charlie’s head.

I love the way that Rosalind and Charlie banter. The chemistry and tension between the two at times so strong.
I give this Book 5/5 stars. I loved this book, I didn’t want to put it down. There were times when I laughed out loud and it had its fill of swoony moments. I will definitely be reading this one again!

Thanks to Netgalley and Shadow Mountain Publishing for the arc. All opinions are my own.

Loved, loved, loved! Miss Newbury's List is everything I adore in a regency romance—fantastic banter, humor, lovable and sympathetic characters. I was a huge fan of Lakeshire Park by Megan Walker, so I'm happy to have loved this one just as much. The perfect read for a summer day!

I adored this book!! I loved the whole story, and the strong family theme. The romance was next level, and I found myself quite swoony at the masquerade. 😍 The list was so fun, and I loved Charlie’s devotion to help her finish it! He was so thoughtful, despite his rugged fighting side. I won’t give any spoilers (but I want to!), so I will just tell you that if you like humor, family, love, friendship, a little quarreling, devotion, and some serious swooning- read this one!!!

I really enjoyed this book, the writing was well done, the premise was fun, yet believable for the time period. Ros and Charlie were so cute and I loved how it wasn't just insta-love for either of them. Their love was very unexpected for both of them. Ros was content in her decision to marry the duke and the last thing Charlie was thinking of was marriage. Ros had her list from childhood and coerced Charlie into helping her. They had some hiccups along the way but finished everything. I liked how they grew as story progressed. Charlie seeing where he had failed with his family and owning up to it by going back home. And Ros by not just accepting what she thought was the best for the family. The earl was a little crazy, and maybe that part seemed a bit extreme. And the ending was a little frustrating as most 'misunderstandings' are but it ended well and I would read this story again. Content is clean and I would recommend to my friends.

I received a copy from the publisher, via Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

As you might know, since I say it often, ‘Lakeshire Park’ by Megan Walker is my favorite book of all time! As you may also know, Megan Walker writes beautiful books! So you may guess that ‘Miss Newbury’s List’ is fantastic! Well let me tell you that you have guessed right!!!!

‘Miss Newbury’s List’ by Megan Walker is an absolute dream! This book takes you on the most deliciously wonderful adventure and I couldn’t put this book down! There are lovely friendships, lovable characters, laugh out loud scenes, swoony moments, a heart touching love story, with a sprinkle of fun and a dash of suspense.

Rosalind Newbury has secured the most excellent marriage agreement with a Duke! She once made a wish list of dreams she wanted to accomplish before she married someday. She has three weeks before she marries and 3 weeks to fulfill her wishes. Meanwhile, Charlie steps into her life! Charlie and Liza (her best friend) are along for the wonderful adventure and ride that fulfilling Miss Newbury’s list brings! This was such a clever and unique storyline that took me on the most enjoyable Regency adventure!

Charlie is a little mysterious with a tainted past. He is also a wise flirty tease, who is fun, kind, dashing and adventurous. He is now a member of my favorite heroes club. Rosalind is a beauty who is bold, selfless, adventurous, and adorable!

🤍My favorite part of this story is the beautiful redemptive story line that touched my heart deeply and made me cry! It also inspired me!
🤍I loved the friendships and family relationships in this story plus the adventure!
🤍So many memorable moments including a cliff, a picnic, a painting and a letter!
🤍A little bit of enemies to friends to more with sizzling kisses, wonderful witty banter, and romantic tension. I love Charlie and Ros!

This is truly another masterpiece by Megan Walker! This book touched my heart, made me laugh, and made me cry. It is one of those stories that touches your heart deeply and a piece of it stays with you. I highly recommend this wonderful book!

Thank you to Netgalley and Shadow Mountain Publishing for an arc copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

Content:some violence, kisses only

This book was everything!! Megan's writing is absolutely masterful and Ros and Charlie's love story is everything you could ever want out of a regency romance! Sweet and tender and emotional and funny and swoony and absolutely enchanting! Definitely a new favorite of all time!

