Why Can't I Let You Go?

Break Free from Trauma Bonds, End Toxic Relationships, and Develop Healthy Attachments

Pub Date 02 Jan 2024 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #WhyCantILetYouGo #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

If you experienced physical or emotional abuse, neglect, or abandonment as a child, you may struggle with unhealthy relationships as an adult. Hurtful attachments with our caregivers in early childhood can lay the foundation for toxic relationships. Those experiences can even affect the way we handle conflict, our feelings toward sex, and our expectations of our partners. But this doesn't mean you can't change. This book will help you gain a greater awareness of the trauma bonds that prevent you from getting the love, safety, and security you desire.

In Why Can't I Let You Go, relationship expert Michelle Skeen will help you identify your attachment style, core beliefs, and the harmful behaviour patterns that are keeping you stuck in toxic relationships. You'll learn proven-effective skills to help you interrupt these unhelpful patterns and attachments in new and old relationships. You'll also discover what you really value in relationships and go on to develop healthy, secure, and lasting love.

Understanding yourself and your deeply held, and often unconscious, beliefs is the first step toward liberating yourself from trauma bonds. Change isn't easy, but in time you'll realize that it's easier and less painful than the heartache and self-doubt you've been enduring for years. With this compassionate guide, you'll find the support and guidance needed to create the loving relationships you truly want.

PAGES 176