This was a fun and enjoyable read. I thought the premise of the "bucket list" was unique and interesting. I also really enjoyed Charlie and Ros together. My favorite scene was probably the picnic scene! I did think parts of the ending were a bit dramatic, and some parts that felt a bit off/awkward, but overall I enjoyed this book! I think fans of regency romance will enjoy it as well.

I'd recommend this book for a good escape read. There's an improbable romance becuase of a situation (but as a reader we all cross our fingers for the impossible!), endearing Hero and heroine, some fun antics and two people coming into themselves more and growing together. The romance was sweet, endearing and the characters were likeable. Me personally thought a couple times hmm, maybe a bit fantastical with how the love story was able to have a turn about. I also did wonder about consequences of an Earl who made a some mishciel for the H. That was just me. Not neccessary for the story to be complete. but I did wonder. However, still overall a fun story and I still felt like I got to step back in time so really take that little caveat with a grain of salt, The ending was very much a happy *sigh* and "awww" . I will for sure read another Megan Walker book. The story flows and the dialgue/banter was enjoyable.

I absolutely ADORED this book! Megan Walker has firmly established herself on my list of favorite authors!!

Her writing style is absolutely wonderful. She has the perfect balance of romance and humor with an edge of mystery! I also adore all of the characters and side characters she creates—they are so deep!

Can I just say, Charlie is one of the sweetest, most tender and swoony male leads I have ever read?! Some of his lines literally melted my heart🥹♥️

Some of my favorite parts of the story were:
🥊 Boxing
🖼The painting/opera
🏞The cliff scene
🎭The masquerade ball
💌The letter

I knew the book would end with a happily ever after, but I honestly wasn’t sure how we were going to get there! That made me even more invested in the story to the point where I literally couldn’t put it down!

I truly loved this entire book and cannot recommend it enough! Make sure you check it out if you love regency romance, fantastic main characters with depth, humor, and a story you can’t put down!

It releases on February 7, 2023!

Thank you so much to the author, Shadow Mountain Publishing, and NetGalley for the complimentary copy. All opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

I read "Miss Newbury's List" because I absolutely loved Megan Walker's other book, "Lakeshire Park."

"Miss Newbury's List" was a very different experience for me than "Lakeshire Park" was. While I almost instantly loved Amelia and Peter in "Lakeshire Park," Rosalind and Charlie took me a while to warm up to. While they're wonderful characters, their dynamic is very different. I especially loved them during the second half of the book.

"Miss Newbury's List" is the story of Rosalind, who is engaged to a duke she barely knows and is sacrificing everything to bring a title into her family. Not long before the wedding, her closest friend Liza has a cousin temporarily move in with them.

Charlie, Liza's cousin, is the opposite of the duke. His family has cut him off, his reputation is somewhat scandalous due to his hobby of boxing, and he's blunt and honest. But is that what Rosalind really wants?

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and I look forward to reading whatever Megan Writes next!

Come on. It doesn't get much cuter than this. I loved Walker's previous novel and was excited for this one - and it did not disappoint! I loved the tension, the push and pull, and the romance. It's why I read these, they are so fun!

MISS NEWBURY’S LIST

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ MUST READ for lovers of regency romance!
🍭 clean, sweet romance perfect for Valentine’s Day

I loved this book and couldn’t put it down! The premise is so charming. I loved taking the journey with Miss Newbury as she completed all the items on her list. The romance is so sweet. I was smiling the entire time! I can’t wait for this to come out in February so I can add it to my library. Megan Walker is fast becoming a favorite author!

Thank you to NetGallley and Shadow Mountain Publishing for the eARC.

*Will publish this review on 02/06/2023 to https://instagram.com/hayleys_book_anthology?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Reminded me of similar books with similar lists. Was still an enjoyable read with interesting characters. I did get to the end and was surprised the main character had two other brothers, since they weren't mentioned.much. I also felt like we never got to learn much about the parents either, especially the dad.

It’s a lovely period romance. The lead couple is charming and there’s chemistry between them. Both Rosalind and Charlie evolve throughout the novel, and it’s nice to see how they complement each other. There is also the curious addition of boxing to the plot which is something I had never seen in a novel of these characteristics. It was a light and pleasant reading, with comic moments, drama, tension and pure romance.

Miss Newbury is marrying the Duke in a few weeks, but she won’t be ready until she completes her list. At least she hopes that’s why she feels restless. With the help of her best friend and her best friend’s cousin, she strives to check off all the boxes. But it seems that she had forgotten to add something to the list. Otherwise she could’ve checked off falling in love. Now she has to choose between love and her duty to her family.

I have all the feels for this book. I laughed. I cried. I smiled. I was enraged. I love Megan Walker’s style of writing. It’s like visiting an old friend. If you like Lakeshire Park, this has the same style—the same feel. The characters are so well written. The chemistry between Ros and Charlie is swoon worthy. I love Charlie’s attention to Ros. How he’s able to see what she’s feeling and see that she needs a change. I love how Ros gives Charlie a second chance and how she believes he can do better. The antics and adventures they get up to because of the list is so fun to watch. I love the found family Ros has with Liza. I love how the relationships between friends and between family are depicted. And I love how the loyalty of Ros’ family plays out in the end.

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for the eARC. All opinions are my own.

From the first few pages when Rosalind is frantically looking for her list, I was completely hooked on this story! It made me laugh over the antics caused by following the list, and swoon as Rosalind fell in love for the first time.

I loved Rosalind’s character arc as she checked items off her list. What started out as an effort to feel complete before marriage became a way to learn about herself, and I thought that was so well written. Charlie is also a wonderful character, and I enjoyed seeing him grow throughout the story.

It was interesting to learn more about boxing and what it was like during this time period. I thought it was a unique aspect to the story, which was fun!

By the end of the book, I felt like I was on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen. I loved how everything played out! There was one aspect of the ending that I especially loved, but I won’t mention it here because I don’t want to spoil anything. It was so well done!

I am eagerly looking forward to more books by Megan Walker!

5/5 stars!

I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Megan Walker must weave some sort of magic into her books. There is a classic and pure voice that is 100% her. I can’t place my finger what that is, but this book had all the same wonderful feelings of Lakeshire Park, while still being uniquely its own story. I was captivated from the beginning and loved every moment of the literary journey.

Miss Rosalind Newbury is a female character after my own heart. She is constantly striving to please her family and make them proud, but deep inside is a women ahead of her time, with a fierce independence and wildness that she manages to mostly keep buried, until she meets Charlie.

Ros is engaged to a Duke she hardly knows. She believes she is doing the right thing, but something is building inside her that is burning to break free.

Following in her aunts footsteps the younger Ros creates a list of things she wants to accomplish before she gets married and believes finishing it will put her heart at ease. So she pulls her best friend Eliza and her cousin Charlie into helping her.

The ensuing friendship and love that blossoms between her and the troubled Charlie was the epitome of well written character and romance development. Charlie is running from his past, his family, and a future he never wanted. Ros gives him purpose again. They made each other better and in turn helped set each other free.

I could go on and on with all the moments that I loved between the two of them, but for the sake of word count let’s just say, this book is a must read. As I walked the streets of England I was so grateful to have this story to curl up with in the evenings and bring alive all the history around me. It was heart melting and beautiful.

Have you ever put off reading a book because you were worried about the emotions you might feel before you got to the end of the book?

Yup. That was me - and this book.

BUT it was so worth it. Megan has a way with words. And emotions. Man, my heart was racing and pounding there at the end! (Who needs exercise when your adrenaline gets going with a good book?!)

Ros is engaged - to a DUKE! The dream of every regency girl. She has a problem though. Ros wants to be as happy and fulfilled as her aunt was when she married and the way to achieve that is to make a LIST! The list is everything she wants to accomplish before marriage. In order to complete the list in a short amount of time, Ros needs help. Enter the BFF, Liza, and her cousin Charlie.

Charlie is a lost boy. He's had some experiences and emotions he doesn't quite know how to handle. Between the 3 of them, they hope to have every item on the list crossed off before the big day. As we accompany them on their journey, we get to witness the fears, the dreams, the emotions, and the love that they must confront, overcome, and embrace.

Make sure to add this book to your list! You won't want to miss crossing off that final item!

Wow this was not what i expected it was so much more, well written story. Everyone should have a before i get married list.This book is a great read.

I'm in love with this book, and that's all you need to know.

Set in England in 1820 Miss Newbury's List tells us about Rosalind Newbury who is going to marry the Duke of Marlow, a man ten years her senior. She met him only a few times and barely knew him, but still agreed to marry the Duke because that's what her family wants. Then Ros rediscovers her childhood wish list and decides to do those ten things before her marriage.

Ros's best friend Liza Ollerton comes back from London (after finishing her Season) with her cousin Charles Winston, a gentleman turned rugged boxer. The two of them start helping Rosalind to check everything off her list before her wedding.

I like the atmosphere of regency/period romance, and this one was such a nice read. My favorite thing about this historical romance is probably the characters. All of them had strong character development during the story and turned out to be completely different people at the end of the book. Also, the chemistry between Ros and Charlie was just the chef's kiss. It's a slow-burn and friends-to-lovers book, and those are literally some of my favorite tropes in romance.

Overall, Miss Newbury's List was everything I was looking for. I added it to my favorites list and I'm definitely going to reread it. Also, can't wait to read something else by Megan Walker, because it was my first book by this author.

When I read Megan’s first proper romance, I fell in LOVE with her writing & simply wanted to keep reading to find out what happened! Well, it was the same with Miss Newbury’s List! It was phenomenally written & I found myself swooning over Charlie & I absolutely LOVED Rosalind! By far one of the BEST Proper Romance heroines I’ve read to date and I immediately connected with her!

I high recommend if you love unconventional love stories that will keep you swooning the whole way through!

A historical romance set in Ashford, England in 1820. Rosalind Newbury is preparing to marry a Duke. Rosalind barely knows the Duke of Marlow but has agreed to the marriage to please her family. Before she marries Rosalind has a list of things she wants to achieve. Her best friend Liza Ollerton has promised to help Rosalind with the list. Rosalind loses her list and Liza’s disgraced cousin Charles Winston finds it.
Charles wants to help Rosalind and Liza with the list and the three of them set out to tick off the items on the list. I loved the way the story unfolded as they went through the list and Rosalind started having feelings for Charles. I liked the way the characters were developed and interacted.

I can’t wait another second before talking about this absolute GEM that I read this weekend with @goodeyreads. It was perfection and I adored every second. You definitely want to preorder this wonderful story.

Here’s a few reasons why:
☕️ it is so heartwarming and will tug all your
heartstrings
☕️ it is ever so swoony
☕️ family comes first
☕️ friendship and sibling bonds
☕️ hilarious moments and mishaps

and so many more reasons. Miss Newbury’s List publishes on February 2, 2023!

What a lovely book this was. Historical Romance is a genre that is very close to my heart.

The book is centered around a young girl at the age of twenty, who had been matched with a Duke without ever entering a season. A pairing that was beneficial to both, her family and the Duke himself.

She makes a list of all the things she wants to do before settling in as a married women, things that were true to her character, the real her. Like eating as many sweets as she can in one sitting or swimming - how scandalous! She lives next door to her best friend, who she asks for help with her list.

She meets her best friend's cousin at the house, a handsome young man with a face full of scars and bruises. She learns that he has been written off by his family for not wanting to step up to his duty as the new heir, and would rather partake in pugilism (boxing).

Instead of her best friend, he agrees to help her with her list. But instead of the list fulfilling her as she thought it would, she learns that there is something else, someone else, who her life belongs to.

The story unfolds in a wonderful romance. A lady and a gentleman who change for the better, a supportive family, a loving best friend and a whole lot of introspection.

It is a beautiful story. I recommend this book to anyone who loves the tension and pure beauty historical romances create!

Girls need to go after what they want! A lesson that happiness is not brought by mere status.

I loved this book! Megan has such a unique way in crafting stories and this was just incredible. I loved the characters and the buildup. It was great!